PDA

View Full Version : Nephew going to study in pinas.

Tawi2
10th May 2015, 18:23
My nephew is off to study a 6 month course in pinas,i popped into the institute last week to check the facilities which are acceptable,and they informed me he will be charged more than a local student due to language :Erm: despite the fact the course is taught in english :Erm: I didnt argue,whats the point,but the next time a pinoy gives me the white people are racist spiel.............................:cwm23::wink::icon_lol:

grahamw48
10th May 2015, 18:39
Ah yes...the Poriner tax. :NoNo:

I'm sure he'll have a great time anyway...well worth the extra pesos. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
10th May 2015, 18:55
He is in his early 20's mate,he is doing day release at the moment at college,pinas 6 months solid study is a better quicker alternative,he is half thai so asia is comfortable to him,he likes ladies so i am certain he will enjoy his stay :wink:

grahamw48
10th May 2015, 20:18
Haha...wish I'd been there in my 20s. :biggrin:

jake
24th May 2015, 07:41
Sounds more like a resident tax, rather than anything to do with language.

A very similar things also happens in the UK. My kids (British citizens) would be charged around 4 times more than a 'local' (includes foreigners) to study at University in the UK. Costs a lot less here at the government run Uni :wink:

raynaputi
24th May 2015, 09:53
Costs a lot less here at the government run Uni :wink:

I studied in a government run Uni and I think the most I've paid is around 1500-2000 pesos. It was on my last year and the fee was for miscellaneous stuff as a graduating student. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th June 2015, 18:04
Went into town with my nephew this morning,he put his passport into the embassy and collects it next week with his visa,he is going for 9 months,6 months study and 3 months R&R he has saved 10k sterling so he can enjoy himself and is looking forward to the experience :Jump:

cheekee
19th June 2015, 18:06
Went into town with my nephew this morning,he put his passport into the embassy and collects it next week with his visa,he is going for 9 months,6 months study and 3 months R&R he has saved 10k sterling so he can enjoy himself and is looking forward to the experience :Jump:

I think he is going to have an amazing time :)

Ako Si Jamie
19th June 2015, 19:47
Haha...wish I'd been there in my 20s. :biggrin:Come to think of it, so do I :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th June 2015, 20:35
I was there in my 20's,it was traumatic,so many women and so little time :Help1: but i did my best :hubbahubba:

grahamw48
19th June 2015, 22:28
Haha...lucky bugger. :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
11th July 2015, 15:19
My nephew is flying wednesday and is doing his research on cebu :icon_lol: he just read reviews on tripadvisor,one guy arrived in cebu as part of a group yesterday and has posted how he had TWO attempted robberies within the 24 hours he has been there :yikes:

Michael Parnham
11th July 2015, 16:13
Good luck to your nephew, I'm sure he will enjoy his time in Cebu! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th July 2015, 15:20
Thank you michael,he arrived in cebu this morning,i phoned him earlier,he said all the ladies are very friendly,but why are there armed guards in McDonalds :Erm:

Michael Parnham
16th July 2015, 20:49
Thank you michael,he arrived in cebu this morning,i phoned him earlier,he said all the ladies are very friendly,but why are there armed guards in McDonalds :Erm:

Because it's the Philippines, armed guards in KFC, Dunkin Donuts, Jollibee, in fact everywhere and also I remember the first time I went to Philippines I was shocked and terrified because it was the first time I had ever seen a real gun in my life and I had no idea why there were armed guards in almost every store and I still don't know why also bars on the windows of the houses, I'm sure that's a message to the tourists to keep away it's not safe, I'm afraid I can't live in a country like that, glad I'm in the UK!

Arthur Little
17th July 2015, 00:54
... going for 9 months,6 months study and 3 months R&R he has saved 10k sterling so he can enjoy himself and is looking forward to the experience :Jump:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... BEST wishes to your student nephew!

Tawi2
5th August 2015, 12:58
THanks arthur,he is settling in just fine,he has been there 3 weeks tomorrow and has already had 2 girlfriends,he thinks the food is ok,the weather is fine,and the place is interesting,he has even been to a church "because I was drunk when she asked me,so i said yeah and went along for a bit of a sing and that" :Erm: he dumped that particular girl because 4 days after he had met her she told him she loved him and wanted to move in with him,he said "She was a bit clingy" :icon_lol:

grahamw48
5th August 2015, 13:15
This is going to be a fun experience for him...that's for sure. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
6th August 2015, 09:03
He is a party animal mate,a very chatty social kid,he has cash and is early 20's,he has a decent apartment and is there for 9 months,maybe a year,its party time :wink::biggrin:

cheekee
6th August 2015, 18:29

I remember sitting inside Pizza Hut in Fuente Cebu and having two armed guards outside with machine guns.

At least my pizza is safe I thought.

Tawi2
25th August 2015, 12:16
He is fitting right in,won 6 quid at cockfighting at the weekend,played pool at some place downtown saturday night and some pinoys kicked off smashing bottles on each other,the guy my nephew was playing pool with said "dont worry,they wont come near us as they know i always carry my gun":cwm25:

Tawi2
2nd September 2015, 11:00
The problems have began :wink: He got a 59? day viza from the pinoy embassy in London,went to the bureau of immigration to extend it today in mandaue and they pointed out he was only stamped into the country for a month (despite the viza saying 59 days)so they have refused to extend and have told him he needs to report to mactan tomorrow :Erm::NoNo: to get an extention :Erm: Mabuhay sa pinas :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2015, 11:06
Oh dear, sorry to hear that but being a bright young man I'm sure he'll sort it out.:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
2nd September 2015, 11:18
Yup,i think they should sort it at the airport,their initial mistake after all once they saw he was entering on a 59 day viza :wink: earthquake yesterday on isla del fuego michael 4.7 I think its epicentre was near maria?

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2015, 14:21
Yup,i think they should sort it at the airport,their initial mistake after all once they saw he was entering on a 59 day viza :wink: earthquake yesterday on isla del fuego michael 4.7 I think its epicentre was near maria?

Yes, Maritess said that Siquijor had experienced an earthquake yesterday, don't know what the damage is yet!:Erm:

fred
2nd September 2015, 15:39
Funny ..I felt something yesterday just laying on the sofa.. no one else mentioned it so I thought it was just me!!:cwm25:

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2015, 08:26

Btw, thank you!:wink:

Tawi2
20th December 2015, 16:00
My nephew just phoned,he might have to come back to UK fairly soon as his uncle on his paternal side is not expected to go the distance,he is ill in hospital (he is in his 70's),my nephew is gutted,he was due to spend another 6 months in pinas and has just had his cat rabies injected and was going to look into quarantine and pet passports to bring her back to UK :NoNo:

grahamw48
20th December 2015, 16:52
CAT ? :Erm:

What about bringing back one of those beautiful girls ? :hubbahubba:

Tawi2
21st December 2015, 13:18
Oh,maybe i was mistaken,when he said he was bringing a pussy back i naturally assumed he meant a cat :Erm: he has some app on his phone that allowed him to meet up to 5 women in a single day,he has had loads of women problems due to taking quite a number back to his appartment,they turn up at the most innapropriate of moments :cwm25: like 3am in the morning when he is entertaining someone else :cwm25:

grahamw48
21st December 2015, 21:45
Naughty boy. :laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd December 2015, 09:52
he has some app on his phone that allowed him to meet up to 5 women in a single day What's this app called? :Erm:

Tawi2
22nd December 2015, 10:37
What's this app called? :Erm:

I think its called being 22 being a mestizo so looking very good and having loads of cash app,to be honest i havent a clue what its called,he doesnt need an app as he is a social sort of kid,but this is just another weapon in his collect and select armoury :cwm25: i will ask him what it is,i wasnt really interested when he was telling me,i just know its caused him lots of trouble,women trouble that it :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
28th December 2015, 21:36
so looking very good and having loads of cash

Seeing I resemble a bag of smashed crabs and I've just returned after three weeks in the Phils, that rules me out! :icon_lol:

raynaputi
28th December 2015, 23:39
I think the app is Tinder. It shows single ladies (who are also members in the app) in the location where you are.

Ako Si Jamie
29th December 2015, 09:31
I think the app is Tinder. It shows single ladies (who are also members in the app) in the location where you are.

I've heard of Tinder but in a negative light. Sounds like a site similar to Plenty of Fish but on an app.

Tawi2
29th December 2015, 11:42
Tinder doesnt ring a bell,i am sure it was something else?He has been there around 6 months and met over 50 girls using it so whatever it is its working for him :cwm25:

jeff in phils
7th January 2016, 01:43
I wish I was more aware of the Philippines when I was in my 20's.. I made my first trip there when is was 41. He should have a great time!

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 10:44
I wish I was more aware of the Philippines when I was in my 20's.. I made my first trip there when is was 41. He should have a great time!

I concur. I was 40 when I made my first trip to PH but better late than never. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 10:46
Actually....I wasn't. I was 39.

Tawi2
13th April 2016, 15:32
My nephew came back to the UK in january as his uncle died,the house has just been valued at 1.3 million,i dont know what the business is worth as the estate hasnt been divvied up yet :cwm25: anyway,i took my nephew to Heathrow this morning for his flight back to pinas for another 6 months,at 7.15am he was still asleep having gotten to bed at 4.30am due to nightclubbing with his mates,no shower just clothes on,loads of deodorant sprayed around,he was still drunk'ish,his flight was at 12.25 with cathay,luckily Heathrow was 20 minutes away,the start of another adventure :icon_lol:

SimonH
13th April 2016, 15:40
You must be in my neck of the woods, being only 20 minutes from Heathrow. I'm sure you've already told him not to go telling people he's come into an inheritance :wink:

Tawi2
13th April 2016, 15:46
He hasnt had his cash yet,he knows the ways of pinays,early 20's but he had over 50 "Girlfriends" as he describes them last year when he spent 6 months there,so he is wise to the ways of keeping anything his uncle bequeathed him :xxgrinning--00xx3: Yes,maidenhead is up the road.

Tawi2
24th December 2016, 09:57
My sisters just booked her ticket to go to Cebu next april to meet my nephews girlfriend,she has been to thailand loads of times and lived on the family farm as her ex husband is thai, she is aware philippines is a little raw compared to Thailand but she is looking forward to the trip,she is avoiding manila thank goodness :icon_lol:

SimonH
24th December 2016, 10:18
Flying into Cebu on Emirates the I presume :Erm:

Tawi2
24th December 2016, 11:45
Yes mate,emirates,i told her to give manila a wide swerve,she said is it similar to bangkok,i told her its like comparing paris to kabul.

Tawi2
1st February 2017, 20:44
My nephews dad is thai,my sis is english,my nephews girlfriends mother is a pinay,her father is japanese..............................They are having a sprog :yikes: what a mix this child is going to be :Erm:

stevewool
1st February 2017, 22:35
My nephews dad is thai,my sis is english,my nephews girlfriends mother is a pinay,her father is japanese..............................They are having a sprog :yikes: what a mix this child is going to be :Erm:

Dolly mixture comes come mind

Tawi2
1st February 2017, 22:38
Yup,sounds a very exotic kid :biggrin: my sisters over the moon,but one of his aunts who lives here,has been married four times,has a shady past and is thai was fuming as she wanted him to marry a thai (my sis shut her up by saying good thing we have freedom of choice here then isnt it).

stevewool
1st February 2017, 22:47
Well being married 4 times already either she likes wedding cake or just has not found the right one , better to take no notice from all that experience i say.