PDA

View Full Version : Flights

stevewool
22nd July 2015, 20:44
Looking at flights on Skyscanner and the flight cost compared to booking direct with the airline could be £100s of pounds,
Traveltrolly you will book with and you can fill in your names and pay by credit card but is that the price you pay or are there hidden charges ,
Anyone booked flights this way you are looking at nearly £200 saving per person then booking with Opodo, Last minute and Expedia

raynaputi
22nd July 2015, 21:43
Last time we went to the Philippines (2013), we booked our flights via Expedia. No hidden cost or anything as far as I know (if there was, I would have seen it from my credit card billing).

With regards to Travel Trolley, that time, we've seen that there weren't really very good reviews about them, so we ditched that website. We usually book direct but in case we see a cheaper option, we make sure it's from a big and well known travel company as well to avoid any headaches.

Here are some reviews about Travel Trolley. https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/traveltrolley.co.uk

stevewool
22nd July 2015, 22:04
Thanks Rayna, some good reviews but I shall wait, still a long time till we fly, there will be a deal sooner than later

grahamw48
22nd July 2015, 22:05
I use Skyscanner as a guide, then deal with the airline direct through their website. I pay the airline direct by credit card, as extra protection of my money.

Generally I've found Emirates or Etihad to be best value, combined with sensible journey time (from Manchester).

Last year I flew twice with Emirates (half the journey on an A380) and once with Etihad.

I'm going with Etihad again, early September. Cheapest flight I've ever bought, but using a 'promo' code.

raynaputi
22nd July 2015, 22:09
I use Skyscanner as a guide, then deal with the airline direct through their website. I pay the airline direct by credit card, as extra protection of my money.

Generally I've found Emirates or Etihad to be best value, combined with sensible journey time (from Manchester).

We also use Skyscanner as a guide only. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

London_Manila
23rd July 2015, 01:52
Travel Trolley are part of Southall Travel and I have used them before with no problems :smile:

Only extra charge is paying by credit card and many travel agents impose an extra charge for using a credit card
Just use a debit card and that will be the Skyscanner price no extra

gm47
23rd July 2015, 08:28
I'm flying to Manila tomorrow, I booked direct with PAL, cost me £712 from Heathrow.

grahamw48
23rd July 2015, 10:25
Have a good trip. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

London_Manila
24th July 2015, 02:16
I'm flying to Manila tomorrow, I booked direct with PAL, cost me £712 from Heathrow.

This time of the year flights are mega expensive
Flights with PAL in November are £485 :smile:

gm47
24th July 2015, 07:58
This time of the year flights are mega expensive
Flights with PAL in November are £485 :smile:

I only ever go in July/August, to me £712 is a great price for this time of year.

Arthur Little
24th July 2015, 13:36
I only ever go in July/August, to me £712 is a great price for this time of year.

'Tisn't too bad for the MAIN holiday season, :iagree: ... and also, considering I paid £730 for each of my two flights - with Singapore Airlines - almost 7 years ago. :icon_rolleyes:

Bon Voyage! :airline:

grahamw48
24th July 2015, 15:05
....and I had to pay £700 for my KLM flight on July 15th 25 years ago. :olddude: