PDA

View Full Version : Home Again

sala74
2nd February 2006, 15:43
Hi Guy`s,
Just want to say hello again and say i have just arrived back to Edinburgh from the beautiful and sunny Camiguin Island where i`ve been with my good lady for the last two weeks. Its the fourth time i`ve visited the Philippines and i can only say to any of the guys who are still a little unsure about going there, i`ve never experienced and problems and always found all the locals so friendly and helpful. As i said before, we are due to marry in May, so its going to be along 3 months until i see my woman again, so i know im going to need a little support from you guys and a little help with wedding info. If anybody is looking for any advice of info on Cagayan de Oro or Camiguin Island, im more than happy to give you any help i can. Scottish Stu :(

ginapeterb
2nd February 2006, 17:28
Originally posted by sala74@Feb 2 2006, 02:43 PM
Hi Guy`s,
Just want to say hello again and say i have just arrived back to Edinburgh from the beautiful and sunny Camiguin Island where i`ve been with my good lady for the last two weeks. Its the fourth time i`ve visited the Philippines and i can only say to any of the guys who are still a little unsure about going there, i`ve never experienced and problems and always found all the locals so friendly and helpful. As i said before, we are due to marry in May, so its going to be along 3 months until i see my woman again, so i know im going to need a little support from you guys and a little help with wedding info. If anybody is looking for any advice of info on Cagayan de Oro or Camiguin Island, im more than happy to give you any help i can. Scottish Stu :(

Quoted post

Welcome Back Stu, good to have you back on board, glad you had a great holiday over there in Camiguin Island, well start researching for the marriage now at:

http://www.british-filipino.com/How%20to%20Marry.html

Lots of helpful information at this link, also check this link out.

http://www.british-filipino.com/filipinowedding.html

Hope you have fun, dont worry, the time soon goes, before you know it, May will be up on you, get the preparation started now, organizing things, get the wedding package sorted, if you are marrying in Phils.

The Support network will be there for you dont worry, Im sure all the lads here will want to welcome you back and wish you the best,

Pete

mupsuit
2nd February 2006, 21:26
As Peter says we will all be happy to assist and add comment based on our experiences

So take a look at the links indicated by Peter and then come back with questions specific to your case

PI weddings are in many respects the same as UK weddings but there are small differences

as an example

we had a civil wedding at a local resort - the mayor came to the venue with his retenue and we married in the garden The service was followed by the reception in the garden

Our wedding invitations included a small note indicating the number of seats we had reserved for them .... it might seem obvious in the UK that if the wedding invitation is to John and Jean Smith are invited - two people will come

It PI - it would not be unusual for John and Jean to bring a friend(s) or all their children ... we were catering for 100 guests so if all the families brought a guest then the seating and meals planning would have been a disaster ...

so tell us some details and you can avoid many pitfalls -

As payment we will expect to see the Happy Day Photos in the Forum Galley

Good luck for May