PDA

View Full Version : British Consul Cebu.......

Tawi2
19th September 2015, 16:08
My friend is in Cebu and went to the british consul in cebu last week to apply for his daughters passport,he said its closed,anyone know where new consul if any is in Cebu now?:Erm:

raynaputi
19th September 2015, 18:42
Here's the link from the gov.uk website..no address though. :Erm:

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila/office/british-consulate-cebu

cheekee
20th September 2015, 02:15
I emailed them last year and never got an answer.

I think they are closed now and it all goes through manila.

Dabawenyo
20th September 2015, 06:22
There is still a British Consul in Cebu - she is the daughter of the previous Consul (Moya Jackson) who has lived here almost all her life. However she is not "open to the public" and acts only on instructions from the Embassy.

cheekee
20th September 2015, 08:41
There is still a British Consul in Cebu - she is the daughter of the previous Consul (Moya Jackson) who has lived here almost all her life. However she is not "open to the public" and acts only on instructions from the Embassy.

Ah ok.

Thank you for this information.

Tawi2
4th January 2016, 12:42
My mates cebu trip last year he didnt manage to get up to manila as the cebu consulate door was closed,he is going to manila very soon as he has managed to scrape the cash up for the trip and he has been told he needs 70k pesos for naturalisation and passport?Anyway he is going back to apply for her passport,he isnt computer savy,not really a techie,can anyone paste a link i can go to and print off the exact requirements he needs to present to the consule please?I told him i think the processing time is approx 9 months?thank you :smile:

Terpe
4th January 2016, 13:14
Requirements for what?
Can you be more specific ?

Tawi2
4th January 2016, 13:20
Requirements to apply for her passport and naturalisation :smile:

Terpe
4th January 2016, 13:33
Requirements to apply for her passport and naturalisation :smile:

If your friends daughter needs a British passport she'll need to apply to the passport office.
The British Embassies are no longer involved in that process

Tawi2
4th January 2016, 13:39
Oh,is there a passport office in manila?Any idea of what documentation he needs to supply?

Terpe
4th January 2016, 13:48
Oh,is there a passport office in manila?Any idea of what documentation he needs to supply?

As I said the British Embassy don't handle passports.
She needs to apply at the UK passport office

The British embassy can’t help with passport enquiries. Contact Her Majesty’s Passport Office if you need help.

If you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel, you may be able to get an emergency travel document.

Tawi2
4th January 2016, 13:51
So he can apply here in the uk office then?Thanks,i will tell him,that will make his day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
4th January 2016, 20:45
I'll be starting that process (passport application) shortly... on behalf of my baby son. Just need to make sure I've got all the correct required documents first. :smile: