PDA

View Full Version : London Buses Promote Davao City And Philippines' Tourist Spots

Arthur Little
6th August 2015, 18:47
Myrna drew my attention to the following article ... posted this afternoon on facebook ... courtesy of one of her close relatives:

http://www.davaoeagle.com/london-buses-promote-davao-city-and-philippine-tourist-spots

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
6th August 2015, 19:09
Myrna drew my attention to the following article ... posted this afternoon on facebook ... courtesy of one of her close relatives:

http://www.davaoeagle.com/london-buses-promote-davao-city-and-philippine-tourist-spots

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Another great find Arthur, we're going to London later this year, will try and get a photo or two with the tour bus! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th August 2015, 19:41
Nice to see the Phils being promoted here in the UK.

Thanks for posting Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th August 2015, 23:27
Another great find Arthur

Thanks for posting Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Myrna is from the Davao Region, chaps ... so it's my pleasure! :biggrin:

London_Manila
7th August 2015, 00:36
Minadanao is still on the UK'S governments "essential" travel only advisory :cwm25:

I would imagine that advice is for a reason

Terpe
7th August 2015, 01:36
Minadanao is still on the UK'S governments "essential" travel only advisory :cwm25:

Davao City was placed as the 4th safest city in the world in a recent survey.
It certainly feels that way.

I've travelled around Mindanao a whole lot during my time here often into the so called no-go areas such as the Compostela Valley, Surigao and Cotabato.

Of course the military remain a highly visible presence in those areas with checkpoints etc.
Even today there are 'hot spots' where sporadic gun fights are likely to erupt at anytime as the military seek out the various armed groups still operating. These are mainly in jungle areas.

The UK government, along with others, still sees the need to maintain the warnings of terrorist action and potential kidnap.
Fair enough.

Many countries are seen as unsafe by western governments including popular tourist destinations such as Thailand etc
Like Mindano, these are all large land areas mostly safe and beautiful

Michael Parnham
7th August 2015, 07:14
You are really settling in Peter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
7th August 2015, 08:40
I actually saw a bus with a big DAVAO advert across it outside westminster 3 or 4 weeks ago and did a double-take :grosyeux: quite a random advert as the average brit would find it easier pointing to chichen itza or timbuktu than a city on an island they never heard of in their lives :icon_lol:

Tawi2
7th August 2015, 09:07

Mindanao is a big island,20-25 years ago parts of it felt like the wild west,nowadays apart from pockets of trouble it doesnt seem to have the edge it once had,of course there is always the wrong time wrong place variable,but i have lived in an ARMM region,been to zamboanga,ipil etc loads of times,even stayed in sitangkai for several months and made back-door trips across to sabah with people smugglers,i always felt completely safe,but it just takes one incident i guess,my lady recently had to travel to meet governor tan down in sulu,4 of his bodyguards accompanied her from zamboanga,some people take their personal security seriously.