PDA

View Full Version : fiancee visas

dave65
25th January 2006, 10:15
I had an update through about the requirements for having the wedding all arranged and booked up in england before the fiancee visa would be granted
...my young lady has always said she would like to marry in the phillippines
so i am not sure how this affects the granting of a visa for her to come back to the uk do we need some sort of english marriage sevice arranged as well
anyone know the position on this please
dave

Philip
25th January 2006, 14:47
Originally posted by dave65@Jan 25 2006, 09:15 AM
I had an update through about the requirements for having the wedding all arranged and booked up in england before the fiancee visa would be granted
so i am not sure how this affects the granting of a visa for her to come back to the uk do we need some sort of english marriage sevice arranged as well
dave

Quoted post

Where did you get this update from, there's no mention of it on their site?

But there is some new info on applying:

"Applying for a Visa in the Philippines

Applying for a Visa in the Philippines

In order to apply for a visa in the Philippines, you need to contact the UK Visa Application Collection Service (UKVACS) or visit their office.

With effect from Monday, 23 January 2006, ALL visa applications to the British Embassy Manila will now be processed by TT Services Philippines Inc.. All applications have to be made using UKVACS.

All visa applications will initially be assessed on paper at the Embassy. A decision may then be made or an applicant may be called in for an interview.

The UKVACS number is: (02) 751 – 3750 or you may email them at support@ttspi.com.ph (UK VACS Email Address)

The UKVACS Call Centre is available from Monday to Friday 0800-2200 and Saturday 0800-1600. Recorded information is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The UKVACS Call Centre number is available to callers outside the Philippines."

walesrob
25th January 2006, 15:37
Originally posted by dave65@Jan 25 2006, 09:15 AM
dave

Quoted post

I think what you are referring to is that as a condition of applying for a Fiancee visa at the British Embassy in Manila, the wedding must be pre-booked (in the UK) and the information about the date and place must be supplied when making an application.

There really is no need to do both a wedding here in UK and Philippines - Elsa and I married in a civil office ceremony in Palo, and it was good enough for the visa application. I'm sure others will tell you, do the wedding in Philippines, it will be a lot less hassle when it comes to applying for the settlement visa - you wont need a fiancee visa and the many strings and conditions, etc.

Philip
25th January 2006, 16:08
Originally posted by walesrob@Jan 25 2006, 02:37 PM
I think what you are referring to is that as a condition of applying for a Fiancee visa at the British Embassy in Manila, the wedding must be pre-booked (in the UK) and the information about the date and place must be supplied when making an application.

There really is no need to do both a wedding here in UK and Philippines - Elsa and I married in a civil office ceremony in Palo, and it was good enough for the visa application. I'm sure others will tell you, do the wedding in Philippines, it will be a lot less hassle when it comes to applying for the settlement visa - you wont need a fiancee visa and the many strings and conditions, etc.

Quoted post

Why does the site make no mention of this? This is a strict rule?

How can you pre book something when you dont even know if they'll clear a fiance visa in the first place? Or, it may not be given in time for this pre booked date? :blink:

walesrob
25th January 2006, 16:33
Originally posted by manila bound@Jan 25 2006, 03:08 PM

How can you pre book something when you dont even know if they'll clear a fiance visa in the first place? Or, it may not be given in time for this pre booked date? :blink:

Quoted post

Pete did mention somewhere on the forum about the new rules, but I can't find it at the moment. Pete? :Erm: