PDA

View Full Version : Article on Tawi-Tawi

Ako Si Jamie
30th June 2015, 22:23
Short, but an interesting read nonetheless.

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2015/06/29/the-hidden-charms-of-tawi-tawi/

Tawi2
7th July 2015, 21:41
Tawi-tawi,bongao,sitangkai,turtle islands,i am glad i got to see them when they were relatively unknown and unspoilt :smile:

Arthur Little
7th July 2015, 22:08
:cwm25: ... nowadays, I believe, 'Tawi-Tawi' constitutes an Autonomous Muslim Region of Mindanao - ARMM for short!

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 20:41
Tawi-tawi,bongao,sitangkai,turtle islands,i am glad i got to see them when they were relatively unknown and unspoilt :smile:

They probably still are. Apart from you, how many foreigners travel to Western Mindanao? :anerikke:

Harry T
12th December 2017, 21:10
They probably still are. Apart from you, how many foreigners travel to Western Mindanao? :anerikke:

To true Jamie, my fiancees family (Bukidnon) always advise against us going much further west than where they live, it doesnt bother me but i always heed there advice.

Tawi2
12th December 2017, 22:44

Western Mindanao? A small number of westerners live in Zambo. Used to be one on here called Kermit, he lived in a compound and liked guns :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 23:17
Western Mindanao? A small number of westerners live in Zambo. Used to be one on here called Kermit, he lived in a compound and liked guns :smile:

Real name Rodrigo.

Yep, westerners do live in Zambo, but would they be bothered with the Turtle Islands? :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 23:21
To true Jamie, my fiancees family (Bukidnon) always advise against us going much further west than where they live, it doesnt bother me but i always heed there advice.

Gen San, Dapitan, Iligan and Ozamiz are meant to be OK.

Cotabato, Pagadian, Zambo and the rest of the Sulu peninsular are somewhat precarious according to a number of sources.

Tawi2
12th December 2017, 23:26
Haven't been over to Zambo in 5 - or maybe 6 - years. Same for Cotabato and Gensan. Most tourist westerners looking for Pinay girlfriends wouldn't bother going past Zambo down to Bongao or anywhere similar, but there are westerners down there. :wink: