PDA

View Full Version : King Cobra and Red Horse

Terpe
3rd July 2015, 12:09
I was recently so fortunate to spend time with a genuine tribal group during a recent visit to Compostela Valley.
During one afternoon a couple of the men came running to our group shouting about something or other. Turned out to be a sighting of an adult King Cobra.

I'm not sure why I did this, but I just joined up with the ad-hoc hunting party and went off in search of the snake.

Running about the undergrowth and trees dressed only in shorts and flip-flops with a group of folks armed to the teeth seems a bit surreal in hindsight. Not to mention dangerous.

Cutting a long story short we spotted it and cornered it and within the blink of any eye it was dead.
The snake was taken to the local police station and we were handed a P2000 bounty reward.

This took place in a very remote area but within a few minutes of getting back 'home' a couple of cases of Red Horse appeared like magic.

Pretty strong stuff Red Horse :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
3rd July 2015, 14:55
Wow! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
3rd July 2015, 15:00
King cobras are fine on the discovery channel. If I see one on our land and get one of the locals to corner it...Its dead!:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
3rd July 2015, 15:24
King cobras are fine on the discovery channel. If I see one on our land and get one of the locals to corner it...Its dead! :icon_lol:

There aren't many creatures I'm afraid of :nono-1-1: ... but I have to admit to snakes (of ANY description) being one of the exceptions. :yikes:!

fred
3rd July 2015, 15:31
There aren't many creatures I'm afraid of :nono-1-1: ... but I have to admit to snakes (of ANY description) being one of the exceptions. :yikes:!

Me too Art..So I'm afraid they just have to go!
Oh..I`m afraid of sharks too and I have no problem with the Japanese eating Sharks fin soup!
Less is more,if they consume people IMO.