PDA

View Full Version : Rugby world cup

stevewool
18th September 2015, 19:47
Rugby World Cup starts tonight and will last for 6 weeks, to me the best sport in the world, beats the pansies football players anyday, bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Slip
18th September 2015, 20:20
Can't stand it.

Prisoner in my own home when it's on.... Well unless I want to get stuck in all the traffic, not to mention diversions and road closures.... Price I pay I guess living 3 miles away from Twickenham rugby ground.

stevewool
18th September 2015, 20:30
I bet you can hear the shouts then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Amaw2008
27th September 2015, 08:53
We've got my mahal's mother and older sister staying until November, and they've taken a real liking to the rugby, particularly the Samoan team. We watched their valiant but unsuccessful battle against South Africa; they particularly like the Samoan full back Tim Nanai-Williams as he's the dead spit of a relative back home. It's a case of Nanay watching Nanai:laugher: The less said about the result of the later match the better:NoNo:

SimonH
27th September 2015, 09:34
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, not shown in the hotel and if it was it would be at 3am local time :bigcry:

fred
28th September 2015, 01:01
Do you not get Fox sports Simon?

Amaw2008
23rd October 2015, 12:51
As a neutral, I thought that Scotland were a bit unlucky to go out against Australia. They won a lineout by pushing out an Aussie, but they tried to be too clever. They were one point ahead with two minutes of play remaining. Instead of going short and hanging on to the ball, they threw it long, and in a confused melee, the referee awarded Australia a penalty. In my view it should have been at worst a scrum with Aussie put-in, and possibly not even that. I can understand Scottish:Brick:, but like I said, the Scottish hooker's decision gets a:thumbsdown:as well. Ah well, all of the home nations teams are out now, may the best team win.

SimonH
2nd November 2015, 12:17
Well what a fantastic end to a brilliant world cup, well done New Zealand :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just to cap it off and prove what a fantastic sport it is, Sonny Bill Williams gesture of giving his gold medal away to a young supporter who got tackled by a security guard really made it something special :smile:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/31/sonny-bill-williams-world-cup-winners-medal-14-year-old-fan

A few of us went out for a post championship lunch yesterday, and I was lucky enough to be sat next to Scott Gibbs, a true rugby legend :xxgrinning--00xx3: