PDA

View Full Version : My car needs a

Ako Si Jamie
19th April 2015, 09:25
I first heard of this website when it was advertised on the radio this week. I think it's new.

Basically if you need some work doing to your car, you can put the details on the site and their network of service providers will bid to secure the work.

If it dents the profits of the oily rodents in the trade overcharging customers, I'm all for websites like this. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://mycarneedsa.com/how-it-works

There's only a couple of reviews on trustpilot so it may be best to wait for awhile before using them.

grahamw48
19th April 2015, 09:57
Sounds interesting. :smile:

I must have saved my self a small fortune over the years, avoiding garages at all costs, and doing the work myself whenever possible. Only the need for special (expensive ) tools would make me pay their hourly rates, because my experience unfortunately, is that they break as much as they fix. :doh

stevewool
19th April 2015, 10:57
I have avoided all these cost since i brought my car 14 years ago, buy a TOYOTA AVENSIS, you know it makes sense:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
19th April 2015, 11:07
Toyotas do have a great rep for reliability. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th April 2015, 11:11
Indeed Graham, while it still keeps running why change, I hope it will last me till i say see ya when i board the plane to the Philippines

mickcant
19th April 2015, 11:13
Have just got rid of my car, that makes the best sense to me, since retiring I did not use it much at all.
A little inconvenience at times planning bus journeys, for more than walking distance! but no MOT to worry about!
Mick :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th April 2015, 11:33
Running a car does cost a lot, but you get use to it, My daughters walk everywhere, try to keep up with them sometimes puts me out of breath, if needed they will catch the bus too, Ems loves the bus, she knows it better then me, the bus stop is at the top of the street and you only have a to wait a few minutes before one comes along,
Even better now there is a bus service to the airport too, every 20 minutes and its so cheap , so no worries about airport parking when we go on holiday too

grahamw48
19th April 2015, 11:39
Have just got rid of my car, that makes the best sense to me, since retiring I did not use it much at all.
A little inconvenience at times planning bus journeys, for more than walking distance! but no MOT to worry about!
Mick :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have done the same Mick, even though I've been a real 'car nut' for years, and up til recently had 3 cars.

Retirement and free bus pass means I can have more hols in the Phils instead. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
19th April 2015, 12:03
None of you would like the bills i have to pay for my Taxi!

SimonH
19th April 2015, 12:03
I got my new one on Friday :biggrin:

stevewool
19th April 2015, 12:09
I got my new one on Friday :biggrin:

Is this to go with your car collection Simon

SimonH
19th April 2015, 12:11
Is this to go with your car collection Simon

:icon_lol: If you call 2 a collection, then yes :icon_lol:

Replaced the family car, but still have my toy for sunny days :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
19th April 2015, 12:50
Let's have a look then ! :Jump:

Dedworth
19th April 2015, 14:19
This looks useful

https://racgaragecompare.co.uk/

grahamw48
19th April 2015, 16:56
I used to take my cars for a 'pre-MOT check test' first, then fix everything myself, if need be, then back for the MOT.

Just saving one hour of garage labour cost would normally 'pay' for the MOT fee.