PDA

View Full Version : Ted Heath

London_Manila
5th August 2015, 17:46
Former Tory prime minister is now being investigated by no less than 5 different police forces in the UK

Alleged child sex offenses

A Filipino brothel keeper threatened to blow the whistle on Heath and then all of a sudden her charges were dropped

The USA reporter who was banned from entering the UK after investigating claims of abuse on Heath's boat
in Jersey

Hearing Heath's former cronies on the radio defending him was sickening......

The grubby world of self serving politicians abusing children with the police looking the other way

Unlike Dedworth I am not trying to score political points here against any political party

I regard most of these politicians as morally bankrupt whatever party they happen to belong to

Yes quite right nothing has been proved at present!

les_taxi
5th August 2015, 18:54
Sadly it would not surprise me if he has done something, plenty of sick .......s in this world :cwm23:

Arthur Little
5th August 2015, 19:44
Well, to be honest ... :anerikke: ... the worst thing I'd ever heard about Edward Heath was that he'd no personality. And also, according to my dad, all he did was bleat like a :sheep: whenever he opened his mouth.

Which, thinking back :icon_rolleyes: ... seemed a pretty fair assessment.

Dedworth
5th August 2015, 20:04
Former Tory prime minister is now being investigated by no less than 5 different police forces in the UK

Alleged child sex offenses

A Filipino brothel keeper threatened to blow the whistle on Heath and then all of a sudden her charges were dropped

The USA reporter who was banned from entering the UK after investigating claims of abuse on Heath's boat
in Jersey

Hearing Heath's former cronies on the radio defending him was sickening......

The grubby world of self serving politicians abusing children with the police looking the other way

Unlike Dedworth I am not trying to score political points here against any political party

I regard most of these politicians as morally bankrupt whatever party they happen to belong to

Yes quite right nothing has been proved at present!

Rather than raking over people now dead I'd like to see Janner in the dock

London_Manila
5th August 2015, 23:47
The Filipino brothel keeper has now denied ever saying anything about Ted Heath :anerikke:

Arthur Little
6th August 2015, 00:56
The Filipino brothel keeper has now denied ever saying anything about Ted Heath :anerikke:

:yeahthat:'s how it should be left, IMO ... given the bloke died ten years ago!

Michael Parnham
6th August 2015, 07:43

I'll second that Arthur!

johncar54
6th August 2015, 09:22
Sorry I suspect I will, again, be out of step with general opinion, but I cannot see any real value in spending substantial sums of public money (yours and mine) investigation anything which will not result in convictions or assist substantially in crime prevention and thus the protection of the public, but will only embarrass innocent family members, by blackening someone’s name who of course has no chance of giving his explanation.

This is especially so when all 43 police services in UK are being made to cut back, and cut back again, on vital services to the public.

I have no problem with victims seeking compensation through the courts, at their own expense, against the estates of persons they allege have inflicted harm on them, but not at our expense.

Let the police use our taxes to investigate crimes committed by living people and on protecting us now.

That said, I find it ‘odd’ that dead people who happened to be well known get that attention when Joe Public can be forgotten and ignored.

An example:-

As a former Police Office whose brother was killed and a person was convicted it may seem strange, to those who think the police are out to get someone, anyone, when an offence has occurred, that in the interests of justice I would seek to have that conviction overturned, but that is what I did.

For those interested :-

My brother was killed in 1982 and a person was convicted. I believe that conviction was a miscarriage of justice.

As a former Detective Chief Inspector, and thus with good legal reason, I reported my suspicions to The Criminal Cases Review Commission. I did not have the first name of the person convicted and after more than 6 months the CCRC had been unable (or had not bothered) to ascertain who the person convicted was and thus could take no action .

I made many enquires, including in public records’ offices, newspaper records etc. and eventually I had a letter published in the London Police Pensioner Magazine, which resulted in an officer calling the magazine with the full name of the person convicted.

The CCRC then made some specific enquires, traced the case, but decided that as the convicted person was now dead there was no point in proving he may have been innocent (I believe almost certainly innocent) so that any family he had would know he had been wrongly convicted and thus know their relative was not a murderer.

I copy here the letter I sent to CCRC and their final reply.

In 1982 Robert Barton, a friend of my brother, called the ambulance and the police to say my brother was apparently dead.

A `post Mortem found the cause of death was:- Asphyxia and Compression of the neck.

Barton, was arrested, charged and subsequently convicted of murder.

At the time, having been informed of the circumstances, I was extremely surprised the finding was murder and suspected I had not been informed of all the circumstances.

In April 1982 I was a Detective Inspector.

Sometime following the conviction I saw the police file and again was surprised a jury had brought in a verdict of murder and not manslaughter; I was unable to see any evidence of intent.

Recently I became aware that a ‘choker hold’ on the neck can result in death within a very short time, even in seconds. I now strongly suspect the pathologist was not aware how a ‘choker hold’ could kill and that lead to an incorrect conclusion.

For that reason I believe there has been a miscarriage of justice.

I requested an investigation be commenced into the results of the post mortem and the safety of the conviction being reviewed.

This was the final letter from CCRC:-

Dear Mr ….

The letter that you had published in the London Police Pensioner served us well and, as a result, we received a letter from a retired police officer who says that he was a member of the team which investigated your brother’s death. He was able to provide us with the name of the man convicted, a Robert Barton. We have since made enquiries to trace Mr Barton. Unfortunately, we have learnt this morning that Mr Barton himself died in 2009.

I have given a lot of thought as to whether the CCRC should seek to establish if Mr Barton has any surviving close relatives. I have had regard to factors such as (i) the age of the conviction, (ii) the fact that Mr Barton did not seek to challenge the conviction with the CCRC himself, (iii) that if the arguments that you put forward did provide grounds for us referring the conviction to the appeal court, then the height of what would be achieved would be a reduction of culpability for the offence from murder to manslaughter and (iv) the impact of the work involved on the many other people who currently have applications with the CCRC (the majority of whom are currently serving prison sentences). In all the circumstances, I do not think that it is proportionate for the CCRC to attempt to establish the existence of surviving close relatives and we will not therefore be taking any further action.

I’m sorry if that disappoints you. Had Mr Barton still been alive, our position would have been different.

Sally Berlin,
Criminal Cases Review Commission.

Had I been defending Barton, based on what I now know, I am almost 100% certain he would have been acquitted not only of murder but manslaughter and even GBH.

The only good thing is that there was no death sentence when he was tried. Not that I am on the whole opposed to the death sentence as a realistic deterrent, but that is another argument.

As a former police officer, who spent my entire service seeking justice, I am disgusted by the CCRC decision.

“One law for the rich and famous another for Joe Public.“

London_Manila
7th August 2015, 00:25

Agreed but they never did that with Jimmy Savile or Cyril Smith

These historic sex cases will run and run

If the victims are still alive and making allegations then they should be investigated

Michael Parnham
7th August 2015, 07:16

If the victims are still alive and making allegations then they should be investigated

The question is, are they victims?:Erm:

johncar54
7th August 2015, 08:31

Are you a lawyer by any chance ? You speak like one !
It will only benefit lawyers to have enquiry after enquiry, our taxes paying them.

As I posted: I believe a man was wrongly convicted of murder but 'they' are not interested in checking the facts to probably clear his name, because he is dead and there is no money in it for the lawyers !

Michael: The question is, are they victims?

Good point, but assuming they are, and are seeking cash, the only place they will get compensation is from the estate of the dead man if there is anything left.

Dedworth
7th August 2015, 18:24
"I was sent parcels of hush money while in jail", says madam in Heath sex case: Brothel keeper also threatens to write book to 'name them all'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3187489/I-sent-parcels-hush-money-jail-says-madam-Heath-sex-case-Brothel-keeper-threatens-write-book-all.html#ixzz3i9Q9nLlJ

The Sun will no doubt have the full story on Sunday :biggrin:

Terpe
8th August 2015, 01:06
Dedworth,
I've merged your post into the original subject thread.

London_Manila
8th August 2015, 02:03
If these senior politicians have been engaged in paedophile activity then they should be exposed
Ok some may be dead but spare a thought for their victims
I think this is in the public interest to investigate such matters and to find out the truth
Issues like child sex parties at Elm House and Dolphin Square need scrutiny

Basically the country was being run by a load of child molesters :NoNo:

Dedworth
8th August 2015, 14:03
Dedworth,
I've merged your post into the original subject thread.

Cheers Terpe

johncar54
8th August 2015, 15:29
If these senior politicians have been engaged in paedophile activity then they should be exposed
Ok some may be dead but spare a thought for their victims
I think this is in the public interest to investigate such matters and to find out the truth
Issues like child sex parties at Elm House and Dolphin Square need scrutiny

Basically the country was being run by a load of child molesters :NoNo:

In an ideal world every crime would be investigated, every road patrolled, every public gathering policed, every strike demonstration policed, etc.

OK so it's a choice where the police spend our money,

They do not have enough funding to do everything (and we don't wanna pay more in taxes for police services anyway) .

So my house has been burgled, my wife/daughter raped, my son murdered etc, and they have ancient allegations of unlawful sexual activities where the alleged perps are long since dead.

I know the priorities that I want my tax money spent on, and it ain't the Jimmy Seville enquiry, Ted Heath enquiry, and all the historic allegations which might come to light.

Apart from a possibility to get some cash, and that does not depend on a police enquiry, unfortunately what has happened has happened, the victim's ills will not be put right by a mountain of enquiries and fingers being pointed, nor for that a pile of cash.

bigmarco
11th August 2015, 13:41
Personally I'm for getting it all out in the open despite the culprits having died.
There is evidence of serious police cover ups in some of these cases so it needs to be investigated properly and those who neglected their duty should be taken to task.

Tawi2
12th August 2015, 07:28
she must have decided to cash in,she is in the sun and was on sky news earlier saying mr heath IS (mustnt realise he is dead) a decent nice man,who just happened to have a predeliction for man on man gay-for-pay action with much younger guys/gays:cwm25:

KeithD
12th August 2015, 08:33
she must have decided to cash in,she is in the sun and was on sky news earlier saying mr heath IS (mustnt realise he is dead) a decent nice man,who just happened to have a predeliction for man on man gay-for-pay action with much younger guys/gays:cwm25:

It's obvious from the way she talks that she definitely knew him, so he was up to something that those of us in the real world do not get involved in..... We marry Filipino's... so it costs us far more than paying by the hour :laugher:

Tawi2
12th August 2015, 09:49
Theres an old saying,if it flies,floats or f***s its always cheaper to rent than to buy :cwm25: Jonathan king,the pedophile,said today that heath definatly wasnt gay as he one flirted with the PM for 20 minutes and didnt get any signals back :icon_lol: Heath used to pay 500 quid a session according to that mama-san,i wonder what her percentage was,she has 2 convictions for running a house of dubious morality :cwm25: