PDA

View Full Version : Bringing cash!

akosicute11
24th August 2015, 14:05
Hi Just a question regarding cash taking into the philippines. I will traveling to Heathrow airport next year, Is it allowed to bring £2000 pounds notes without checking my bag? Thank you

SimonH
24th August 2015, 14:16
Just to clarify are you flying from Heathrow to the Philippines or from the Philippines into Heathrow?

akosicute11
24th August 2015, 14:22
Just to clarify are you flying from Heathrow to the Philippines or from the Philippines into Heathrow?

From Heathrow to the Philippines:)

SimonH
24th August 2015, 14:31
You're allowed to take up to the equivalent of 10,000 Euros out of the UK without having to declare it and up to the equivalent of $10,000 into the Philippines without declaration, so you should be fine :smile:

Arthur Little
24th August 2015, 15:59
You're allowed to take up to the equivalent of 10,000 Euros out of the UK without having to declare it ...

... and up to the equivalent of £10,000 sterling. :smile:

sars_notd_virus
24th August 2015, 16:59
Hi Just a question regarding cash taking into the philippines. I will traveling to Heathrow airport next year, Is it allowed to bring £2000 pounds notes without checking my bag? Thank you

I don't think you will have a problem with the cash limit but be careful in Philippine Airports lots of horrible stories going in there.
Spread your cash , put some in your wallet/in your bag/in your trousers front pocket/in your sunglasses case.

Terpe
24th August 2015, 17:12
I don't think you will have a problem with the cash limit but be careful in Philippine Airports lots of horrible stories going in there.
Spread your cash , put some in your wallet/in your bag/in your trousers front pocket/in your sunglasses case.

Hehehe
Good advice. I do that everyday whenever I leave home. Even though I only carry small amounts. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Even in my shoes :icon_lol:

I learnt from Fred. :wink:

stevewool
24th August 2015, 18:48
I could always take it for you :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
24th August 2015, 20:00

You can carry up to equivalent of 7000 dollars cash without declaring it, the wife and I carried £7000 cash between us when we moved here from the Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
25th August 2015, 08:13
... and up to the equivalent of £10,000 sterling. :smile:

Maybe they've changed it recently Arthur, the government link below states 10,000 Euros :xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

sars_notd_virus
26th August 2015, 19:29
Hehehe
Good advice. I do that everyday whenever I leave home. Even though I only carry small amounts. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Even in my shoes :icon_lol:

I learnt from Fred. :wink:

Hahaha Only in D' Philippines !!:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th August 2015, 12:20
Maybe they've changed it recently Arthur,

:cwm25: ... not that I'm aware of, Simon.

the government link below states 10,000 Euros :xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

.................................................... :yeahthat:'s certainly what the link states ... :iagree:. And 10,000 Euro doesn't equate to £10,000 sterling. Not yet, anyway!

But I'm surprised the British Government site has based its calculation on the European unit of currency - as opposed to our own - it strikes me as ANOTHER :censored: indication of how much we're dominated by the EU, sadly. :bigcry:

Dabawenyo
28th August 2015, 05:48
But I'm surprised the British Government site has based its calculation on the European unit of currency - as opposed to our own - it strikes me as ANOTHER :censored: indication of how much we're dominated by the EU, sadly. :bigcry:The British Government's advice simply copies the current Philippine regulations which do not mention Sterling at all. Unlike the Euro or US Dollar, Sterling is not considered to be a major currency here and therefore doesn't rate a mention.

KeithD
28th August 2015, 08:48
Which is strange, as anyone who understands the currency markets knows that the GBP is regarded as much safer and far superior to the EUR.

Tawi2
28th August 2015, 16:32
I carried around £8000 last december in my pockets,put my jacket through the X-RAY at Heathrow no problems.