PDA

View Full Version : Visa for a filipino to visit Finland

Slip
14th May 2015, 20:30
The story is, Harlene's Mum is currently in Finland visiting her other Daughter who works for a family member out there. She is there for three months (until August) At this moment in time we are waiting for a passport for the baby, I have had a text to say it will be six weeks, which is end of June (fingers crossed)
I have 12 days leave from work mid July, so we plan to go to Finland so Harlene's Mum can meet her Granddaughter for the first time and I can meet Harlene's Sister for the first time.

Obviously myself and baby have no problem with visas holding UK passports (as soon as it comes) But I have no idea how to go about getting one for Harlene or if we can seeing she already has a spouse visa for the UK.

I don't expect anyone on here would have experience on Finnish visas, so it's a long shot! but I thought I'd ask anyway....

Also, if we do manage to go, silly question, but Harlene would just need to show her passport with the spouse visa to get back into UK right, I mean you are allowed to leave and come back aren't you?

Arthur Little
15th May 2015, 00:05
Firstly ... Harlene will need a Schengen Visa as Finland is an EU country.

Embassy of Finland,
38 Chesham Place
LONDON SW1X 8HW

:telephone: 020~7838~6200

Office Hours: Monday thru' Friday, 9am to 12.30pm then 1.30 to 4pm

Customer Service for visas to Finland

Available on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10am to 12-noon

N.B. (Appointments required at ALL times)

Telephone Enquiries: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3 to 4pm. Number as above.

Secondly ... Email facilities may be a little more up to date than the information I've already given you :wink: - and are available at:

www.finemb.org.uk

(Finnish Language version appears initially, so click (where indicated) at the top of the page for the *English translation; then when *it flags up click [again] on 'Schengen Visa' in the coloured panel on the right to find the full List of Services provided by the Embassy. Voila ... you should be 'home & dry!) :smile:

Here's hoping the foregoing information - along with its accompanying link - helps. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers! :Beer:

Slip
11th June 2015, 11:09
Thanks for the info Arthur.

As mentioned in another thread, Harlene went to the Finnish Embassy last week to hand in an application and her passport for a Schengen Visa to allow her entry to Finland.

We just received her passport back this morning with the approved visa in it :Jump:

So looks like we are off to Finland in July for 10 days to visit Harlene's Sister whom she hasn't seen for 5 years. Also her Mum is currently there until August.

Arthur Little
11th June 2015, 12:32

As mentioned in another thread, Harlene went to the Finnish Embassy last week to hand in an application and her passport for a Schengen Visa to allow her entry to Finland.

We just received her passport back this morning with the approved visa in it :Jump:

So looks like we are off to Finland in July for 10 days to visit Harlene's Sister whom she hasn't seen for 5 years. Also her Mum is currently there until August.

Thank you for your update. :iagree: ... a truly :BouncyHappy: time ahead for ALL of you, not least Harlene's mum and sister meeting the [relatively] new - and, if I may say so, beautiful - addition to the family.

Enjoy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th June 2015, 15:15

That's perfect timing for a very happy and emotional trip all round.
:xxgrinning--00xx3: