PDA

View Full Version : how to apply for a spousal visa

truelove26
1st February 2006, 11:33
hello evryone...i hope somebody could help me about this problem as i really dont know what to do next....i have a fiancee visa and my boyfriend and i will be getting married soon next month...i would like to know what is the next step to do and how to apply a spousal visa...is it the same process when i applied for a fiancee visa back in phil?please help me as im really worried...my visa will expire on may 10 this year.....please help.......

Admin
1st February 2006, 12:17
First of all, where are you....???

Secondly, don't worry, it is an easy process, and seldom has any problems.

Eljohno
1st February 2006, 20:21
Originally posted by truelove26@Feb 1 2006, 10:33 AM
hello evryone...i hope somebody could help me about this problem as i really dont know what to do next....i have a fiancee visa and my boyfriend and i will be getting married soon next month...i would like to know what is the next step to do and how to apply a spousal visa...is it the same process when i applied for a fiancee visa back in phil?please help me as im really worried...my visa will expire on may 10 this year.....please help.......

Quoted post

Hi Truelove,
my suggestion is spend the time to look through this forum because i am sure most of the answers you are looking are already here, you just have to take the time to spend a few hours looking for all you need.

My wife and i are only a week or so away from actually sending or settlement visa application off to Manila via Cava so if i can be of any help please just contact me.

John :Wave:

ginapeterb
1st February 2006, 21:01
Originally posted by truelove26@Feb 1 2006, 10:33 AM

Quoted post

irst of all, where are you....???

DITTO !!!!!

If you dont tell us where you are now ? we cant advise you.....

truelove26
3rd February 2006, 09:15
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 1 2006, 09:01 PM
DITTO !!!!!

If you dont tell us where you are now ? we cant advise you.....

Quoted post

hi pete im based in northampton...i am seriously worried as i dont know how...what papers will i need and where will i send my documents...will i send it in british manila embassy or uk embassy...i have no idea,really...please help.....
thanks guys....

truelove26

truelove26
3rd February 2006, 09:18
Originally posted by admin@Feb 1 2006, 12:17 PM
First of all, where are you....???

Secondly, don't worry, it is an easy process, and seldom has any problems.

Quoted post

i am based in northampton...i really dont know how the procedure works...first please help me sort out what documents will i need to present(aside from passport and marriage certificate of course)...where will i send the documents....please help....thanks a lot...
truelove 26

truelove26
3rd February 2006, 09:20
Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 1 2006, 08:21 PM
Hi Truelove,
my suggestion is spend the time to look through this forum because i am sure most of the answers you are looking are already here, you just have to take the time to spend a few hours looking for all you need.

My wife and i are only a week or so away from actually sending or settlement visa application off to Manila via Cava so if i can be of any help please just contact me.

John :Wave:

Quoted post

hi john...im based in midlands...i would be very grateful if you would tell me how the procedure works....when and where i will going to apply....thanks....

ginapeterb
3rd February 2006, 09:25
Originally posted by truelove26@Feb 3 2006, 08:15 AM
hi pete im based in northampton...i am seriously worried as i dont know how...what papers will i need and where will i send my documents...will i send it in british manila embassy or uk embassy...i have no idea,really...please help.....
thanks guys....

truelove26

Quoted post

Hello, well. if you are based in Northampton, it would appear you entered the United Kingdom, on a Fiancee visa, this entitles you to remain in the United Kingdom for 6 calendar months, at the end of this period, you should have married the sponsor, if not, you must return to your country of embarkation, you are not during this period entitled to work.

You can apply to the Home Office for further leave to remain, with special circumstances such as illness, or other compassionate reasons.

However, you should get married as soon as is possible, having done this, you have no need to apply for a spouse visa, since you entered the United Kingdom on a visa to marry in this country, a spouse visa is not required.

Once you have married in the United Kingdom, you and your sponsor must re-apply to the Home Office for

Further leave to remain.

A Further leave to remain will attract a new application and a new fee, payable by you or your sponsor, this will entitle you to remain in the United Kingdom for up to 24 calendar months.

This is the official wording that is appropriate to your circumstances.

Use Form FLR(M) to apply for an extension of stay in the United Kingdom as the spouse (husband or wife) or unmarried partner of a person present and settled here.

The Link you will need to browse to is here:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/ho...ation_form.html (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/application_form.html)

You must download the Forms and print them, then provide the evidence in the Form of your local UK Marriage Certificate, and other forms as directed, once having done this, you will need to send them off asap following your marriage to the Home Office designated address in the information.

I hope this helps with your situation.

Best of Luck.

Pete

truelove26
3rd February 2006, 09:32
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 3 2006, 09:25 AM
Hello, well. if you are based in Northampton, it would appear you entered the United Kingdom, on a Fiancee visa, this entitles you to remain in the United Kingdom for 6 calendar months, at the end of this period, you should have married the sponsor, if not, you must return to your country of embarkation, you are not during this period entitled to work.

You can apply to the Home Office for further leave to remain, with special circumstances such as illness, or other compassionate reasons.

However, you should get married as soon as is possible, having done this, you have no need to apply for a spouse visa, since you entered the United Kingdom on a visa to marry in this country, a spouse visa is not required.

Once you have married in the United Kingdom, you and your sponsor must re-apply to the Home Office for

Further leave to remain.

A Further leave to remain will attract a new application and a new fee, payable by you or your sponsor, this will entitle you to remain in the United Kingdom for up to 24 calendar months.

This is the official wording that is appropriate to your circumstances.

Use Form FLR(M) to apply for an extension of stay in the United Kingdom as the spouse (husband or wife) or unmarried partner of a person present and settled here.

The Link you will need to browse to is here:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/ho...ation_form.html (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/application_form.html)

You must download the Forms and print them, then provide the evidence in the Form of your local UK Marriage Certificate, and other forms as directed, once having done this, you will need to send them off asap following your marriage to the Home Office designated address in the information.

I hope this helps with your situation.

Best of Luck.

Pete

Quoted post

hi pete thanks a lot grabe.....galing mo

ginapeterb
3rd February 2006, 09:42
Originally posted by truelove26@Feb 3 2006, 08:32 AM
hi pete thanks a lot grabe.....galing mo

Quoted post

Walang Ano Man Maraming Salamat po ! for those kind words.

Pete

truelove26
3rd February 2006, 09:47
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 3 2006, 09:42 AM
Walang Ano Man Maraming Salamat po ! for those kind words.
Pete

Quoted post

im very impress mate!!!

Admin
3rd February 2006, 10:12
Show off :cwm24:

on a Fiancee visa, this entitles you to remain in the United Kingdom for 6 calendar months, at the end of this period, you should have married the sponsor
You can actually extend this, but you need to write a very detailed letter explaining why, at least 3 months before the visa is up. My wife had a 3 month extension added to hers, as I was very ill around the period of the intended marriage, and could only book again after the visa had expired.

The IND were very helpful & understanding :)

As long as you do everything by the book, their are no problems. Apart fro Adolf who works in the Manilla Embassy :D

truelove26
3rd February 2006, 10:46
Originally posted by admin@Feb 3 2006, 10:12 AM
Show off :cwm24:
You can actually extend this, but you need to write a very detailed letter explaining why, at least 3 months before the visa is up. My wife had a 3 month extension added to hers, as I was very ill around the period of the intended marriage, and could only book again after the visa had expired.

The IND were very helpful & understanding :)

As long as you do everything by the book, their are no problems. Apart fro Adolf who works in the Manilla Embassy :D

Quoted post

hi keith...actually we have a date for a wedding and that would be on march 11..what i really wanted to know is how the process works in applying for FLR....thanks very much keith

Admin
3rd February 2006, 12:31
I Know....Pete explains it very well as usual....but then I'm a simple scouser :Hellooo:

March 11....lucky you...that's my BIRTHDAY :yikes:

ginapeterb
3rd February 2006, 16:58
Originally posted by admin@Feb 3 2006, 11:31 AM
I Know....Pete explains it very well as usual....but then I'm a simple scouser :Hellooo:

Quoted post

You are lucky Keith is a scouse, and not a Geordie, cos lets face it....they dont even speak english....why ay man ?

not walang ano man, Why ay man ? sounds the same, di ba ?

truelove26
6th February 2006, 08:19
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 3 2006, 04:58 PM
You are lucky Keith is a scouse, and not a Geordie, cos lets face it....they dont even speak english....why ay man ?

not walang ano man, Why ay man ? sounds the same, di ba ?

Quoted post

hahhahahahahhahaha :BouncyHappy: sounds the same but different meaning!!!

truelove26
6th February 2006, 08:21
Originally posted by admin@Feb 3 2006, 12:31 PM

Quoted post

oh what a coincendence :yikes:

Pauldo
6th February 2006, 14:38
Originally posted by admin@Feb 3 2006, 12:31 PM

Quoted post

Whaddayaknow, mine is the 12th March. :Hellooo: :Erm:

29 again

:yikes:

Eljohno
6th February 2006, 21:25
Originally posted by Pauldo@Feb 6 2006, 01:38 PM
Whaddayaknow, mine is the 12th March. :Hellooo: :Erm:

29 again

:yikes:

Quoted post

Hi Guys,
you would never guess but mine is on the 16th!!!!! Ok it is the 16th of April but it gives you enough time to save up for a better present this year :BouncyHappy:

John

Admin
6th February 2006, 23:16
I don't have birthdays.....why would anyone want to celebrate getting a year closer to their own death? :bigcry:

truelove26
7th February 2006, 09:04
Originally posted by admin@Feb 6 2006, 11:16 PM
I don't have birthdays.....why would anyone want to celebrate getting a year closer to their own death? :bigcry:

Quoted post

hahahhahaha i suppose its a double celebration :bigcry:

Pauldo
7th February 2006, 16:02
Originally posted by admin@Feb 6 2006, 11:16 PM

Quoted post

I remember them hippy posters you could buy in the seventies:
Today is <span style='color:red'>the first day of the rest of your life</span>

Sounds a little more &#39;positive&#39; than &#39;one year closer to death, di ba :peepwall: :Jump:

spousevisa
3rd May 2006, 04:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Feb 1 2006, 07&#58;21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Truelove,

John style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hi i married to a british guy and we just got married last february 2006. i would like to know how to process my visa application via CAVA. Pls help me what do i need to do first and so on.. hope to receive any reply

Jovelyn

ivor&mel
3rd May 2006, 08:49
Hi i married to a british guy and we just got married last february 2006. i would like to know how to process my visa application via CAVA. Pls help me what do i need to do first and so on.. hope to receive any reply
Jovelyn

Hi Jovelyn and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, the visa process is now handled by UKVacs (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1029287471776) , and secondly, although you have to make the visa application, there is preparation that needs to be done by you and your husband together. Download and print the application form (VAF2) - maybe print several copies - read through the official requirements on links from the Embassy pages, and, more importantly, read through the many relevant postings on this forum! There are lots of people here who have been through the process, either for a spouse visa or fiancee visa.

Pete, one of the Admins on this forum has a site (http://british-filipino.com/index.html) dedicated to many aspects of UK-Filipino relationships and culture, including a lengthy description and help regarding the visa process. The site is unavailable at the moment, but try checking it again after 8th May.

So... do a bit of reading to understand the basics of the process you need to go through, both for the application and for possible interview. And whenever you are ready, you or your husband can ask questions here - any question, no matter how stupid it may seem to you. The process is nothing to be scared about, just make sure you both understand what you are doing at each step. Don't GUESS at what you have to do or how you need to answer any questions on the application form - you are dealing with the British Embassy in Manila, and they have their own unique brand of commonsense :)

Just remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step: you have made your first step now :)

Ivor and Mel

truelove26
3rd May 2006, 09:40
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 3 2006, 08&#58;49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Firstly, the visa process is now handled by UKVacs (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1029287471776) , and secondly, although you have to make the visa application, there is preparation that needs to be done by you and your husband together. Download and print the application form (VAF2) - maybe print several copies - read through the official requirements on links from the Embassy pages, and, more importantly, read through the many relevant postings on this forum&#33; There are lots of people here who have been through the process, either for a spouse visa or fiancee visa.

Pete, one of the Admins on this forum has a site (http://british-filipino.com/index.html) dedicated to many aspects of UK-Filipino relationships and culture, including a lengthy description and help regarding the visa process. The site is unavailable at the moment, but try checking it again after 8th May.

So... do a bit of reading to understand the basics of the process you need to go through, both for the application and for possible interview. And whenever you are ready, you or your husband can ask questions here - any question, no matter how stupid it may seem to you. The process is nothing to be scared about, just make sure you both understand what you are doing at each step. Don&#39;t GUESS at what you have to do or how you need to answer any questions on the application form - you are dealing with the British Embassy in Manila, and they have their own unique brand of commonsense style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Just remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step: you have made your first step now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote] nice one ivor...hi jovelyn,ivor is right,there is so much to do.but nothing is impossible when you know you are doing the right thing and you carefully understand the guidelines.you must call the embassy cava numbers so they could tell you when to pick up your papers.but remember to bring ur passport and also you must know about ur husbands parents coz in my case they ask me about it...well thats all for now i can say and ask u can ask more as evryboday here in the forum are willing to help....goodluck

truelove26

lefthandseat
4th May 2006, 00:39
That is good advice&#33;

It is vital that you ensure that you provide PRECISELY the information asked for - remember the advice you always received before taking school exams: "Read the question carefully, and answer it clearly&#33;"

My fiancee has just received her UK Settlement Visa after having to go to Manila for an interview. Although she was understandably apprehensive about it, the Embassy Officer was perfectly courteous and pleasant.

He did not ask her any &#39;trick&#39; questions (although there is no guarantee that other Officers may not do so), and his sole objective was clearly to establish to his satisfaction that our relationship was indeed genuine.

However, whilst waiting for her interview, she overheard another Officer shouting at a male applicant who clearly did not have an adequate grasp of English for the conduct of the interview. So, if your fiancee&#39;s English is a little weak, do not hesitate to ask for an interpreter (there is a place on the application form for this).

My fiancee was able to answer most of the questions put to her for the simple reason that we had spent many pleasurable hours chatting and discussing so many aspects of our respective lives and circumstances. So, no matter how &#39;love-struck&#39; you may be, it is important that you get to know each other quiet well - and this must surely apply to ANY relationship which will become long-term.

I will be happy to share on other information on the procedure with anyone who feels it may help. My best wishes to all other VAF2 applicants&#33;&#33;

walesrob
4th May 2006, 09:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(av8york &#064; May 4 2006, 12&#58;39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That is good advice&#33;

It is vital that you ensure that you provide PRECISELY the information asked for - remember the advice you always received before taking school exams: "Read the question carefully, and answer it clearly&#33;"

My fiancee has just received her UK Settlement Visa after having to go to Manila for an interview. Although she was understandably apprehensive about it, the Embassy Officer was perfectly courteous and pleasant.

He did not ask her any &#39;trick&#39; questions (although there is no guarantee that other Officers may not do so), and his sole objective was clearly to establish to his satisfaction that our relationship was indeed genuine.

However, whilst waiting for her interview, she overheard another Officer shouting at a male applicant who clearly did not have an adequate grasp of English for the conduct of the interview. So, if your fiancee&#39;s English is a little weak, do not hesitate to ask for an interpreter (there is a place on the application form for this).

My fiancee was able to answer most of the questions put to her for the simple reason that we had spent many pleasurable hours chatting and discussing so many aspects of our respective lives and circumstances. So, no matter how &#39;love-struck&#39; you may be, it is important that you get to know each other quiet well - and this must surely apply to ANY relationship which will become long-term.

I will be happy to share on other information on the procedure with anyone who feels it may help. My best wishes to all other VAF2 applicants&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

Hi av8york, welcome to the forum, and good news about the settlement visa. I remember when Elsa had her visa interview, she was expecting a hard time, but she told me the Embassy staff were indeed friendly and courteous, but she said she heard some other applicants being shouted at and even some applicants in tears.

Gensanbritish
9th May 2006, 05:37
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(need help for spouse visa &#064; May 3 2006, 03&#58;43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Jovelyn
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ivor and Mel thanks for your reply. Its really helpful. But i just want t asked again about this UKVAcs? if ever all my requirments are complete, are they going to pick up it after i phone them ??? and regarding the payment which is to be paid by managers cheque? what will i need to do first ?? what bank to i need to go? hope to have answer in all my question.. thank you so much again and may GOd bless you..

Jovelyn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 3 2006, 07&#58;49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Firstly, the visa process is now handled by UKVacs (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1029287471776) , and secondly, although you have to make the visa application, there is preparation that needs to be done by you and your husband together. Download and print the application form (VAF2) - maybe print several copies - read through the official requirements on links from the Embassy pages, and, more importantly, read through the many relevant postings on this forum&#33; There are lots of people here who have been through the process, either for a spouse visa or fiancee visa.

So... do a bit of reading to understand the basics of the process you need to go through, both for the application and for possible interview. And whenever you are ready, you or your husband can ask questions here - any question, no matter how stupid it may seem to you. The process is nothing to be scared about, just make sure you both understand what you are doing at each step. Don&#39;t GUESS at what you have to do or how you need to answer any questions on the application form - you are dealing with the British Embassy in Manila, and they have their own unique brand of commonsense style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Just remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step: you have made your first step now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Hi truelove26 thanks for your advice to me. Yeah i will keep asking questions here coz u have experienced about this already. And i know that u can really answers all my question. thank you and God bless you always..

Jovelyn (Gensanbritish)

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

ivor&mel
9th May 2006, 09:32
Hi Ivor and Mel thanks for your reply. Its really helpful. But i just want t asked again about this UKVAcs? if ever all my requirments are complete, are they going to pick up it after i phone them ??? and regarding the payment which is to be paid by managers cheque? what will i need to do first ?? what bank to i need to go? hope to have answer in all my question.. thank you so much again and may GOd bless you..
Jovelyn

If the process is still the same as when we did it in January, you phone UKVACS to register your application, and then you arrange a date for the courier (Aboitiz) to collect your documents.

There are 3 fees to be paid, two of which have to be paid in the form of a Manager's Cheque. The big one is the fee for the Embassy, which, after I have just checked, seems to be going up again on 11th May to 26,000 pesos! (fees are listed here (http://www.ukvacs.net/Documents/VISA%20FEE%20May112006.pdf)), and the smaller one is for the UKVACS (TT) Service Fee of 616 pesos. These cheques should be kept in the envelope with your documents (they are nothing to do with the courier), and the document folder will be sealed with tape by the courier. The third fee is for the courier, and is paid in cash; I think it was around 300 pesos when we applied, but the courier will tell you for certain. Mel found Aboitiz very helpful, so feel free to ask them any questions about anything in the process that concerns you.

The bank we used was Equitable PCI. Mel did not have an account there, but it was the bank she used to pick up money I transferred to her using Xoom so she was familiar with it, and some of the staff there were familiar with her. Other banks may be as good - I don't really know. BUT - I would not say it was easy to get the cheques! We initially talked to the manager (or someone higher up than a counter clerk) to make sure they would make us out a cheque. Then we waited for a counter clerk - who told us we couldn't have a cheque as Mel had no account with the bank... It took a bit of arguing and consultation before she finally accepted that it was OK to issue us with the cheque, so be prepared for a bit of hassle if you do not have a bank account. And they do make a small charge for drawing up the cheques, but it's not much, as I remember.

If you want the official line on UKVACS, have a look at their website (http://www.ukvacs.net/)

Ivor and Mel

Gensanbritish
11th May 2006, 09:34
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 9 2006, 08&#58;32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If the process is still the same as when we did it in January, you phone UKVACS to register your application, and then you arrange a date for the courier (Aboitiz) to collect your documents.

There are 3 fees to be paid, two of which have to be paid in the form of a Manager&#39;s Cheque. The big one is the fee for the Embassy, which, after I have just checked, seems to be going up again on 11th May to 26,000 pesos&#33; (fees are listed here (http://www.ukvacs.net/Documents/VISA%20FEE%20May112006.pdf)), and the smaller one is for the UKVACS (TT) Service Fee of 616 pesos. These cheques should be kept in the envelope with your documents (they are nothing to do with the courier), and the document folder will be sealed with tape by the courier. The third fee is for the courier, and is paid in cash; I think it was around 300 pesos when we applied, but the courier will tell you for certain. Mel found Aboitiz very helpful, so feel free to ask them any questions about anything in the process that concerns you.

The bank we used was Equitable PCI. Mel did not have an account there, but it was the bank she used to pick up money I transferred to her using Xoom so she was familiar with it, and some of the staff there were familiar with her. Other banks may be as good - I don&#39;t really know. BUT - I would not say it was easy to get the cheques&#33; We initially talked to the manager (or someone higher up than a counter clerk) to make sure they would make us out a cheque. Then we waited for a counter clerk - who told us we couldn&#39;t have a cheque as Mel had no account with the bank... It took a bit of arguing and consultation before she finally accepted that it was OK to issue us with the cheque, so be prepared for a bit of hassle if you do not have a bank account. And they do make a small charge for drawing up the cheques, but it&#39;s not much, as I remember.

If you want the official line on UKVACS, have a look at their website (http://www.ukvacs.net/)

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ivor and mel,

Thanks for your reply and information that u give. Thats really a big help in my processing of my visa. Once again thank you...

Take care and God bless you...

Jovelyn

Gensanbritish
12th May 2006, 12:18
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 9 2006, 04&#58;37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Jovelyn
[/b][/quote]

Ivor and Mel,

hello again&#33; I just wanted to asked regarding the evidences. How can i make this evidence so that it will be presentable?? i mean the pictures, do i really need to put them in the album? and how about the letters and emails what will i do to them? and the emails im planning to book bind it and put at the front paul and jovelyn emails is that a good idea? Also do i need to enclosed all of that in the sealed envelope together with my application?Hope to hear from u about that. Thanks for always replying to all my questions.

Jovelyn

ivor&mel
12th May 2006, 14:37
Ivor and Mel,

hello again! I just wanted to asked regarding the evidences. How can i make this evidence so that it will be presentable?? i mean the pictures, do i really need to put them in the album? and how about the letters and emails what will i do to them? and the emails im planning to book bind it and put at the front paul and jovelyn emails is that a good idea? Also do i need to enclosed all of that in the sealed envelope together with my application?Hope to hear from u about that. Thanks for always replying to all my questions.
Jovelyn

Hi Jovelyn,

What we had to end up with was everything able to fit into one large plastic wallet that the courier could seal and deliver to UKVACS

Yes, you should try to create a photo album, but it doesn't have to be elaborate! We created our own album, and tried to make it so that it was not bulky... not sure how to describe it! It was the "flattest" album we could find in the shops, and just a bit larger than A4 in size, with thinnish plastic cover, and enough pages (with plastic foldover) to hold 30 pics (I'm guessing - can't remember how many we ended up with!) Beneath each photo, we wrote a one-liner description: date... location... identities of people in the photo...

Letters and cards should be in the original envelopes wherever possible. We placed all those in a thin plastic wallet of their own. We didn't have many e-mails, so we put them in with the letters. We had lots of Yahoo chat logs (edited of course :)) and these we placed into another 2 plastic wallets.

Ivor and Mel

Gensanbritish
14th May 2006, 06:50
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 12 2006, 11&#58;18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ivor and Mel,

hello again&#33; I just wanted to asked regarding the evidences. How can i make this evidence so that it will be presentable?? i mean the pictures, do i really need to put them in the album? and how about the letters and emails what will i do to them? and the emails im planning to book bind it and put at the front paul and jovelyn emails is that a good idea? Also do i need to enclosed all of that in the sealed envelope together with my application?Hope to hear from u about that. Thanks for always replying to all my questions.
Jovelyn
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ivor and mel,

Thank you so much for the information that u gave to me regarding evidences. Im going to start looking for a flat album in the mall and start making all the evidences that i need. By the way, i just want to asked also about my passport. I&#39;ve heard that if u married to a foreigner u need to attend CFO seminar first in order to have this CFO certificate. Thats one of the requirments of getting passport using your husband surname. But how come when i get my passport that was last month of april they didnt require me that certificate and im using the surename of my husband now in my passport. Do u think i will not have any problems during the time i will submit my passport in the embassy together with my application? Im just really confused regarding this also thats why i ask u about it. Hope to hear from you soon about this.. Thanks again for all the replies... Take care and God bless you always i mean for both of you...

Paul and Jovelyn

ivor&mel
14th May 2006, 09:20
Hi Ivor and mel,

Thank you so much for the information that u gave to me regarding evidences. Im going to start looking for a flat album in the mall and start making all the evidences that i need. By the way, i just want to asked also about my passport. I've heard that if u married to a foreigner u need to attend CFO seminar first in order to have this CFO certificate. Thats one of the requirments of getting passport using your husband surname. But how come when i get my passport that was last month of april they didnt require me that certificate and im using the surename of my husband now in my passport. Do u think i will not have any problems during the time i will submit my passport in the embassy together with my application? Im just really confused regarding this also thats why i ask u about it. Hope to hear from you soon about this.. Thanks again for all the replies... Take care and God bless you always i mean for both of you...
Paul and Jovelyn

Hi Paul and Jovelyn,

The CFO certificate is of no concern to the British Embassy: it is needed for a Filipino to be able to leave the Philippines, and, as far as I understand, you can either do the CFO before or after you have been for interview and got the visa, though it makes more sense to me to do the CFO after you have your visa (which is what we did). There have been several postings about the CFO experience and links given to the official CFO sites. Unfortunately, the search engine on the Forum does not allow searches of less than 4 characters, so you can't search for "CFO"! Try searching for "Euphrasia" and that should throw up a few posts.

You have a valid passport - that is all the British Embassy will be bothered about for the interview :)

Ivor and Mel

Gensanbritish
15th May 2006, 08:36
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 14 2006, 05&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Ivor and mel,

Thank you so much for the information that u gave to me regarding evidences. Im going to start looking for a flat album in the mall and start making all the evidences that i need. By the way, i just want to asked also about my passport. I&#39;ve heard that if u married to a foreigner u need to attend CFO seminar first in order to have this CFO certificate. Thats one of the requirments of getting passport using your husband surname. But how come when i get my passport that was last month of april they didnt require me that certificate and im using the surename of my husband now in my passport. Do u think i will not have any problems during the time i will submit my passport in the embassy together with my application? Im just really confused regarding this also thats why i ask u about it. Hope to hear from you soon about this.. Thanks again for all the replies... Take care and God bless you always i mean for both of you...
Paul and Jovelyn
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ivor and mel,

Ohh thank u so much for answering all my questions. Now i dont need to worry about that. This site has a big help to the filipina like me whos still processing there visa. Thank you very very much and God bless you always and also to your relationship..

Paul and Jovelyn

ivor&mel
15th May 2006, 09:18
Hi Ivor and mel,
Ohh thank u so much for answering all my questions. Now i dont need to worry about that. This site has a big help to the filipina like me whos still processing there visa. Thank you very very much and God bless you always and also to your relationship..

Paul and Jovelyn

Thanks for your kind wishes. And good luck to you both. Don't forget to start preparing together for the interview in case they call you :)

Ivor and Mel

Admin
15th May 2006, 15:20
Isn&#39;t that nice, as Pete often points out, we all help a lot of people on here, but few thank us for it. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Pauldo
15th May 2006, 23:03
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 14 2006, 06&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Ivor and mel,

Paul and Jovelyn
[/b][/quote]
My wife did the CFO trip at least twice, once when she got her passport, then again when she got it in my name. And maybe even once again when we decided to leave the country.

First time she just paid the money and got the stamp/sticker/whatever, never even went in, as they were too lazy to do it just for her. That was back in 1996 I think.

Second time they gave her all sorts of guff about how dangerous and violent we British guys can be style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Gensanbritish
17th May 2006, 10:47
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 14 2006, 05&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Ivor and mel,

Paul and Jovelyn
[/b][/quote]

Hi did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...

Paul and Jovelyn

ivor&mel
17th May 2006, 14:59
Hi did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...
Paul and Jovelyn

Er... Mel is my fiancee, not my wife - for a few more weeks:) I'm sure others will be able to advise on what name to use!

Ivor and Mel

Gensanbritish
19th May 2006, 10:42
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; May 15 2006, 02&#58;20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Isn&#39;t that nice, as Pete often points out, we all help a lot of people on here, but few thank us for it. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hi Pauldo did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa in her application?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...

andypaul
19th May 2006, 23:55
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 19 2006, 10&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Pauldo did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa in her application?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...
[/b][/quote]

My Wife changed her surname to mine, she had to go to the CFO to get a letter to show the DFA (i think thats the passport offices name) then got a new passport in her married name. She also has her old cancelled passport in her maiden name as well.

You don&#39;t need to change your Surname, but its the custom and seems to make life easier for Women to do so regarding paperwork.

If you plan to use your married name once in the UK, it might be best to get your Passport changed before getting your Visa. Otherwise im sure both the Phill and brit goverments will charge hefty amounts of money to do this once in the UK and im sure queueing or waiting around will enter the equation as well.

Gensanbritish
20th May 2006, 05:24
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 19 2006, 09&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hi Pauldo thanks for your reply. Actually the surname of my husband is appeared in my passport already. But just wondering they didnt required me to present that cfo certificate when i get my passport that was last month of may. Well i really dont know about that cfo. I just read in the other site regarding visa that u have to attend that seminar after u get your visa. Thats all i know about it. Well do u think i dont need to worry about this? coz im going to submit my application by the end of june and i will use the surname of husband.Hope to hear from you again.. Thanks and God bless you..

Paul and Jovelyn

Gensanbritish
20th May 2006, 11:03
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 19 2006, 09&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hi Andypaul thanks for your reply. Actually the surname of my husband is appeared in my passport already. But just wondering they didnt required me to present that cfo certificate when i get my passport that was last month of may. Well i really dont know about that cfo. I just read in the other site regarding visa that u have to attend that seminar after u get your visa. Thats all i know about it. Well do u think i dont need to worry about this? coz im going to submit my application by the end of june and i will use the surname of husband.Hope to hear from you again.. Thanks and God bless you..

Gensanbritish
4th July 2006, 10:26
I am writing regarding the payment of the visa application fee for settlement visa with my husband, do I have to pay this before the courier collects, and if so how many days before.

Also I would like to know if I could get back any documents I submit as evidence for visa application such as personal letters sent from my husband.

I look forward to hearing your reply,

Yours sincerely

Jovelyn