PDA

View Full Version : TEACHERS in UK

familylawyer
27th November 2007, 04:51
aNY body here working as a teacher in the UK? i would like to ask some enquiry. THNK

walesrob
27th November 2007, 05:27
What is your enquiry?

KeithD
27th November 2007, 09:51
What is your enquiry?

How to use a keyboard correctly :D

kimmi
27th November 2007, 11:26
i think he wants to know how to ask properly..:)

joebloggs
27th November 2007, 11:43
aNY body here working as a teacher in the UK? i would like to ask some enquiry. THNK

you would do well as a teacher in the uk , just what were looking for :xxgrinning--00xx3:

last time i looked teachers were still on the HSMP job shortage list :Cuckoo::Rasp: crazy that this country doesn't have enough teachers :NoNo:

andypaul
27th November 2007, 19:35
If you want to be a teacher in a school in the UK your a braver person than i.

Juana
27th November 2007, 22:09
If you want to be a teacher in a school in the UK your a braver person than i.

OR SAY

If you want to be a teacher in a school in UK, YOU'RE a braver person than I AM AND/OR SMARTER MAYBE??? :cwm12::doh DOH!

andypaul
27th November 2007, 22:47
OR SAY

If you want to be a teacher in a school in UK, YOU'RE a braver person than I AM AND/OR SMARTER MAYBE??? :cwm12::doh DOH!

Thanks for the lesson i will carry on typing while doing other things and not worry to much about how it reads as my lifes to short.

kimmi
28th November 2007, 04:04
no excuses Andy, :Cuckoo::cwm3:

I guess we now have a new mod who will check our grammars and spellings here..:Rasp::doh:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ooooppppsss,I'd better check mine too..:Help1:

KeithD
28th November 2007, 10:05
no X cuses Andie, :Cuckoo::cwm3:

I gues wee now ave a new mod who will cheq our grandmars and spillings hear..:Rasp::doh:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ooooppppsss,I'd bitter chuck myne too..:Help1:

:NoNo:

LEAHnew
28th November 2007, 10:25
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

kimmi
28th November 2007, 11:33

sorry Boss i wasn't able to read ur post re our new mod..oh my spelling!:Rasp::icon_lol:

Alan
5th December 2007, 22:52
Teacher eh? Hmmm....... I am still here. :)

Al.

kimmi
6th December 2007, 02:28
maybe Prof AL, he overheard that ure moving here this January..he he he:)

familylawyer
7th December 2007, 10:10
:ARsurrender: Hi there guys, thanks for the comments. (We lawyers have our secretaries to encode for us, hehehehehe).

Anyway, TO ANDY PAUL, why did you say that "If you want to be a teacher in a school in the UK your a braver person than i."?

TO ALAN, are you a teacher in the UK?

TO ALL, Merry Christmas!

Alan
7th December 2007, 14:09
:ARsurrender: Hi there guys, thanks for the comments. (We lawyers have our secretaries to encode for us, hehehehehe).

Anyway, TO ANDY PAUL, why did you say that "If you want to be a teacher in a school in the UK your a braver person than i."?

TO ALL, Merry Christmas!

Hi familylawyer,

Alan here - yes, I am a teacher in UK. How can I help you?

Al.:)

joebloggs
7th December 2007, 14:22
AL so modest :D, he doesn't like to blow his own trumpet

he was a HEAD TEACHER :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
7th December 2007, 16:22
AL so modest :D, he doesn't like to blow his own trumpet

he was a HEAD TEACHER :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
7th December 2007, 19:49

TO ALL, Merry Christmas!

Depends on the school but many i have visted in the london area on business a small but sizeable minority of the pupils are literally out of control. I have seen mass fights, teachers assaulted physically and verbally, and the fear in the eyes of some of the teachers in certain situations.

The law is not a good friend of the typical teacher in the Uk and the rowdier pupils know this and use it to their advantage. I have spoken to primary school teachers and office workers who say their jobs have changed dramtically due to the pupils behaviour and problems. In central london schools they will have pupils from 10's of different cultures and countries. many with very serious language, emotional and from families living in povety whose families are also struglling to come to terms with the uk for various reasons.

Some Flagship accademy schools in the centre of london have special personnel to deal with situations (fights, bullying and pupils involved in crime) they also have resident police officers and security guards on the gates to stop people coming into the schools. many teachers i have to deal with will suddenly be off work with stress and we then have to deal with another contact for weeks even months.
I also know of good friends who trained to be teachers most have left and now working in different fields one was off work for two months with stress due to the pupils behaviour and the lack of support they got from the schools managment.

Im not talking about reports i read in the newspapers or third hand reports im talking about various incidents i have witnessed in schools and colleges mostly in london but some in other areas.

Alan
7th December 2007, 20:43
Andypaul,

What you are saying is not far off the mark mate.

However, I would, if I may, just like to defend the children a little.

It is true that a lot of 'disruptive' children DO take advantage of their teachers because they know that the teachers have little or no defence these days - thanks to the moronic policies of successive recent governments.

However, the vast majority of children in any class do want to be there and they do want to learn.

Most are embarrassed at the behaviour of the 'disruptive' element - others, who have very little self-discipline - will 'join in' with the disruptors because they find it 'fun' to go against authority.

A teacher's only real weapon these days is psychology - and it REALLY works!

In my school - I teach 5 children who have been expelled (permanently excluded) from mainstream school - and with me, they are as good as gold.

Why?

Because I give them my time - I listen to them - and I give them the TLC that they do not get in a class of 30+.

OK - what am I saying?

I am saying that the state education system in this country STINKS - and has done for many years.

The government is so blinkered as to believe that a lovely little Primary school in a middle class area has the same rules as an overcrowded secondary school in a socially deprived area of - shall we say - inner city London.

I think that I can say - through my own personal experience - why our state education system is in the disgraceful state that it is today.

I entered the profession with the ambition of getting 'to the top.'

I was lucky enough to be a 'very good' teacher - and so I went through promotion and eventually made Headteacher.
What happened then? They took me out of the classroom - stuck me in an office - and I became an administrator!!!!:NoNo:

I have taught some classes in the Phils. already and hope to do when I return - because the discipline rules in the Phils. make the job the joy that it was when I entered the profession in England. However, until our governments see the obvious - I shall never teach again in the UK.

It is not the fault of the kids - or the teachers - We are both suffering because of the idiots in Westminster who think they know better than the people at the coal face.

andypaul
7th December 2007, 21:28
I agree about the pupils there are many you can see want to study and take huge social risks to be "boffins" . The vast majority want to learn and acheive and teachers i have met and know many work very hard, i even know of some to take on far more than you would ever expect to ensure pupils are fed each day and can study.

I do also feel that some teachers are defintely in the wrong profession, they just can't interact with the children.

The policies are crazy i have seen the award schemes at various schools. You get prizes for turning up to school sorry just sounds crazy.

We have problems with many young recruits at work, who just have not been pushed enough they are clever, bright have great technical skills but just can't handle pressure or being told what to do. Some can't last the working day even months in to the job, others feel they must have a day off at least once a month.

Many go on about their rights and whats in it for me, which has been fine when they can jump from job to job as the recession hits and workers are two a penny many will exerience long periods spent on the dole queue.
Workers from backgrounds and cultures where you have to work hard will rise to the top.

Alan
8th December 2007, 12:10
I do also feel that some teachers are definitely in the wrong profession, they just can't interact with the children.

How very true!

joebloggs
8th December 2007, 13:20
or a bit too much interaction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=500381&in_page_id=1770

Alan
8th December 2007, 13:53
Those guys deserve to be emasculated! :angry:

Al.

familylawyer
11th December 2007, 06:26
wow....

my brother-in-law, who is an elementary school teacher here in the Philippines is planning to go to the UK on a student visa and plans to take up PGCE and hopefully eventually apply as a teacher there.....

HMMMMmmmmmm....do you think guys that he pursue said path?

andypaul
11th December 2007, 11:10
Well to study in the UK he will need plenty of money, as its not cheap to be a student in the UK. there are a few posts on the subject from a few months back.

Working in the school and how your brother in law would get on all depends where the school is and the type. With a recession most likely to hit the UK jobs maybe harder to get a decent post as more brits go into teaching or return if other jobs dry up.

Alan
15th December 2007, 18:33
wow....

my brother-in-law, who is an elementary school teacher here in the Philippines is planning to go to the UK on a student visa and plans to take up PGCE and hopefully eventually apply as a teacher there.....

HMMMMmmmmmm....do you think guys that he pursue said path?

A lot depends on your brother-in-law's qualifications.
Quite a lot of British Universities and Teacher Training Establishments will only accept students with a recognised Bachelor's or Master's degree onto their PGCE courses.

Also - there are certain subjects that are oversubscribed at the moment - and others where there are chronic shortages in schools - such as maths and foreign languages. (Which happen to be MY specialities :D) What a pity I am leaving the country. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
16th December 2007, 00:50
there are chronic shortages in schools - such as maths and foreign languages. (Which happen to be MY specialities :D) What a pity I am leaving the country. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

why don't you teach them english AL, then no need for foreign language teachers here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:xxparty-smiley-004: