PDA

View Full Version : dont forget to move the clock back 1 hour

stevewool
25th October 2015, 07:15
Well its just before 6am my body clock tells me but hang about the clock on the wall says its 5am, well who is right,
Its going to be a very long day and when its dark early tonight i wont no weather its time for bed or what,

Michael Parnham
25th October 2015, 07:39
Well its just before 6am my body clock tells me but hang about the clock on the wall says its 5am, well who is right,
Its going to be a very long day and when its dark early tonight i wont no weather its time for bed or what,

Did all my clocks and watches last night:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th October 2015, 09:57
Oh yes, I'd completely forgotten about that.
Better make a note to be aware when phoning UK
Still trying to sort out my pension claim with those helpful DWP folks :NoNo:
And the just as helpful HMRC folks :NoNo: to have my tax liabilities transferred to the Philippines where possible.

stevewool
25th October 2015, 10:01
That sounds like a fun job Peter, but i am sure there is no person better place then yourself to get it right,
Do you have to phone or can you Email all they and you are wanting in matters like this

SimonH
25th October 2015, 10:08
That sounds like a fun job Peter, but i am sure there is no person better place then yourself to get it right,
Do you have to phone or can you Email all they and you are wanting in matters like this

DWP and HMRC communicating via Email :laugher: Repost that in Fred's joke section :wink:

stevewool
25th October 2015, 10:14
DWP and HMRC communicating via Email :laugher: Repost that in Fred's joke section :wink:

Well if you dont ask these questions , you would never know,

Michael Parnham
25th October 2015, 10:57
Well if you dont ask these questions , you would never know,

DWP (Pensions) +448456060265 Inland Revenue (Tax) +44300200330 These are the numbers you call from Philippines Steve!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th October 2015, 13:38
DWP (Pensions) +448456060265 Inland Revenue (Tax) +44300200330 These are the numbers you call from Philippines Steve!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not sure where you got those numbers Michael :Erm:

The numbers I have been told to use and have been using are:-

If it's HMRC and you're outside UK it's +44 135 535 9022

If it's DWP and about UK State Pensions and you're outside UK it's +44 (0)191 218 7777

I may try the numbers posted and see who answers

Terpe
25th October 2015, 13:42

Sadly Steve you have to Phone or use written communications by regular mail as neither of those outfits will accept anything by e-mail.
I'm now using Skype as the phone charges were getting silly thanks to the people I needed to deal with not really having the competences I would have expected. Things have changed a great deal since my day in that aspect.

Terpe
25th October 2015, 13:47

You'll get an automated response saying they'll respond in 15 days.
After around 20 days the response will tell you that they cannot accept such detail by e-mail and you must phone or write.

My initial letter was registered and took 20 days to reach them. I tracked it and had a scan of the receiving signature. At first they denied receiving it until I provided evidence. I also reminded them that their procedures for 'track & trace' letters required them to add my letter with tracking number onto their system.

They wrote back (25 days later) asking for further information or to telephone them. :doh
Hard to believe :cwm23:

SimonH
25th October 2015, 14:10
https://www.gov.uk/international-pension-centre

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-and-capital-gains-tax-enquiries-for-non-uk-residents

stevewool
25th October 2015, 14:27
Now going into the future like MAGIC ,if i still have a house here in England where most if not all letters are coming too, but living somewhere else in the world,
And all this is well before retirement age , would it make a difference

Michael Parnham
25th October 2015, 14:55
Not sure where you got those numbers Michael :Erm:

The numbers I have been told to use and have been using are:-

If it's HMRC and you're outside UK it's +44 135 535 9022

If it's DWP and about UK State Pensions and you're outside UK it's +44 (0)191 218 7777

I may try the numbers posted and see who answers

They are the numbers I used when living there, still in my phone:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th October 2015, 15:52
Having read about these problems, I will definitely sort out my pension while still resident in UK.

Sorry you're experiencing so much hassle Peter.

stevewool
25th October 2015, 16:05
Having read about these problems, I will definitely sort out my pension while still resident in UK.

Sorry you're experiencing so much hassle Peter.

I have the same thought, but then again i have so long to go, may come back here for a gap year sort of thing and try to sort it all out then,