PDA

View Full Version : What have we all become

stevewool
4th October 2015, 10:14
there i was waiting for Ems to finish her shift at work, just sitting there in the drop of car park listening to the radio, the world was fine in my eyes,
Then i looked up and there they was, 6 of them walking towards me, they looked like they was on the way to A&E but they stopped between me and A&E,
They all stood there in the track suits the gray ones and black shoes, the women well they sort of looked like women , some of them was sporting a Jason King mustache so i was unsure,
Anyway they all took out there fag packets and all lite up, standing right next to and leaning on the no smoking zone sign, blocking the pavement so others had to pass them going onto the road, did they notice anyone , maybe but did they care, maybe not, they was going about there business, just like we all was,
But what i am getting at here is they just do what they want where they want and sod everyone else, do i say no smoking to them risking what, but then again there are security cameras everywhere , but maybe they dont care too,
Its a funny old world we live in

Terpe
4th October 2015, 11:21
For rules and regulations to work there needs to be consequences that impact on your life if you break them.

grahamw48
4th October 2015, 12:46
Some things are good in the UK...the lack of litter for instance, perhaps because there ARE punishments for such antisocial behaviour, and we are brought up to regard littering as unacceptable.

My recent trip to the Phils was a reminder of how appallingly filthy the place can be, simply as a result of people tossing their litter and castoffs everywhere. :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
4th October 2015, 13:15
Some things are good in the UK...the lack of litter for instance, perhaps because there ARE punishments for such antisocial behaviour, and we are brought up to regard littering as unacceptable.

My recent trip to the Phils was a reminder of how appallingly filthy the place can be, simply as a result of people tossing their litter and castoffs everywhere. :NoNo:
You have just said something I've been wanting to say on here for years, thank you Graham:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
4th October 2015, 13:19

i have to say that our island is practically spotless on the whole... everything is burned with the leaves.. In Manila its different as they now have strict no burning ordinances..Chuck it all in the creek..Thats fine.

Terpe
4th October 2015, 13:28

I've seen folks just tossing their litter wherever and that's one of the things that irks me.

Generally though I would say that our part of Davao City is fairly clean with good collecting and clean ups.
Here in our village the rubbish is collected every morning and the streets are cleaned and drains cleared directly after.
Except on Sundays. :wink:

fred
4th October 2015, 13:33
i have said for a long time now that if manila burned all their rubbish in a nice big modern incinerator the whole country would never again suffer a brownout..
Am I on to something:Erm:

stevewool
4th October 2015, 13:58
did you mean burn Manila

grahamw48
4th October 2015, 14:59
I think that happened in WW2 Steve. :cwm25:

Our societies will always be different, but it does seem a shame that this particular behaviour cannot be educated out of people.

Marine life is being threatened by all the crap that ends up in the ocean nowadays, quite apart from the personal and civic pride aspect of keeping things clean and tidy around our homes and towns.

stevewool
4th October 2015, 16:17
Its the world all over Graham, if you dont pick it up then who will, but you cant pick everything up,

stevewool
4th October 2015, 16:19
The thing that has improved in this country , or should i say where i live is dog muck, its very rare you see it on the pavements these days , but you do get the stupid owner who just dont give a dam,
Now its different over and around Manila, you have to be care full where you do tread

grahamw48
4th October 2015, 16:27
Good point Steve.

It started to happen after they began fining people properly, providing bins to chuck the muck into, plus re-educating the ignorant. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
4th October 2015, 17:37
Harlene once asked me why I didn't want to marry an English woman, your description is pretty much what I told her most of the ones I meet around my area are like....

To be honest I don't recall dating any English Woman that do it for me like Harlene does :icon_lol: :love18: