PDA

View Full Version : Manila : 15th cheapest city in the world for beer

Ako Si Jamie
30th June 2015, 22:30
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03357/beer_3357957b.jpg

Read more here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11705908/Revealed-the-cheapest-city-to-buy-beer.html

grahamw48
30th June 2015, 23:18
Thank goodness I've stopped drinking...well almost.

I bought a half of Guinness in a pub the other day when on my way to my son's wedding. First beer I've bought in the UK for several YEARS. Cost £1.99. Nearly gave me a heart attack ! :omg:

Dedworth
1st July 2015, 00:55
The Scousers creep in there cheaper than Bucharest - two places with honesty issues :wink:

fred
1st July 2015, 04:35
Hang on a sec!!!!!
A 320ml bottle cost about 29 Pence at todays exchange rate..
Apparently 330 cl = 330 ml ...So a very rough guess would be 35-40 p..
I certainly do not agree with the average bar price of 1.45 UKP in Manila.
i`d say about 1 UK Pound max... i could be wrong!
We buy Polar frosted SMB Pilsen for 50p here in Bohol...

No idea of the average but I guess quite high due to resort prices etc.
A VERY important topic..
Cheers DED.. Rep on way.

Iani
1st July 2015, 19:47
Always remember drinking beer in Romania at about 9p a pint. It was probably pumped in straight from the toilets for that price, but it was comparable to Carling (In other words a bit rubbish).
Then they were selling Romanian "champagne" at about a pound a bottle. Think alcoholic Tizer :wink:

Arthur Little
2nd July 2015, 00:37
Always remember drinking beer in Romania at about 9p a pint. It was probably pumped in straight from the toilets for that price

Funny you should mention that :icon_rolleyes: ... it's often crossed my mind that :Beer:s in general smelt a bit like a pub's toilet. :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
2nd July 2015, 00:51
Funny you should mention that ... :anerikke: ... it's often crossed my mind that :Beer:s in general smelt a bit like a pub's toilet. :icon_lol:

Hardly surprising, I suppose ... :anerikke: ... considering so much of it's disposed of :piss2: there!

Terpe
2nd July 2015, 15:40
I pay P57 for a 1 litre bottle of San Mig Pils when buying a case of 6 bottles. :wink: