PDA

View Full Version : Tories want to repeal the Hunting Act

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 14:04
Please sign and share to prevent this! :ReadIt:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Environment_Secretary_Elizabeth_Truss_For_Foxes_Sake_Dont_Let_The_Tradition_Of_The_Boxing_Day_Hunt_Return/

imagine
11th May 2015, 14:26
done :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
11th May 2015, 14:39
I wonder if there's a similar petition in the Philippines to ban cock fighting :Erm:

imagine
11th May 2015, 14:45
one rule for the wealthy another rule for the poor

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 14:54
I wonder if there's a similar petition in the Philippines to ban cock fighting :Erm:

The petition is not about the Philippines...:doh Although I know a lot of animal charities in the Philippines who do their best to protect and fight for the animals rights (I used to donate to them when I could still afford it). Considering the UK is a 1st world country and as lots of you here say, is not barbaric like the rest of the 3rd world, your elected government is willing to do this just to please their rich friends and benefactors. :NoNo:

There has been a hunting meeting (or whatever you call that) a few months ago here where we live and I can't stop Keith using expletives as we passed them by! :censored:

Arthur Little
11th May 2015, 15:14

Hmm ... :anerikke: ... dunno, Simon. But there sure as hell, ought to be!

Arthur Little
11th May 2015, 15:22
Please sign and share to prevent this! :ReadIt:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Environment_Secretary_Elizabeth_Truss_For_Foxes_Sake_Dont_Let_The_Tradition_Of_The_Boxing_Day_Hunt_Return/

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... count me in! :cwm23:

SimonH
11th May 2015, 15:27
The petition is not about the Philippines...:doh Although I know a lot of animal charities in the Philippines who do their best to protect and fight for the animals rights (I used to donate to them when I could still afford it). Considering the UK is a 1st world country and as lots of you here say, is not barbaric like the rest of the 3rd world, your elected government is willing to do this just to please their rich friends and benefactors. :NoNo:

There has been a hunting meeting (or whatever you call that) a few months ago here where we live and I can't stop Keith using expletives as we passed them by! :censored:

I was asking a question, not picking a fight :doh

If I had asked if there was a similar petition about bull fighting in Spain or Mexico, I wonder if you would have reacted so strongly :doh:doh

les_taxi
11th May 2015, 15:31
one rule for the wealthy another rule for the poor

Not quite sure what you mean.

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 15:33
I was asking a question, not picking a fight :doh

If I had asked if there was a similar petition about bull fighting in Spain or Mexico, I wonder if you would have reacted so strongly :doh:doh

Yes, I've signed a petition in the past. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 15:37
Oh and I'm not picking a fight with you Simon. Not worth my time and I'm not even bothered with you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
11th May 2015, 15:42
Oh and I'm not picking a fight with you Simon. Not worth my time and I'm not even bothered with you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hey, we agree on something :biggrin:

KeithD
11th May 2015, 15:45

A lot of areas in Spain have now banned bull fighting due to public pressure.

There is a lot of cock fighting in this country, as they are all dicks in the Houses of Parliament :cwm25:

imagine
11th May 2015, 15:51
Not quite sure what you mean.

well its the wealthy mans sport fox hunting

fred
11th May 2015, 16:31
Used to go hare coursing as a kid..Never saw a hare caught..Ever!
After the ban ,really missed the hunt trotting through the lane via our little Lincolnshire hamlet..
All the huntsmen tipped their hats at us when passing the cottage..Real decent English gentlemen in my book.
Damned fox once ripped open 12 of my Mums layer hens in a single night..Didn't eat one of them..Just ripped em up for fun and left them..Blood and feathers everywhere..Talk about barbaric.
Leave countryside management to country people and restore that part of our heritage I say!!
People that live in city`s should not have a say IMO.

Tawi2
11th May 2015, 18:39
TOUCHE :xxgrinning--00xx3: Fox hunting the fox either gets away or the hounds break it up pretty quick,sabong isnt quite so black and white,the dice is loaded thanks to the tari :wink: both are social events,neither offend me.

Tawi2
11th May 2015, 19:13
But the odd's are the hunting ban will stay in place,far too many dont want hunting with hounds brought back,i never minded it,and liked listening to the pack work a line,the bear-baiting i saw in pakistan was 1000X worse.

will1927
11th May 2015, 19:33
sometimes I think it's good to bring it back, when I read something like this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276529/Fox-attacks-baby-First-picture-week-old-Denny-Dolan-finger-ripped-Bromley-home.html

Tawi2
11th May 2015, 19:43
Urban fox will,a hunt would never have bothered him,cage trap and despatch,or rimmie and NV is the best treatment,discrete.

will1927
11th May 2015, 19:52
Urban fox will,a hunt would never have bothered him,cage trap and despatch,or rimmie and NV is the best treatment,discrete.

try telling that to the child's parents.

KeithD
11th May 2015, 20:10
Thousands of kids every year are attacked and disfigured by dogs, which also kill the odd on. No fox has ever killed a child, nor are attacks prevalent. We should first be calling on having all dogs put down instead of the local wildlife. :smile:

will1927
11th May 2015, 20:30
Thousands of kids every year are attacked and disfigured by dogs, which also kill the odd on. No fox has ever killed a child, nor are attacks prevalent. We should first be calling on having all dogs put down instead of the local wildlife. :smile:

keith, its tragic that any child has to lose there life, being attacked by a wild animal or a dog, but you properly find that most of the dogs that attack children are banned breeds like Pit Bull Terrier that are not aloud in the uk or abused dogs. its the owns that that's responsible, not the dog.

will

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 21:02
sometimes I think it's good to bring it back, when I read something like this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276529/Fox-attacks-baby-First-picture-week-old-Denny-Dolan-finger-ripped-Bromley-home.html

From that article: "Miss Murphy said the family believed the fox had come in through the back door of their Housing Association property, which had a faulty lock that staff had allegedly refused to repair."

Why can't they put a temporary lock? It's so easy to do. :doh Or did they leave it open??? And where was the mother?

From that article again: "It's a problem that we humans have created, it's not the fox's doing....The thing is, more and more now, people are feeding them and encouraging them to come close."

There are people here who say Halal food/meal are barbaric and inhumane, and then some here agree with fox hunting, which is also inhumane. :crazy: What's the difference?

KeithD
11th May 2015, 21:06
keith, its tragic that any child has to lose there life, being attacked by a wild animal or a dog, but you properly find that most of the dogs that attack children are banned breeds like Pit Bull Terrier that are not aloud in the uk or abused dogs. its the owns that that's responsible, not the dog.

will

Here are the top 10 breeds by number of reported attacks:

Dachshunds
Chihuahua
Jack Russell
Australian Cattle Dog
Cocker Spaniel
Beagle
Border Collie
Pit Bull Terrier
Great Dane
English Springer Spaniel

The NHS reports around 100 'severe' dog attacks every week.

SimonH
11th May 2015, 21:09
Here are the top 10 breeds by number of reported attacks:

Dachshunds
Chihuahua
Jack Russell
Australian Cattle Dog
Cocker Spaniel
Beagle
Border Collie
Pit Bull Terrier
Great Dane
English Springer Spaniel

The NHS reports around 100 'severe' dog attacks every week.

In what country :Erm:

Link please :cwm25:

KeithD
11th May 2015, 21:14
In what country :Erm:

Link please :cwm25:

UK.

Find it yourself if you don't trust me.

I know from experience it is the small dogs that attack more. They are more aggressive due to their size. Ask any vet, they'll agree. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is a good piece http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-qa-facts-dog-attacks/17727 Less than 4% of deaths are by banned dogs.

SimonH
11th May 2015, 21:21
UK.

Find it yourself if you don't trust me.

I know from experience it is the small dogs that attack more. They are more aggressive due to their size. Ask any vet, they'll agree. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is a good piece http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-qa-facts-dog-attacks/17727 Less than 4% of deaths are by banned dogs.

Small dogs attack more, I don't disagree. Number 9 on your list was a Great Dane :laugher:

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 21:28
My aunt has a dachshund and we (anyone other than my aunt's family and helpers) can't get near her. She's one furious dog and we don't dare try to pet or even feed her at all. :NoNo: But my dog (poodle/mongrel mix) liked everyone when he was still alive. He bit a kid (neighbour) once but that was because the kid was running and accidentally stepped on him while he was lying down sleeping in front of our door, hence he snapped. I think it was only Keith that made him get mad a lot wheneve he sees him. :icon_lol:

will1927
11th May 2015, 21:35
my point is you would not leave both children who are under 2years old with a dog or a family member who has a dog, what ever breed it is, the owner is the one responsible if it bites someone or attacks some one not the dog.

this is what is says on your link..

An 11-month girl is the latest child to be mauled to death by a dog.

Ava-Jayne Corless was in bed at a house in Blackburn, Lancashire, on Monday when she was attacked by what police described as an American pitbull-type dog.

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 21:45
Fox Attacks compared to other attacks (i.e. dogs, cats, etc.)..

http://www.uk-wildlife.co.uk/fox-attack-stories-and-the-numbers/

grahamw48
11th May 2015, 22:09
I wish they'd hunt some of the morons who breed and keep Pit Bull Terriers.:mad:

Ako Si Jamie
11th May 2015, 22:16
I reckon hunting Tories should be introduced. :waver:

First up, George Osborne. :NEW4:

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 22:21

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

will1927
11th May 2015, 22:25

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Arthur Little
11th May 2015, 22:28
I know from experience it is the small dogs that attack more. They are more aggressive due to their size. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: ... (or lack thereof) :biggrin: ... just like some - not all - folk of diminutive stature I've had the misfortune to have come across :icon_rolleyes: during my three-score-years-and ten.

Ako Si Jamie
11th May 2015, 22:47
It's not just size but reputation too. The Staffordshire Terrier has a bad reputation, but this is because of the idiotic owners who don't treat them properly. According to the Kennel Club, Staffies are the best breed to be around children, hence the nickname the 'nanny dog'.

grahamw48
11th May 2015, 23:01
Staffies (proper ones) are a very different temperament from American Pitbulls. ...also about half the size.

jonnijon
11th May 2015, 23:58
After the ban ,really missed the hunt trotting through the lane via our little Lincolnshire hamlet..
All the huntsmen tipped their hats at us when passing the cottage..Real decent English gentlemen in my book.
Damned fox once ripped open 12 of my Mums layer hens in a single night..Didn't eat one of them..Just ripped em up for fun and left them..Blood and feathers everywhere..Talk about barbaric.
Leave countryside management to country people and restore that part of our heritage I say!!

Well said, Fred :smile::smile::smile: try and ban cock fighting in the Philippines you will get a 45 in the back of the head. This is the real world here. There are more foxes in the cities now because people leave their rubbish out in black bags.

fred
12th May 2015, 00:18
Well said, Fred :smile::smile::smile: try and ban cock fighting in the Philippines you will get a 45 in the back of the head.

England used to have cock fighting back in the day.. A local handler here once asked me to do some research to see if the old breeds still exists and bring them to the P.I!!
He reckoned they might do well in a Texas derby.:icon_lol:
Seriously though,now that I live in this country,I have to accept their laws and traditions which I have always done... like you say,interfere over here with a national pastime and watch your life expectancy decrease drastically.
Cock fighting is so accepted as norm here that they even have it regularly on the T.V..
If a foreigner started a petition over here there is a good chance he/she would be blacklisted from the country!!
Quite right too.

imagine
12th May 2015, 03:06

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
12th May 2015, 12:58
Petition signed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
12th May 2015, 17:22
I'm totally against fox hunting, I may be a city dweller but it's a cruel event. Not needed in this day and age. Years ago I did see a bullfight - wish I hadn't :doh

Arthur Little
12th May 2015, 18:44
I'm totally against fox hunting, I may be a city dweller but it's a cruel event. Not needed in this day and age. Years ago I did see a bullfight - *wish I hadn't :doh

:iagree: ... *BET you do! I am :furious3: ...'totally agin' these needlessly barbaric, cruel & bloodthirsty so~called "sports" too! :mad:

raynaputi
12th May 2015, 19:18
Here's another petition where more people have signed! :omg: The first site I posted is only targeting 20,000 signatures, but this one has more than 201,000 signatures! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-keep-the-ban-on-fox-hunting-2

Michael Parnham
12th May 2015, 20:36
:iagree: ... *BET you do! I am :furious3: ...'totally agin' these needlessly barbaric, cruel & bloodthirsty so~called "sports" too! :mad:

It's not sport Arthur, it's tortures execution! :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
12th May 2015, 20:38
Another lovely Avatar Rayna! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
12th May 2015, 20:40
Another lovely Avatar Rayna! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you! :biggrin:

I just had my haircut today (that's my new look) paid for by my sister! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
12th May 2015, 20:41
Its not sport Arthur, its tortures execution! :NoNo:

:iagree: yet again, Michael ... hence my insertion of sports in "quotes". :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
13th May 2015, 19:00
Really any government which would waste their time debating this, really would have their priorities wrong.

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 10:42

You are aware the RSPB killed more fox last year than any single hunt pack :smile:

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 11:28
You are aware the RSPB killed more fox last year than any single hunt pack :smile:

Didn't know that :nono-1-1: ... though I'd imagine :icon_rolleyes: such culls are carried out in order to protect birdlife - notably hens, chickens, ducks, geese, etc - NOT for toffs' "entertainment", and therein lies the difference!

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 11:38
The RSPB couldnt give two hoots....owl joke....about hens chickens and ducks arthur,their fox culls were at bird reserves,but playing devils advocate here,why should a wildlife protection charity decide what creature should die so another can live :Erm: as a point of interest the biggest killer of fox in this country is mange closely followed by cars.

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 11:58
Didn't know that :nono-1-1: ... though I'd imagine :icon_rolleyes: such culls are carried out in order to protect birdlife - notably hens, chickens, ducks, geese, etc - NOT for toffs' "entertainment", and therein lies the difference!

:poke: ... moreover, conducted humanely ... without the foxes being [literally] ripped to pieces by a pack of savage, baying hounds.

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 11:58
......toffs' "entertainment".....

Horse racing,it involves a degree of animal cruelty some say,and toffs love it,should it be banned :cwm25:

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 12:06
:poke: ... moreover, conducted humanely ... without the foxes being ripped to pieces by a pack of savage, baying hounds.
Have you ever seen dogs take a fox,arthur,your words indicate to me you havent,average dog fox weighs 7 kilo's,death is VERY quick,the hounds are no more savage than the average family alsation,they bay or give tongue as its known because thats their nature,its an emotive subject because its connection with the upper echelons of society,class war is still alive and kicking :smile:

SimonH
14th May 2015, 12:11
I wonder if all these anti fox hunting, toff hating people have the same attitude towards ferreting :Erm:

fred
14th May 2015, 12:11
The RSPB couldnt give two hoots....owl joke....about hens chickens and ducks arthur,their fox culls were at bird reserves,but playing devils advocate here,why should a wildlife protection charity decide what creature should die so another can live :Erm: as a point of interest the biggest killer of fox in this country is mange closely followed by cars.

Good post.. Townies have no clue how to manage the country side... If their Sunday roast chicken aint wrapped up nicely in cling film headless with their neck skin neatly tucked in at the supermarket (blood free),I doubt they would know how it was processed!!:doh
If they see how their beef and Pork arrived from start to finish till they buy it in neatly packed film I assure you..There will be petitions from here till Timbuktu!!!!:icon_lol:

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 12:16
I wonder if all these anti fox hunting, toff hating people have the same attitude towards ferreting :Erm:
i used to ferret all the time as a kid to put food on the table,my grandad used to take me out on freezing winters mornings,happy times,rabbit and mushroom pie :smile:

fred
14th May 2015, 12:16

I used to have Ferrets and Polecats.. We either used purse nets or lurchers to finish the job.
Get that fresh wild Rabbit in the pot I say!!!!
Cant beat an ole fashioned Rabbit stew.

SimonH
14th May 2015, 12:20
I used to have Ferrets and Polecats.. We either used purse nets or lurchers to finish the job.
Get that fresh wild Rabbit in the pot I say!!!!
Cant beat an ole fashioned Rabbit stew.

That's disgusting, how could you eat poor old Peter Rabbit :wink:

Nothing wrong with a nice cut of veal with a foie gras starter though :biggrin:

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 12:22
I used to watch my grandmother knit hemp nets fred and my grandfather always had lurchers,I think some people understand the countryside and its ways.

fred
14th May 2015, 12:29
I used to watch my grandmother knit hemp nets fred and my grandfather always had lurchers,I think some people understand the countryside and its ways.

Looks as if those days are gone..
Do gooders be damned IMO..
Our culture has been eroded by P.C lentil eating spoil sports!!

Ako Si Jamie
14th May 2015, 13:30
Talking or rabbits I bawled my eyes out when I was younger watching Watership Down. I had to be ushered out of the cinema by my aunty while sobbing into her busom. She wasn't very sympathetic. She said it's not how 34 year olds should behave.

andy222
14th May 2015, 13:32
:laugher:

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 14:45
Have you ever seen dogs take a fox, arthur, your words indicate to me you havent ...

NO, you're right ... I haven't! :NoNo: But I simply cannot, for the life of me, comprehend what so~called "pleasure" - rational - otherwise compassionate - human beings (many of whom who most likely own pets themselves) can possibly derive from the wantonly~senseless slaughter of the creatures dicussed.

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 15:47
NO, you're right ... I haven't! :NoNo: But I simply cannot, for the life of me, comprehend what so~called "pleasure" - rational - otherwise compassionate - human beings (many of whom who most likely own pets themselves) can possibly derive from the wantonly~senseless slaughter of the creatures discussed.

:wink: ... c'mon all you animal lovers - where's your support for my defence of them on the thread you started?

raynaputi
14th May 2015, 16:19
:wink: ... c'mon all you animal lovers - where's your support for my defence of them on the thread you started?

Arthur, you can't change the minds of people who support fox hunting, as they can't change my views against it. It's not worth having a debate with them on it. I've signed and shared the petitions and I'm sure the people who are against fox hunting will support it.

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 16:49
Arthur, you can't change the minds of people who support fox hunting, as they can't change my views against it. It's not worth having a debate with them on it. I've signed and shared the petitions and I'm sure the people who are against fox hunting will support it.

Fair comment, Rayna ... :anerikke: ... I'm just bewildered at the number of people who appear to condone fox hunting and other "blood sports" ... especially among those members who purport to be so anti-Tory!

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 17:18
Horse racing,it involves a degree of animal cruelty some say,and toffs love it,should it be banned? :cwm25:

:olddude: ... can't comment on *horse racing :222:, I'm afraid.

........................................ :yeahthat:'s Keith's domain. And ... :anerikke: ... to the best of my knowledge, *it doesn't come into the 'bloodsports' category, I'll "bet"! :smile:

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 17:42

Besides ... 21/3rd pages on, :cwm25: I'm pretty sure this topic must be close to reaching "the end of its tether" ... as, of course, am I. :wink:

Tawi2
14th May 2015, 17:44

........................................ :yeahthat:'s Keith's domain. And ... :anerikke: ... to the best of my knowledge, *it doesn't come into the 'bloodsports' category, I'll "bet"! :smile:
Not the bloodsports category arthur but i mentioned it as a parry ln the context of animal suffering and toff enjoyment as that was your thrust at fox hunting,every coin has a flip side :smile:

KeithD
14th May 2015, 18:39
Not many toffs involved with horse racing these days, it is all business and syndicates.

When the last fox hunting took place, the farmers around my village would have been quite happy if they'd been given the permission to shoot the hunt when it trampled illegally over their land. Which it often did.

fred
14th May 2015, 21:50
Talking or rabbits I bawled my eyes out when I was younger watching Watership Down. I had to be ushered out of the cinema by my aunty while sobbing into her busom. She wasn't very sympathetic. She said it's not how 34 year olds should behave.

You big bright eyed softy!!

fred
14th May 2015, 22:07
The fox can be a pest.
Rats are animals too.. Is there a petition against that other ancient and honorable pastime rat baiting using ferrets and terriers? Like it or not..Local country residents still employ them..
Why are cruel traps like glue boards not made illegal?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Glue_trap_by_David_Shankbone.jpg/800px-Glue_trap_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
Is it because the rat isn't cute enough with a nice big fluffy tail?:cwm25:

fred
14th May 2015, 22:30
Poor misunderstood and persecuted things!!
Animal racists!!:icon_lol:

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/120604-rat-hmed-1053a.grid-6x2.jpg
http://www.paris-update.com/fr/images/stories/PHOTOS/jun11/sewerratsstuffed.jpg

Arthur Little
14th May 2015, 22:42
When the last fox hunting took place, the farmers around my village would have been quite happy if they'd been given the permission to shoot the hunt when it trampled illegally over their land. Which it often did.

Shoot :NEW4: 'em ... the rhyming word to 'hunt' (in plural).

:yeahthat: seems a reasonable enough proposition, :iagree:! But with, say, an airgun (in lieu of bullets) as it might give them a taste of what it feels like to be on the receiving end for once.

Ako Si Jamie
14th May 2015, 23:04
Shoot :NEW4: 'em ... the rhyming word to 'hunt' (in plural).

:yeahthat: seems a reasonable enough proposition, :iagree:! But with, say, an airgun (in lieu of bullets) as it might give them a taste of what it feels like to be on the receiving end for once.http://rbtwelsh.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/basilbrush.jpg

fred
15th May 2015, 00:21
Cameron wrote (http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Cameron-refuses-dodge-difficult-rural-issues/story-26126199-detail/story.html):

"Millions of pounds of taxpayers' money and thousands of hours of police time continue to be wasted on spurious allegations under the Hunting Act, but this issue will never be resolved until we have legislation based on evidence and principle, rather than prejudice and political point-scoring."
He added: "We hope that Parliament gets the opportunity to consider this flawed legislation as soon as possible after the General Election. There is clear support from politicians of all parties for repeal of the Hunting Act."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/06/cameron-to-offer-vote-on-repeal-of-fox-hunting-ban-if-they-win-general-election_n_6818068.html

Arthur Little
15th May 2015, 02:30
Cameron wrote (http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Cameron-refuses-dodge-difficult-rural-issues/story-26126199-detail/story.html):

"Millions of pounds of taxpayers' money and thousands of hours of police time continue to be wasted on spurious allegations under the Hunting Act, but this issue will never be resolved until we have legislation based on evidence and principle, rather than prejudice and political point-scoring."
He added: "We hope that Parliament gets the opportunity to consider this flawed legislation as soon as possible after the General Election. There is clear support from politicians of all parties for repeal of the Hunting Act."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/06/cameron-to-offer-vote-on-repeal-of-fox-hunting-ban-if-they-win-general-election_n_6818068.html

Hmm ... as we ALL know - full well - Cameron's the archetypal Tory toff ... :anerikke: ... if ever there was. :doh!

KeithD
15th May 2015, 08:45
Cats are a bigger pest. They crap in everyone's garden, and cat poo is very dangerous to kids. On top of that, the number of pet rabbits, chickens, birds, and guinea pigs that get killed by them each year is high.

I wonder if horsemen with dogs went through the city chasing down cats, and then ripping them to shreds, it would be the same argument?

imagine
15th May 2015, 09:12
now if they had, hunt the criminal or hunt the terrorist, the rapist, the pedo, that would be ok :biggrin:

fred
15th May 2015, 10:00
I wonder if horsemen with dogs went through the city chasing down cats, and then ripping them to shreds, it would be the same argument?

I think its a good idea.. No argument from me!

grahamw48
15th May 2015, 11:20
I can never understand why cats aren't banned/hunted in Australia, considering the amount of defenseless native species they devour every day...let alone the devastation the introduced Foxes must wreak. :anerikke:

fred
15th May 2015, 14:46
I agree Graham.. The fox was introduced into Aussie for the English hunt..
Pretty sure that Rabbits were introduced in the same way..The two alien species completely destroyed many local habitat..Thats well documented... A big mistake.
Cats??
I dont like cats much!!

fred
15th May 2015, 15:35
http://i60.tinypic.com/e88sah.jpg

KeithD
15th May 2015, 16:11
http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9413&stc=1

:biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
15th May 2015, 19:48
Most creatures have a purpose on this planet whether it's cats, rats or foxes.

Toffs however :Erm:

les_taxi
16th May 2015, 10:00
To be fair I accept the view from country dwellers-whenever I'm taking a farmer home (not to my house so no wisecracks:icon_lol:) if there is anything on the road they say run it over mate:yikes:
I can't do that of course but I accept it's their way and town dwellers like me see it differently,i don't kill animals for fun.
I will also agree whenever I'm eating any meat I don't focus on how it was killed as it would put me off.
So i will accept both views on this subject and by the way many of the farmers are not toffs at all.

les_taxi
16th May 2015, 10:02
Cats are a bigger pest. They crap in everyone's garden, and cat poo is very dangerous to kids.
Never heard of anyone being killed by a pussycat:icon_lol:

Iani
16th May 2015, 10:46
Most creatures have a purpose on this planet whether it's cats, rats or foxes.

Chavs however :Erm:

Corrected it for you :wink:

SimonH
17th May 2015, 16:17
Here's a proper toff's sport for you :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtydD4KjwE

Dedworth
17th May 2015, 16:46
A bunch of wurzels :biggrin:

Dabawenyo
3rd July 2015, 05:41
I completely agree. This whole debate has nothing to do with cruelty to animals but reeks of the politics of envy. If animal welfare were the driving force then fox hunting would never have been banned in the first place. Those who oppose it do not understand either countryside nor rural issues but nevertheless expect those who reside there - the farmers - to produce top quality food cheaply.

Ako Si Jamie
3rd July 2015, 10:17
I completely agree. This whole debate has nothing to do with cruelty to animals but reeks of the politics of envy. If animal welfare were the driving force then fox hunting would never have been banned in the first place. Those who oppose it do not understand either countryside nor rural issues but nevertheless expect those who reside there - the farmers - to produce top quality food cheaply.So why's fox hunting classed as a SPORT then? It doesn't need a pack of dogs and a bunch of blood-thirsty sadists looking on to kill a fox.

raynaputi
3rd July 2015, 13:48
Controlling the number of foxes and yet these hunters are breeding them..laughable reason.

http://www.league.org.uk/news-and-opinion/press-releases/2015/jun-15/kidnapped-for-cruelty-16-fox-cubs-found-in-a-barn-linked-to-high-profile-hunt-claims-charity

raynaputi
3rd July 2015, 13:51
So why's fox hunting classed as a SPORT then? It doesn't need a pack of dogs and a bunch of blood-thirsty sadists looking on to kill a fox.

Yep, farmer would have just shoot it with a rifle right away if he sees them causing any problem to its animals.

fred
3rd July 2015, 14:12
Yep, farmer would have just shoot it with a rifle right away if he sees them causing any problem to its animals.

If you ban something that generations of people have done for centuries there will be a backlash...
Its called going underground!
Just because something is made law does not always make it right to everybody! Especially when the vote was won by P.C ignorant townies that have never seen a fox except for on Discovery Channel.
Ban fox hunting...OK..Now accept the consequences and the backlash...Or not.

raynaputi
3rd July 2015, 15:03
Backlash from the fox hunters themselves? Hahahahaha they have to deal with it then! More people want to ban it and that's what they can't accept!

fred
3rd July 2015, 15:35
Backlash from the fox hunters themselves? Hahahahaha they have to deal with it then! More people want to ban it and that's what they can't accept!

You mean more people that live in cities and towns that have never seen a fox in real life or have had one killing their poultry for fun.

grahamw48
3rd July 2015, 15:36
I would support the hunting of pit bull terriers...and their owners.
More vermin. :biggrin:

fred
3rd July 2015, 15:42
I would support the hunting of pit bull terriers...and their owners.
More vermin. :biggrin:

Now that is a vote i would support.. I say we should bring back the red coats to hunt the owners too..
damned pests!

raynaputi
3rd July 2015, 15:45
You mean more people that live in cities and towns that have never seen a fox in real life or have had one killing their poultry for fun.

Is there a requirement to see one to care for one??? I won't argue with you Fred coz I don't care whatever you think.

fred
3rd July 2015, 15:53
I`m not asking you to care about what I think Rayna... I was born and bred in the British countryside.. Its my right to have an opinion on how it is managed.
You may disagree with me,and thats what is so wonderful about being British!!
Thus far..
The P.C brigade aim to change all that.

les_taxi
3rd July 2015, 17:23
I`m not asking you to care about what I think Rayna... I was born and bred in the British countryside.. Its my right to have an opinion on how it is managed.
You may disagree with me,and thats what is so wonderful about being British!!
Thus far..
The P.C brigade aim to change all that.

I agree Fred, I'm a town dweller and I have limited knowledge on it, I don't like any animal being killed but a country dweller sees things differently and I respect that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
3rd July 2015, 17:58
A lot of these animal rights campaigners are part of the unwashed rabble rousing hordes, they know nothing about the countryside, farming, agriculture etc. It angers me that these Cafe Nero morons have submitted to their demands and won't take milk from badger cull areas

raynaputi
3rd July 2015, 18:17
A lot of these animal rights campaigners are part of the unwashed rabble rousing hordes, they know nothing about the countryside, farming, agriculture etc. It angers me that these Cafe Nero morons have submitted to their demands and won't take milk from badger cull areas

Aren't there people here who says they would not eat from a place who performs Halal? Hahahahaha :crazy:

Dedworth
3rd July 2015, 18:26
Aren't there people here who says they would not eat from a place who performs Halal? Hahahahaha :crazy:

I'd like to see Cafe Nero go down the pan there are far too many poncy overpriced coffee shops around, hat's off to Italy where Starbucks don't exist.

I never knowingly eat in Halal places (tricky as KFC and Subway can be sneaky) and won't buy anything with the Halal scribble on it

les_taxi
3rd July 2015, 18:31

I won't if I know but since I like curries I can't be sure. Noticed in the dixy chicken shop in town they have a little arabic or whatever squiggly thing in the window which is the sign for Halal,of course it's not in English:doh

Go to .... hole Bradford and you won't find a shop that isn't Halal

raynaputi
3rd July 2015, 18:46
I'd like to see Cafe Nero go down the pan there are far too many poncy overpriced coffee shops around, hat's off to Italy where Starbucks don't exist.

I never knowingly eat in Halal places (tricky as KFC and Subway can be sneaky) and won't buy anything with the Halal scribble on it

Nando's chickens they say are Halal. We just been there yesterday! :xxgrinning--00xx3::hubbahubba:

Dedworth
3rd July 2015, 19:20
Nando's chickens they say are Halal. We just been there yesterday! :xxgrinning--00xx3::hubbahubba:

:yikes:

We ate in Nandos Windsor last month but just checked it's not one of their halal places. I expect the chicken comes from a Faccenda battery farm.