PDA

View Full Version : Hey, BIG Spider!

Arthur Little
27th September 2015, 16:02
No, I don't have one as a pet, as it happens :nono-1-1: ... I simply came across this article on the web and thought I'd share it with those of you who aren't phobic about [rumours of] :Britain:'s households being overrun by the nation's BIGGEST arachnids ... :603785::603785::603785: ... believed [also] to be one of the LARGEST in Europe.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/earth/11894543/Terrifying-spiders-Readers-pictures-of-the-monster-house-spider-invasion.html

Arthur Little
27th September 2015, 16:55
Oh well ... :anerikke: ... it'll make a bit of a change :biggrin: from our shores being swamped by all these homeless immigrants! :wink:

raynaputi
27th September 2015, 16:57
We regularly see those spiders in our house. Nothing to worry about coz they don't bite. When we see them, we just put them outside, to the trees in the garden. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2015, 19:44
We regularly see those spiders in our house. Nothing to worry about coz they don't bite. When we see them, we just put them outside, to the trees in the garden. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same here!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
28th September 2015, 07:23
I was fishing under some banana trees at Mt Arayat dam last week and as I set up my rods, my stepson Joshua shouted to me. 'Papa Steve.... A big spider on your back' I must admit, I don't like spiders that much, and I savagely patted my back to remove it. As it dropped to the floor it ran under some grass. It was then stepped on. We picked it up and it must have been three and a half inches across and a Taranchula type of spider. :cwm24::yikes:
Luckily, I had my trousers tucked into my socks or maybe it would have gone up my leg lol

Terpe
28th September 2015, 08:31
Nice one Steve :icon_lol:

There's some horrible 'nasties' inhabit the Paradise islands.

Terpe
28th September 2015, 08:31
Nice one Steve :icon_lol:

That sounds like one monster spider.

There's some horrible 'nasties' inhabit the Paradise islands.

SimonH
28th September 2015, 10:11
Luckily, I had my trousers tucked into my socks or maybe it would have gone up my leg lol

I've heard of a trouser snake before, but never a trouser spider :cwm25:

Arthur Little
28th September 2015, 23:41
I've heard of a trouser snake before, but never a trouser spider :cwm25:

:cwm24: ... oh NO?

............................................... Hmm ... :yeahthat:'s easily remedied! :poke: Next time you've spied 'er :grosyeux: - NOT difficult, 'cos most of the genus are females laying their eggs - pick 'er up (if you dare) put 'er in your "drawers" ... and, Voila ... you'll have a 'trouser spider'! :cwm3: