PDA

View Full Version : UK Police Officer Sacked Over 'Offensive & Racist' Facebook Comments

Arthur Little
8th June 2015, 01:30
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/07/uk-police-officer-sacked-offensive-racist-facebook-comments

Seemingly the officer - from Greater Manchester Police Force - admits gross misconduct at a disciplinary panel hearing for remarks made on Facebook about British Muslims. ... :ReadIt:

jonnijon
8th June 2015, 01:45
So glad I dont live there anymore, no one is allowed to speak the truth.

les_taxi
8th June 2015, 02:37
He has spoken the truth as far as I'm concerned :cwm23:

imagine
8th June 2015, 03:23
but we are not allowed to speak the truth, :doh:NoNo::censored:

tiger31
8th June 2015, 04:28
He has spoken the truth as far as I'm concerned :cwm23:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th June 2015, 06:40
but we are not allowed to speak the truth, :doh:NoNo::censored:

Well, we are but you get fired! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
8th June 2015, 08:12
As some will understand, I am biased and I also know the strict rules of conduct under which police officers serve.

In my opinion, he, having acknowledged that his comments were in breach of the Discipline Code which governs police officer's behaviour (that goes far beyond criminal acts) he was quite correctly sacked. If he had been eligible to any pension, on dismissal, that would have been lost.

NB Serving and retired police officers do not have the freedom to act as other citizens do. That extends beyond what some might call common sense. Not going into details, but had I not been a police officer, employed under statue, I would have been able to claim compensation from my employer under the Employment Acts, which my employer breached.

Police officers can be disciplined for being unfit for duty, though drink when they are off duty.