PDA

View Full Version : *DVLA Website Struggles To Cope With New Rules For Car Hire

Arthur Little
8th June 2015, 16:32
Hmm, :icon_rolleyes: ... if *they're struggling ... :anerikke: ... what do they imagine it's going to be like for the average motorist? :cwm24:

Read more here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32916968

Drivers should note that these rules take effect as from today - but DO NOT apply to Northern Ireland, which - as indicated - operates a separate licensing system.

KeithD
8th June 2015, 17:02
No surprise with that. I pointed out the new rules earlier. Anything computer and government related is poo :cwm3:

Arthur Little
8th June 2015, 23:14
No surprise with that. I pointed out the new rules earlier. Anything computer and government related is poo :cwm3:

Ah, yes ... so you did ... for those who are going abroad with the intention of hiring.

Actually, as regards this thread of mine, it had been the headline that caught my eye. :wink:

Again, though, you're right ... :yeahthat:'s nothing new with government bodies - which appear to thrive on making things complicated.

imagine
8th June 2015, 23:40
if it works already, why fix it, :NoNo: why dont they just leave things the way they are?

a better way would be to have had the info on a chip in the card with all the info needed, hire companies etc could have a card reader

Arthur Little
8th June 2015, 23:45
if it works already, why fix it, :NoNo: why dont they just leave things the way they are?

a better way would be to have had the info on a chip in the card with all the info needed, hire companies etc could have a card reader

Oh :iagree:, Stewart ... but that would be too straightforward for everyone concerned. :doh ... CHANGE for the sake of change! :biggrin: