PDA

View Full Version : East Midlands Summer Meetup?

nitrox
28th July 2015, 16:23
Hi Guys,

It seems from another thread of mine that we have a few members around the Midlands area, so with that in mind I thought I'd test the water for those who might be interested. I figured an informal meal might fit the bill with a few drinks as well.

I was going for Saturday 22nd August at a restaurant in the Center of Nottingham, say from 4pm till later? If you are interested then please reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list below so I can get an idea of attendance. Once I have a list of attendees I'll come back with location and pricing for a meal. (nothing too fancy, nothing to cheap).

1. Dan (Nitrox)
2. Lynne (Nitrox's Mrs)
3. Rose (Vernier Caliper)
4. Trefor (Roses' better half)

Here we go! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dan.

Arthur Little
28th July 2015, 17:25
GREAT :idea:, Dan ... wishing you every success with it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
28th July 2015, 17:40
GREAT :idea:, Dan ... wishing you every success with it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Seconded ! Best wishes for a good meeting :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Trefor
28th July 2015, 19:01
Yup, add Trefor and Rose. Although she doesn't know yet :cwm25:

1. Dan (Nitrox)
2. Lynne (Nitrox's Mrs)
3. Rose (Vernier Caliper)
4. Trefor (Roses' better half)

stevewool
28th July 2015, 19:39
Sorry Dan cannot make that weekend, we are in London for a christening, another time for sure, but i will tell you now, Ems works every other weekend at the hospital, so if i keep saying cant make it on your dates i will have to give you the dates she is free, unless you want me to come alone :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
29th July 2015, 07:00
Regret to say we cannot make it as Maritess works every weekend until 7 15pm, thanks for the offer though. Btw what part of the Philippines is Lynne from? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nitrox
29th July 2015, 10:00
I've updated the list guys, it would be great if we can get a few more!

nitrox
29th July 2015, 10:03
Regret to say we cannot make it as Maritess works every weekend until 7 15pm, thanks for the offer though. Btw what part if the Philippines is Lynne from? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Michael, Lynne is from Mabalacat which is located in Pampanga. She was a school teacher until she became pregnant with our daughter, this may be something she looks at doing again here in the UK as maybe a teaching assistant further down the line.

I know she's looking forward to meeting new Filipina's and making new friends!

Trefor
29th July 2015, 13:05
Could we do this on a Friday evening instead to catch a few more weekend workers/those away?

nitrox
29th July 2015, 13:32
Could we do this on a Friday evening instead to catch a few more weekend workers/those away?

Absolutely! The bigger the turn out the better for everyone I think.

nitrox
31st July 2015, 11:41
No more takers?

Travellor
2nd August 2015, 19:14
I will try to make it with my partner.

There is an all you can eat buffet in the centre which may be a place to gather.

Red hot might be the name but I can enquire more if it sounds viable.

nitrox
3rd August 2015, 09:42
I will try to make it with my partner.

There is an all you can eat buffet in the centre which may be a place to gather.

Red hot might be the name but I can enquire more if it sounds viable.

Ha! I was thinking of the exact same place. Red Hot World Buffet is the name of the place, located in the corner house.

Travellor
3rd August 2015, 21:29
Would you add Richard and Jeanette to the list pls.

I think anytime will suit us.

Jeanette arrives on the 9th so it would be great for her to meet other filipina's