PDA

View Full Version : Using the mobile abroad

stevewool
10th June 2015, 07:56
Yes you may think i am silly and i should know the answer but i am unsure so i am asking you lot

I have 1 gig of data each month to use and i know if its a wifi area it could be free so i dont use my own data, but can i use the data upto the 1 gig abroad without a charge, Confused, i am

Dedworth
10th June 2015, 16:14
Turn off data roaming when you go abroad Steve or they'll shaft you. Just use free wiFi when it's available

stevewool
10th June 2015, 19:46
Thank you Ded

grahamw48
10th June 2015, 21:55
If your phone is 'unlocked', just put a local sim card in it while you're in the Phils too.

marksroomspain
10th June 2015, 22:48
Yes you may think i am silly and i should know the answer but i am unsure so i am asking you lot

I have 1 gig of data each month to use and i know if its a wifi area it could be free so i dont use my own data, but can i use the data upto the 1 gig abroad without a charge, Confused, i am

Steve if its vodafone then you can use the euro passport thing they use which is £3 per day but includes all your data and minutes you would normally use in UK at no extra cost and I know with 3 its completely inclusive no daily cost same as UK for eurozone...enjoy mate...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
11th June 2015, 06:56
Yes Mark, i have read that too, i am with Virgin and they do the same but for more cash, i will just switch it off and enjoy the views :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
11th June 2015, 10:18
My smartphone was originally supplied on Virgin contract (now finished, and I own it).

It is unlocked, so I can use it in the Phils...or anywhere else, with a local sim.

You should be able to find out if yours is also Steve, just by googling, as I did.

Some of Virgin's phones are unlocked and some aren't.

gm47
13th June 2015, 10:23
My smartphone was originally supplied on Virgin contract (now finished, and I own it).

It is unlocked, so I can use it in the Phils...or anywhere else, with a local sim.

You should be able to find out if yours is also Steve, just by googling, as I did.

Some of Virgin's phones are unlocked and some aren't.

quite cheap to get any phone unlocked especially if you do it in the Phils.

I take my iPhone, put it on aeroplane mode then switch on wifi, that way everything is off except the wifi, I also have a phone that I use when Im in d Phils with a philippine sim card in it.

still use my iPhone so I can watch sky sports on wifi.