PDA

View Full Version : Divisions In Iglesia Ni~Cristo?

Arthur Little
23rd July 2015, 23:42
:icon_rolleyes: ... used to wonder what these fancy~looking buildings dotted around the outskirts of provincial Phils towns and cities represented - until I learned they belonged to a strange religious cult, members of which were expected to contribute a tenth (known as 'tithes') from their income towards the upkeep of their church - and I remember me thinking, "Phew ... sod that!"

Take a gander at this latest link ... :anerikke: ... (if you're interested) and make of it what you will:

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/07/24/1480362/trouble-iglesia-inc-expels-leaders-mom-brother-amid-threat-claims

One thing's for sure ... this weird sect ain't short of a "bob or two". No Siree! :NoNo:

bigmarco
27th July 2015, 09:44
Interesting stuff Arthur. It does disgust me that they flaunt their wealth in a country where there's so much poverty.
Sadly the Tithe is not restricted to The Philippines , many American preachers preach about the need to Tithe which enables them to live in palaces with Private Jets to swan them off around the world. Plenty of stuff on you tube about the disgusting Crefo Dollar and his like who live like kings. Makes me :vomit-smiley-011:

Dedworth
27th July 2015, 09:58
It's also not so far from home.........Check out Chancel Liability for how some English & Welsh propery owners can be liable for repairs to their parish church

grahamw48
27th July 2015, 17:56
Damned parasites. :NoNo:

jonnijon
27th July 2015, 22:55
Get rid of religion here and this country would be richer than Singapore.

grahamw48
28th July 2015, 11:28
Get rid of religion here and this country would be richer than Singapore.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
2nd September 2015, 16:54
Wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, :nono-1-1: ... in spite of recently~reported divisions.

www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/09/01/1494720/expelled-minister-inc-execs-use-members-shield

:cwm24: ... doubtless it was such a claim that led to his expulsion.