PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Manila on foot

Ako Si Jamie
27th March 2015, 22:58
The creator walks around Manila with a video camera. Do note that it lasts for nearly two hours. Newly uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w007cst8Imw

fred
28th March 2015, 00:51
I walked from Sucat Paranaque (Greenheights) to Padre faura twice.. I was blood knackered and on one occasion very sunburned!!

Anyone know how far that is in Miles?

gm47
28th March 2015, 20:28
I love walking in the Phils:smile: when I stayed in makati for 1 year, I walked from there to QC and back in a day, tiring but enjoyable :NEW5::Jump:

grahamw48
28th March 2015, 20:37
I walked from Sucat Paranaque (Greenheights) to Padre faura twice.. I was blood knackered and on one occasion very sunburned!!

Anyone know how far that is in Miles?

Not sure Fred. Must be 3 or 4 miles I'd have thought...in the heat.

I walked from NAIA 1 to Ermita one time, carrying my bags., as I just wanted to stretch my legs. Younger and fitter then. lol

Tawi2
28th March 2015, 21:18
I walked around north-harbour and tondo for a whole day,I just remember the dirt and grime around my ankles and toes that evening,and the black snot I thumbed out of my nose that wasnt quite as bad as delhi but not far off either :cwm25:

grahamw48
28th March 2015, 21:29
Should have bought a map. :biggrin:

Tawi2
28th March 2015, 21:36
Should have bought a map. :biggrin:
It was interesting,remember back in the days when smokey mountain was a tourist attraction :icon_lol:

grahamw48
28th March 2015, 22:07
Yeah...now just left on the streets instead of piled up in a heap.:icon_lol:

fred
28th March 2015, 22:48
Not sure Fred. Must be 3 or 4 miles I'd have thought...in the heat.

I walked from NAIA 1 to Ermita one time, carrying my bags., as I just wanted to stretch my legs. Younger and fitter then. lol

Just looked it up Graham.. 8.5 Miles!!
I walked it about 6 o'clock once with a mate.. We thought.."Stuff this" and started hitching.. A 14 wheeler stopped half full of rice and we jumped on the back!
Good ole days.

grahamw48
28th March 2015, 23:15
Wow...really ? :yikes:

Yep...good old days, when you'd see vehicles going crab fashion down the road because of their bent chassis, cabs made of wood, and taxis with boots full of water (noticed AFTER the driver had put your bag in it ) and a full set of bald tyres.:biggrin:

fred
28th March 2015, 23:54

Yep...good old days, when you'd see vehicles going crab fashion down the road because of their bent chassis, cabs made of wood, and taxis with boots full of water (noticed AFTER the driver had put your bag in it ) and a full set of bald tyres.:biggrin:

I dont think much has changed there!!
I remember the girls in MH Del Pilar putting their wet mops on the road side so that the jeeps ran over them to wring them out.. Took 2 loaded jeeps per mop.

Tawi2
29th March 2015, 00:11
Del Pilar Street :icon_lol: My first taste of manila,the taxi driver dropped me and my mate off there after telling us it was just the sort of place for kids like us,we spent the first night in a brothel after mistaking it for a hotel (not a short time one but a real one) we ate in rosies diner during a brown-out :icon_lol: and wondered why there were so many women around :Erm:

fred
29th March 2015, 00:21
Del Pilar Street :icon_lol: My first taste of manila,the taxi driver dropped me and my mate off there after telling us it was just the sort of place for kids like us,we spent the first night in a brothel after mistaking it for a hotel (not a short time one but a real one) we ate in rosies diner during a brown-out :icon_lol: and wondered why there were so many women around :Erm:

We used to run a beauty parlour there and a dress shop between Manila rendezvous and Go go Romeo`s .. I was stuck there all day and all night for 2 years trying to make a few bob (22 yrs old) .. Tut tut!
That was before Raymond's fast food became Rosie`s diner BTW..

Tawi2
29th March 2015, 00:26
Bloody hell,must have been rocking then,I remember the pre mayor Lim days,it was a kids wet dream :heartshape1::Help1:

grahamw48
29th March 2015, 08:59
No idea what you two are talking about. :biggrin:

cheekee
29th March 2015, 11:18

Lol.

The worst I experienced so far is clunking axles, Bald tyres, stinky taxis, coaches and lorries being faster and more aggressive than most cars. How things have changed.

Ako Si Jamie
29th March 2015, 19:48
If I walk around for longer than 10-15 minutes during the day over there especially in the cities, I get drenched in sweat.

As for those buses, I was on one from Alaminos to Bolinao and it must have being doing about 80 MPH, whizzing past kids and dawdling dogs on the side of the road without a care in the world. :yikes:

grahamw48
29th March 2015, 20:30
Mercedes and l were on that same route last year Jamie. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
29th March 2015, 22:13
Mercedes and l were on that same route last year Jamie. :xxgrinning--00xx3:You kept that quiet. :wink:

What did you think of Bolinao? Did you go to Patar Beach? What about The Hundred Islands?

grahamw48
30th March 2015, 10:22
Actually I think I was getting mixed up there Jamie.:doh We took a ride on the bus to Alaminos from Dagupan, supposedly to look at 100 islands area.

When we got off the bus at Alaminos, we took a loooong trike ride to view the islands, ended up not very impressed, tired and hungry. So, we shot off back to a carenderia at Alaminos bus station for a slap up meal and then gratefully climbed onto the bus home. lol

Ako Si Jamie
30th March 2015, 14:16
Actually I think I was getting mixed up there Jamie.:doh We took a ride on the bus to Alaminos from Dagupan, supposedly to look at 100 islands area.

When we got off the bus at Alaminos, we took a loooong trike ride to view the islands, ended up not very impressed, tired and hungry. So, we shot off back to a carenderia at Alaminos bus station for a slap up meal and then gratefully climbed onto the bus home. lolYou can't see jack from Lucap Wharf, Graham. You would need to take a boat ride for around 30 minutes to one of the islands where there's a viewpoint. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th March 2015, 15:15
I've got a pic of the view of the islands we got that day somewhere Jamie...will post when I have the desktop fired up. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
31st March 2015, 10:28
Ah...this one: :smile:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/Phils%20May%202014/PhilsMay2014067_zps1c9c958d.jpg~original

Ako Si Jamie
31st March 2015, 19:24
You need to be at an elevated point to see them properly such as where these pics were taken

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPVX7JtlTvC10Zz_Mrxfm-krEb2_-UKB1pw4CJpold04UwC_8nVw

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe9G8sIZB94_E7sklNCa_XdPv-2oLGbzaSyxEdqMetrv0KuNXSXA

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4IzJSGB5Nk8cYV4fr7bcRFFcFXm0UW1JG1lGMRKVnnfF-BaTU

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyblAOfD6zjHkhBDGLZjF02Rr37PIYGerwZ40BZ5Bf-C8Dk3zr5A

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYqv-evkScd5ALvDRAOvVq60XRii0yo3WFeuQq9nggIUzMvpS4FA

grahamw48
31st March 2015, 19:54
Yes, we'll have to pay them a proper visit sometime. Really that day was just a little ride out. :xxgrinning--00xx3: