PDA

View Full Version : How many days allowed out of UK per year on a spouse visa?

Nick-and-Ella
1st June 2015, 17:04
Hi, hoping that I can get some good advice on this. My wife Ella is in UK on a spouse visa, I am currently working here onboard a cruise ship, which is in the Mediterranean, so we are planning for her to come here for a couple of cruises. My concern is that she has already spent 25 days out of UK this year, plus we are visiting PH for a period of 41 days at the end of August. This plus a period of 20 days onboard my ship means this year alone she will be out of UK for a total of 86 days.
Am I right in thinking that the maximum period allowed out of UK without affecting her spouse visa status is 90 days?

The spouse visa expires in 2016 when we have to apply for the next step; hoping to get the Life in the UK test completed soon.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

grahamw48
1st June 2015, 17:30
Yes...90 days is my understanding...but always check with UKVI if in doubt...as she'll be pretty close to the limit there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick-and-Ella
1st June 2015, 19:32
Yes...90 days is my understanding...but always check with UKVI if in doubt...as she'll be pretty close to the limit there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not wrong, bit too close for my liking. Looking forward to our long break back in Siquijor though. Feet up, San Mig Light, luvvly jubbly!

Ako Si Jamie
1st June 2015, 21:10
Siquijor is the ultimate chill out island. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd June 2015, 11:19
For residence eligibility of British Citizenship (naturalisation) when a spouse of a UK citizen it's not more than 270 days outside the UK in 3 years prior to application and specifically, not more than 90 days outside the UK in 12 months leading up to application.
The UKVI caseworkers do have discretion to allow more when there's a good reason and without reference to a higher officer grade, but IMO better to keep it simple and within the general eligibility requirements whenever you can.

Nick-and-Ella
3rd June 2015, 09:22
Thanks Terpe, she's only coming to the ship for 1 cruise now, (12 days) just to give us a bit of flexibility. I don't want any flight delays or other problems that may arise putting us over the limit.

Nick-and-Ella
3rd June 2015, 09:23
Siquijor is the ultimate chill out island. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It certainly is. Some days I have Cagasuan Beach to myself! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
13th June 2015, 20:02
For residence eligibility of British Citizenship (naturalisation) when a spouse of a UK citizen it's not more than 270 days outside the UK in 3 years prior to application and specifically, not more than 90 days outside the UK in 12 months leading up to application.
The UKVI caseworkers do have discretion to allow more when there's a good reason and without reference to a higher officer grade, but IMO better to keep it simple and within the general eligibility requirements whenever you can.

Hi Sir Peter, can you provide a link? I just want to share it to a friend in need. Thank you!

Terpe
13th June 2015, 23:30
Hi Sir Peter, can you provide a link? I just want to share it to a friend in need. Thank you!

Hi Novie,
Here's the official Home Office link:-

Booklet AN - Naturalisation Booklet - The Requirements (June 2015) (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/432525/AN_Booklet_Jun_2015.pdf )

melovesengland
14th June 2015, 14:37
Hi Novie,
Here's the official Home Office link:-

Booklet AN - Naturalisation Booklet - The Requirements (June 2015) (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/432525/AN_Booklet_Jun_2015.pdf )

Thank you Sir! :xxgrinning--00xx3: