PDA

View Full Version : ILR completed

robbie bobby
17th October 2015, 21:55
Good evening peeps.

My wife has just applied for her ILR in the last week.She has been in Guernsey now 2 years exactly and Immigration took her documents,we paid £1500!! And were told she will have her passport back with ILR in 3 weeks.Except for the massif hike in the fee it was very easy to do.The guy said that after 1 year exactly to come back and she can go through naturalisation.Im so glad I moved here.It does cost more to live here in Guernsey but the immigration is so personal and relaxed here,we can pop down to speak to an officer anytime and after applying for 4 visitor visas over the past 2 years for her family it's always been so simple and never had an issue.more than I can say about VFS in Cebu though.what a bunch of incompetent idiots they are there.4 appointments made and 4 application documents perfectly done and still we had to have mini heart attacks when there's a call at 3 am to say the documents are not all there when they were.hapoy days though

Arthur Little
17th October 2015, 23:15
... I'm so glad I moved here.It does cost more to live here in Guernsey but the immigration is so personal and relaxed here, we can pop down to speak to an officer anytime and after applying for 4 visitor visas over the past 2 years for her family it's always been so simple and never had an issue.

:yeahthat:'s refreshing to read, Robbie ... it's good to know there ARE still some Immigration Officials who treat their clients with the dignity and respect they deserve! :smile:

ALL the BEST with your wife's ILR. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
18th October 2015, 13:27
Wishing you all the best and much success to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
18th October 2015, 20:23
Indeed its a lot of money, but worth every penny , congrats to you all

Terpe
19th October 2015, 03:02
Congratulations on the ILR :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Lucky you're on the 2 year immigration journey. You must have been one of last few :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Next year will be Citizenship

robbie bobby
19th October 2015, 13:56
Congratulations on the ILR :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Lucky you're on the 2 year immigration journey. You must have been one of last few :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Next year will be Citizenship

Yes Terpe and Im so glad there's no more requirements.Guernsey is still under the old rules and only needs 2 years and not 5 which is a bonus.