PDA

View Full Version : help me to find job in pickering england

Gemma Cannings
1st February 2006, 09:42
hello to all who wanted to have a filipina housekeeper in pickering or anywhere as long as i come home everynight here in pickering north yorkshire . thanks , anyway i am experienced of housekeeping or a nanny so i am capable of this job thank you

ginapeterb
1st February 2006, 09:51
Originally posted by Gemma Cannings@Feb 1 2006, 08:42 AM
hello to all who wanted to have a filipina housekeeper in pickering or anywhere as long as i come home everynight here in pickering north yorkshire . thanks , anyway i am experienced of housekeeping or a nanny so i am capable of this job thank you

Quoted post

Gemma, look in your local newspaper on Thursdays, in the Classifieds section, look outside Post Office notice boards, community boards, look in shopping precincts sometimes they have community notice boards where people leave adverts, elderly people often need house keepers to come in, on a live out basis, keep looking something usually turns up eventually, get the county newspaper for North Yorks, that should help, although jobs maybe further out from where you live, Nanny jobs tend to come up as well.

Pete

Admin
1st February 2006, 12:22
You need to be qualified and vetted by the police to become a nanny in this country now. Something to do wit the fact that the goverment and media in this country has made out that everyone is a child abuser unless proven innocent!!

ginapeterb
1st February 2006, 20:26
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 1 2006, 08:51 AM
Gemma, look in your local newspaper on Thursdays, in the Classifieds section, look outside Post Office notice boards, community boards, look in shopping precincts sometimes they have community notice boards where people leave adverts, elderly people often need house keepers to come in, on a live out basis, keep looking something usually turns up eventually, get the county newspaper for North Yorks, that should help, although jobs maybe further out from where you live, Nanny jobs tend to come up as well.

Pete

Quoted post

Gemma, Keith is correct in this, you will need to go to North Yorkshire Police, and make an application on Form A96, by appointment, however, you have only just arrived in UK, so you will need to wait 3 months before applying to the Police National Computer, for a data check against your name, this will then allow you to work as a Nanny, with adequate training of course, this will generally be a child course, and a first aid course, see your local Job Centre in the town in which you live, they will be able to advise you on how you can complete these.

As Keith says, so many child abusers around these days, everyone has to have Police Checks before working with children, or vulnerable adults.

PETE

Admin
1st February 2006, 22:32
......or vulnerable adults.
Yer, I'm forever being abused on the forums! :huh: