PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Duterte opens Davao Kadayawan 2015

Terpe
21st August 2015, 07:01
After yet another few days adventure in the mountains of Compostela Valley and catching this horrible cold I was urged on by my wife to attend the Davao City Kadayawan Opening Ceremony last night and officially opened by the one and only City Mayor Duterte.

It was my first time to see him 'in action' at such close quarters. Although he brushed past me one time at the Marco Polo Hotel. (my claim to fame) :Jump:

His opening remarks began:-

We dedicate Kadayawan to our indigenous peoples who came before us.For as long as I am mayor I will insist that we all mix and live together in mutual respect.I don’t want anyone starting conflicts here because of identity or religion. We are all Davaoeños and Mindanawons

It was a beautiful evening weatherwise, the opening ceremony was just short enough and we all enjoyed the music.
We plan to attend some events every day now and especially at the weekend with the Indak Indak sa Kadalanan (Roxas Ave to San Pedro Street)and Pamulak Kadayawan (Magsaysay Ave to San Pedro Street)

We seem to always end up in San Pedro Square somehow to feel the atmosphere along with the thousand of others.

Sorry to say no photo's this time.....I forgot to bring my wife's camera.( I was told) :doh

Anyway here's a clip I found on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7H3qykolmU&feature=player_embedded

jonnijon
21st August 2015, 23:07
Very nice in Compostela Valley, but you need to be careful up there Peter ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
25th August 2015, 12:12
I rode up there last december from toril on a motorbike,great trip,some nice roads.

London_Manila
25th August 2015, 18:23
I wonder if DUTERTE had his assassination squad with him :wink:

Dabawenyo
28th August 2015, 05:38
I wonder if DUTERTE had his assassination squad with him :wink:And what "assassination squad" is that, then?