PDA

View Full Version : 12 signs you grew up Pinoy

raynaputi
15th July 2015, 15:25
These are only a few of the ones I experienced..hahaha..:icon_lol:

http://assets.rappler.com/612F469A6EA84F6BAE882D2B94A4B421/img/D0611379E6434706831261E7574F4163/growing-up-filipino-carousel_D0611379E6434706831261E7574F4163.jpg

http://www.rappler.com/technology/social-media/99446-tweets-growing-up-filipino-moments

grahamw48
15th July 2015, 18:08
Speaking Tagalog...and having very small feet. :smile:

Michael Parnham
15th July 2015, 21:14
Leaving everything to the last minute, wanting to sleep when you've only just got up in the morning, contacting friends and relatives after 6pm at night. :NoNo:

London_Manila
15th July 2015, 23:19
Not being very good with money :xxparty-smiley-004:

Tawi2
16th July 2015, 07:56
Not being very good with money :xxparty-smiley-004:
On the contrary,some pinoys are VERY good with cash (other peoples),i know a pinoy accountant who has amassed a substantial property portfolio in mindanao :smile: unfortunately he has recently been arrested in the british virgin islands,is in custody,and will be sentenced next week for his money handling skills :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
16th July 2015, 08:08
It's all about 'showing off' - to be fat means you are rich and to throw a party or have gadgets means you have money because what you are saying is "I can afford it" even though they are borrowing money all the time and getting into more debt! :Erm:

Terpe
16th July 2015, 08:35
It's all about 'showing off' - to be fat means you are rich and to throw a party or have gadgets means you have money because what you are saying is "I can afford it" even though they are borrowing money all the time and getting into more debt! :Erm:

I wonder what dizzy number credit card debt has reached in the UK
Why do people do that ? Try to survive from credit card payment day to credit card payment day I mean.

No offence intended. When I was earning I also had a number of credit cards. I can't remember a time when I didn't clear my balance every month. There probably was a few times for one reason or another but I don't remember that.

Terpe
16th July 2015, 08:44
It's all about 'showing off' - to be fat means you are rich and to throw a party or have gadgets means you have money because what you are saying is "I can afford it" even though they are borrowing money all the time and getting into more debt!:Erm:

I wonder how many people here actually have conventional lines of credit available such as credit cards and bank loans.
I know civil servants and ex-govt pensioners cab get loans against future salary and pension payments.

There also seems to a pawnbroker located at every corner.

Everyone seems to have their own regular loan shark too.

Those folks who need it most find it the hardest.

Seems to me that those in receipt of OFW remittances are the biggest spenders on gadgets and unnecessary consumerism.
Just my personal observations

Dedworth
16th July 2015, 09:19
It's all about 'showing off' to be fat means you are rich and to throw a party or have gadgets means you have money because what you are saying is "I can afford it" even though they are borrowing money all the time and getting into more debt!:Erm:

Very true

Michael Parnham
16th July 2015, 12:59
I wonder what dizzy number credit card debt has reached in the UK
Why do people do that ? Try to survive from credit card payment day to credit card payment day I mean.

No offence intended. When I was earning I also had a number of credit cards. I can't remember a time when I didn't clear my balance every month. There probably was a few times for one reason or another but I don't remember that.

I have a credit card but very rarely use it also the balance is paid off the following month! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th July 2015, 13:33
I have a credit card but very rarely use it also the balance is paid off the following month!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Use it to your advantage not theirs. I admit that having a credit card can be a good thing just as long as it serves you and not the other way around

Michael Parnham
17th July 2015, 06:07
Filipinos never work to save up for annual holidays! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
17th July 2015, 09:07
Filipinos never work to save up for annual holidays! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I and a lot of my friends did..so don't generalise.

SimonH
17th July 2015, 09:24
Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Use it to your advantage not theirs. I admit that having a credit card can be a good thing just as long as it serves you and not the other way around

I have a credit card that earns me air miles for Emirates. So far this year I've earned enough miles to get a free partner ticket and then have enough to upgrade us both.
Card gets paid off in full every month, I just reap the rewards :smile:

Michael Parnham
17th July 2015, 13:50
I and a lot of my friends did..so don't generalise.

Oops sorry Rayna, you are the first I've ever come across, you've got more sense than those I've ever asked and I've asked hundreds when I lived in Philippines! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
17th July 2015, 13:56
Oops sorry Rayna, you are the first I've ever come across, you've got more sense than those I've ever asked and I've asked hundreds when I lived in Philippines! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know a lot of friends and previous workmates who have their own properties and successful business as well. There are plenty of sensible Filipinos out there, you just have to look and be open minded.

jake
18th July 2015, 07:46
I know a lot of friends and previous workmates who have their own properties and successful business as well. There are plenty of sensible Filipinos out there, you just have to look and be open minded.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It’s a pity your light hearted post on Filipinos, ended up with certain forum members stereotyping in a negative way. :NoNo:

Tawi2
18th July 2015, 08:03
Most pinoys have staycations,but i have met them holidaying in UK,honkers,and a few other places,earlier this year i met 2 fantastic kids,cebuanas,at poipet the thai-cambodia crossing and shared a taxi with them to siem reap as they were going to see angkor wat,they even took me out for dinner,great kids and great company,times are changing theres a new generation who see the world through social media and want to go look.

raynaputi
18th July 2015, 09:07
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It’s a pity your light hearted post on Filipinos, ended up with certain forum members stereotyping in a negative way. :NoNo:

I know Jake..this is what has become a common thing in the forum sadly...lots of stereotyping. :anerikke: I'm actually tired of responding to plenty of stuff here anymore other than visa stuff. If my husband's not the owner of this forum, I'd be long gone from here. :NoNo:

grahamw48
18th July 2015, 10:24
I will always defend the lovely Filipino people. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th July 2015, 14:18
I will always defend the lovely Filipino people. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Me too, Graham. :biggrin:

Although - as I've mentioned a number of times previously - I wouldn't want to settle there permanently, that is only because three factors (which I'll list again here in order of their respective importance) viz:- my immediate family, my age and my state of health, render it an unviable prospect.

So ... I shall repeat my *response to Jamie's recent poll on the Phils, whereby I stated that, in my honest opinion, native Filipinos rate among the friendliest people I've ever encountered ANYWHERE, and my #23 of the undernoted link refers:

http://www.filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/57527-your-honest-opinion-on-the-Philippines?highlight=Rating+the+Phils+poll+Ako+Si+Jamie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th July 2015, 15:19
Moreover ... I'm extremely fortunate in being married to and, in turn, cared for, by a very loving Filipina, like my wife, Myrna! :smile:

grahamw48
18th July 2015, 18:38
I also feel very fortunate to be in a relationship with such a loving and sweet-natured lady from the Philippines Arthur. A very pleasant and welcoming family too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th July 2015, 13:48
Filipino's never work to save up for annual holidays! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe some dont but i do know lots who do,

stevewool
19th July 2015, 13:52
While on my first visit to the Phils, my favorite word to the kids was SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, or something like that, Ems said it is meant to keep the kids on their toes, better then a clip around there ear like i used to get anyday :xxgrinning--00xx3: