PDA

View Full Version : Visa Refusal

andyg130uk
1st February 2006, 10:18
My wife has just had visa refusal,of course we will appeal. My Enquiry is what is the ladies name at Embassy you do not wish to deal with, I think I just spoke to her on the phone so understanding (NOT)
I am in Leyte now and was hoping to bring Amet back to UK with me, sadly home alone.

Love the web site read it many times. Good Luck to you all. Will let you know updates.

Many Thanks to all here

Andy Gregory

Leeds

walesrob
1st February 2006, 13:15
Originally posted by andyg130uk@Feb 1 2006, 09:18 AM
My wife has just had visa refusal,of course we will appeal. My Enquiry is what is the ladies name at Embassy you do not wish to deal with, I think I just spoke to her on the phone so understanding (NOT)
I am in Leyte now and was hoping to bring Amet back to UK with me, sadly home alone.

Love the web site read it many times. Good Luck to you all. Will let you know updates.

Many Thanks to all here

Andy Gregory

Leeds

Quoted post

Andy, welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about the visa refusal. Keep the updates coming, and feel free to ask for any information or advice - either myself, Pete, Keith and the other members of the forum will help.

The lady you are referring to at the Embassy sounds like a Ms. Jacq Lewin. I'm sure Pete will confirm this!

mupsuit
1st February 2006, 19:18
Andy

We share in your disappointment - we have all been there waiting for the approval to bring our brides to the UK

Please feel free to seek information/guidance from the forum as we will be very pleased to contribute whatever information we have to help you

Good luck

ginapeterb
1st February 2006, 20:17
Andy,

What a bummer, Its rare we get a wife refusal to grant a visa, well...actually, my wife was !! but thats another story, you don't give us the reason for the refusal, can you tell the forum generally, why your wife was refused entry clearance, that would help us to get in on this, maybe we can help you with your appeal, if you are still in Manila, I hope you see this message before you leave for UK, but if you have left the Embassy, go back now and do this :

Go back to the 15th Floor - Visa Section, if you are hassled at the door by those Filipino ass wipes, just tell them, you are going up to the Consular section, then when you come out of the lift, side step that and go to the visa information desk, speak to my pal - OSCAR, he will look after you, ask him to get the Entry Clearance Manager out to speak to you, he will do it...as I kind of think he is on our side.

Once having done this, you need to ask for Jackie Lewin, don't mince your words with her, she was sick the day they taught charm, she is obnoxious, but she can't handle people up close and personal, ( I will vouch for this), just get in front of her, she will come out to the window, tell her you would like the visa refusal reviewed by her, as is your right to ask for it, tell her you are going back to UK, and want this done within 24 hours, then stay in the area if you can and wait.

I would be interested in the reasons for the refusal, there are very few reasons they can use to refuse a visa.

If she still upholds the Entry Clearance Officers decision, come back to me asap, I will tell you what to do next, whatever you do -

[SIZE=7]
Do not attempt to lodge an appeal at the Embassy, waste of your time, if you do this, the paperwork will take 4-6 months to arrive back in UK, and you will not be able to deal with the appeal on behalf of your wife, she will have to deal direct with the Asylum and Immigration appeals tribunal in UK, be smart, listen to this - lodge the appeal yourself on your arrival in UK, if you need help when you get back to Leeds, get in touch with Rob, Keith or myself here at the forum, we can tell you what to do, you can also check out my website at:

http://www.british-filipino.com/visarefusals.html

This gives an overview of the options open to you, its almost likely that if you lodge the appeal in UK on behalf of your wife, you are allowed to go to the appeal on her behalf, and the decision will be overturned, however, it could take up to 9 months to get a date, but at least you will be given a date, you won't get a date until the paperwork has arrived in UK, if you do it through the Embassy, and quite frankly, they sit on things.

Please do come back and give us the exact wording on your refusal letter, so that we can further advise, you, but I do hope you see this before you leave the country, even if you do this on your way back through Manila, at least you tested all avenues.

Best of Luck, Andy, we feel for you, all of us here at the Forum, I'm sure some of the other guys will want to give you their best also, hope it works out ok, it normally does in the long run.

Pete

Pauldo
1st February 2006, 21:26
Originally posted by andyg130uk@Feb 1 2006, 10:18 AM

Many Thanks to all here

Andy Gregory

Leeds

Quoted post

That must be gutting! I remember the tension for the few weeks up to the day we applied for my wifes visa. She got it, luckily.

I believe they are supposed to furnish you with a written reason soon after rejecting the application. Do you have any ideas what the problem was? Nothing obvious revealed in the interview room?

This forum is the place to be for assistance though, plenty of expertise and experience here. Good luck with the appeal.

andypaul
2nd February 2006, 00:13
Hi Andy

Can't add much more advice than others who have far more experience than me. But would just like to say your not on your own Mate. All on this board will try and help as much as we can.

I will keep up with this theard to see if i can insist in anyway.

If you need to ask questions of the embassy staff. Don't forget one way is to email the Embassy visa section (not sure of correct title) using this email.

ManilaVisaEnquiries.Manila@fco.gov.uk

They responded very quickly to enquires when we needed to email them and then you have a record of what is disscussed between you and the embassy.

Hope it works out ok soon

andyg130uk
2nd February 2006, 06:22
gHi and many thanks for all of your responses. I will be leavng fopr UK 7th/8th Feb
as I am in Leyte I am unable to get to Manila and back in time. I will lodge the appeal in UK but before I do this I will POST HERE the reasons for refusal. I did speak to the manager person( Lewin), I may as well speak to the wall. My wife is Amet is sat beside me at the cafe and when she read the messages here a smile appeared across her beautiful little flipina face.
Many thanks again, we are just waiting for the letter to arrive from Manila

Andy & Amet Gregory