PDA

View Full Version : Films to watch

Michael Parnham
18th March 2015, 16:05
Recorded a good film before Christmas and decided to watch it last night, excellent and if you haven't seen it I strongly recommend you do, title, 'Lawless' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
18th March 2015, 16:39
If it’s historical action (and if you liked “Kingdom of Heaven”), try “Arn – The Knight Templar”.
Subtitles I’m afraid, but definitely worth it.

Comedy ? ….. “ Le Dīner de Cons “, far, far, better than the American re-make “Dinner for Schmucks”.

,….. and the original (John Carpenter version) “Assault on Precinct 13”

Tawi2
18th March 2015, 17:41
"Lawless" is an excellent movie,Tom Hardy makes it as good as it is :xxgrinning--00xx3: If you enjoyed it may I suggest you watch "The Drop" which features Hardy again but if anything is an even better watch :wink: I wont spoil it for anyone thinking of watching it but its a very good film :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
18th March 2015, 19:03
Thanks for the tips guys!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th March 2015, 07:10
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th May 2015, 11:50
New series tonight on Fox 9pm "Wayward Pines" don't miss it!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th September 2015, 12:35
Lot's of new series on AMC also FOX channel will have a few suprises this Autumn, will update you nearer the time!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th October 2015, 07:25
Look out for 'Paperboy' also 'Drive' both films are showing on Film Four at the moment also 'Fargo' is back with a second series on Channel 4 and 'Walking Dead' sixth series on Fox. First started watching 'Walking Dead' on Fox in Philippines 2010 first series and never thought I'd ever be interested in any type of Zombie film but I became hooked on this because the storyline and character parts are really intriguing, great series!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
26th October 2015, 12:55
"Lawless" is an excellent movie,Tom Hardy makes it as good as it is :xxgrinning--00xx3: If you enjoyed it may I suggest you watch "The Drop" which features Hardy again but if anything is an even better watch :wink: I wont spoil it for anyone thinking of watching it but its a very good film :xxgrinning--00xx3:

been watching it, online, trying to watch the last 35 minutes but keeps buffering and fails, frustrating:Brick:

but i will persevere, good movie Lawless thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th October 2015, 12:58
been watching it, online, trying to watch the last 35 minutes but keeps buffering and fails, frustrating:Brick:

but i will persevere, good movie Lawless thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lawless is a good watch :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But personally I preferred 'The Drop'

Michael Parnham
26th October 2015, 14:38

I think The Drop is on Film Four this week, will check it out later!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
26th October 2015, 15:33

finaly managed to watch to the end, ok so next on my list the Drop:xxgrinning--00xx3:

John.C
26th October 2015, 16:12
I just watched Self/less (2015).
I thought it was really good. I suppose it is a Drama. I suppose it is "science fiction". You may need some tissues if you are "sensitive" like me. :smile:

A very wealthy businessman (Ben Kingsley) has a terminal illness. He goes to investigate a very secret new technique which transfers him and all his memories into a young and healthy body.
Obviously, something goes terribly wrong.........

Terpe
27th October 2015, 03:07
I thought it was really good. I suppose it is a Drama. I suppose it is "science fiction". You may need some tissues if you are "sensitive" like me. :smile:

A very wealthy businessman (Ben Kingsley) has a terminal illness. He goes to investigate a very secret new technique which transfers him and all his memories into a young and healthy body.

I like Ben Kingsley. I'll watch out for that film thanks for the heads-up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
27th October 2015, 07:16
anyone recomend any sites good and safe from malware ect, for quick downloading rather than watching streaming, constant freezing is spoiling the fun

imagine
27th October 2015, 14:11
watched the Drop good movie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
27th October 2015, 18:33
Recently got recommended an amazon firestick with Kodi preloaded on it from ebay, they average around £60.... Best £60 I have spent, get all the movie and sport channels, not only from England but all over the world. Also can access any film ever made if you get the right add ons. I have one add on that has every single Disney film made.
Makes my decision to get rid of Virgin media last year seem like a good idea and saving me a fortune.

imagine
28th October 2015, 11:18

watched it last night :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
29th October 2015, 15:51
just watched a nice movie,, :xxgrinning--00xx3: Spare Parts

Director: Sean McNamara
Stars: George Lopez, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carlos PenaVega

cheekee
29th October 2015, 16:36
Just watched a great movie called Lauren.

Scarlet johannsen played a woman who has this new drug implanted in her abdomen by a Chinese drug cartel and the bag burst.

The drug opens up her brain and she gains new powers.

The plot is excellent and a good film to watch.

fred
29th October 2015, 17:57
Just watched a great movie called Lauren.

Scarlet johannsen played a woman who has this new drug implanted in her abdomen by a Chinese drug cartel and the bag burst.

The drug opens up her brain and she gains new powers.

The plot is excellent and a good film to watch.

Saw a film similar to that description a couple of years back..Cant remember the title though??
The guy runs for president as the movie ends if my memory is correct..
Whiplash is definitely my favourite movie as of late..I dedicated a thread to it in fact.

Michael Parnham
29th October 2015, 19:10
One film that sticks in my mind was Kaleidoscope with Tom Cruise, think it was released late 90's, very good film!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
31st October 2015, 18:17
Watched 'Skyline' Last night, second time I'd seen it and it seemed better the second time round. Decent Sci Fi film!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
7th November 2015, 13:00
I watched Sicario a few weeks ago,excellent movie 10/10 i watched The Gambler on a long haul flight yesterday once again 10/10 and I watched Black Mass last week,johnny depp pulled off a flawless performance as whitey bulger but the storyline was weak in places 7/10

jonnijon
7th November 2015, 22:43
Having a great time watching Blakes 7, all three series on Youtube. :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
8th November 2015, 01:21
One film that sticks in my mind was Kaleidoscope with Tom Cruise, think it was released late 90's, very good film!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tom Cruise???? Are you sure Micheal?

Michael Parnham
8th November 2015, 09:31
Tom Cruise???? Are you sure Micheal?

Oh dear, thanks for the promt Fred, sorry 'Magnolia'

imagine
8th November 2015, 11:58
Having a great time watching Blakes 7, all three series on Youtube. :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

oh yeah , i remember that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th November 2015, 13:01
If they show any more previews/how it was made etc, of that new Bond film, I'll have seen the whole damned thing !!! :mad:

Why do the stupid media have to ruin everything this way ? :Brick:

fred
8th November 2015, 13:43
The last hangman.
True story of Britains most prolific hangman,Albert Pierrepoint.
Excellent film with unexpected twist.

http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/pierrepoint.png?w=780

Michael Parnham
8th November 2015, 14:26
Thanks Micheal..I saw the begging of that film and was engrossed by it....Then a 12 hour brown out!
I never knew the title of the film till you just told me..So now I will download and try to watch again.. Thanks!!!!
Well deserved Rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank's Fred, another title to look for is 'Down in the Valley' it's on AMC next Sunday!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th November 2015, 14:29
Almost forgot, another good film, 'Amores Perros' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th November 2015, 14:32
If they show any more previews/how it was made etc, of that new Bond film, I'll have seen the whole damned thing !!! :mad:

Why do the stupid media have to ruin everything this way ? :Brick:

I haven't seen any previews Graham, I will just buy it when it's available on 4k Blue Ray!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
14th November 2015, 17:59
We watched Hitman agent 47 the other night.

All I can say is please watch it.

A fantastic action movie.

Arthur Little
14th November 2015, 20:16
:wink: ... maybe I'm an "incurable old romantic" ... :anerikke: ... but my taste in films is 'Sleepless In *Seattle'.

Yep - I've even been *there! :smile:

Fil/Am Art
15th November 2015, 01:58
I have been using this torrent site for several years to download almost anything and works great: https://kat.cr/movies/

I also use this download manger: http://www.tixati.com/

And for play back, I use Any Converter: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Michael Parnham
30th December 2015, 11:26
Watched the last two part film 'Farscape' 'The Peacekeeper Wars' (Intelligent Sci-Fi) brilliant stuff, worth watching and it was broadcast in Dolby 5.1 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
30th December 2015, 11:30
:wink: ... maybe I'm an "incurable old romantic" ... :anerikke: ... but my taste in films is 'Sleepless In *Seattle'.

Yep - I've even been *there! :smile:

I was not too far from there a few years back Arthur, 'Vancouver Island' the ex wife's sister lives there!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th December 2015, 12:00
The Martian............just brilliant 10/10 imho

Tawi2
30th December 2015, 12:06
Point Break (the remake) not worth the watch,ray winstones dodgy accent that vacillates between american and cockney even in the same sentence is terrible :NoNo:

Tawi2
30th December 2015, 12:08
In the heart of the sea,the moby dick remake on the other hand is a great movie,even delves into the cannabalism that took place on the lifeboats,got to be a 9/10.

Terpe
30th December 2015, 13:06
In the heart of the sea,the moby dick remake on the other hand is a great movie,even delves into the cannabalism that took place on the lifeboats,got to be a 9/10.

Released on Boxing Day.
I'll wait for a bit.

Where did you watch it ?

Tawi2
30th December 2015, 13:09
I watched it in Bangkok,released early december,same as point break,my mate just tried to watch point break in toril but the cinema is screening tagalog movies to promote pinoy cinema or something?

SimonH
31st December 2015, 07:24

Just picked up from the local convenience store for 20php :biggrin:

SimonH
31st December 2015, 10:13
Just finished watching, and have to agree it's a great film. Perfect copy too :smile:

cheekee
1st January 2016, 04:16
Just saw In the heart of the sea. Really enjoyed it. The Martian was great too.

cheekee
1st January 2016, 04:18
Good app on android for watching and downloading movies and TV series.

Showbox.

Just google it and you will find the download page.

SimonH
1st January 2016, 04:40
A good app I found is filmon, live uk tv as well as many others :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd January 2016, 09:47
Just by chance I watched a film called Bridge of Spies.

Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks.

It takes us back to the Cold War era. I really enjoyed it.
Well worth a watch IMO

Tawi2
2nd January 2016, 14:27

Well worth a watch IMO
That was one of the emirates in-flight movies,Tom Hanks is impeccable as usual.

fred
2nd January 2016, 14:41

Well worth a watch IMO

Thanks..Not seen that yet..I will look out for it...Sounds like my cuppa T.

Michael Parnham
12th February 2016, 09:02
In recent weeks I've been watching, 'Beowulf', 'Jericho' and 'Gotham' all worth watching and yesterday called BT to complain about the loss of Fox channel on the first of March because series 7 of 'Walking Dead' starts in a couple of weeks, they told me that I could still watch it on Catch up TV the day after it has been broadcast in America, never knew I had catch up TV so they explained what to do I tried it last night and managed to watch the very first episode of 'Walking Dead' series 1 as it was the only episode I had missed, cost me £1.95 though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
13th February 2016, 15:57

Well worth a watch IMO

Watched this the other night. Based on a true story and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Does Tom Hanks ever make a bad film .

jonnijon
13th February 2016, 23:17
For Roy Orbison fans. A Black And White Night, recorded in 1988 set in a 1940's nightclub setting. I have never seen musicians enjoy themselves so much. Playing in the band Bruce Springsteen, T Bone Burnett, Glen D Hardin, James Burton, Elvis Costello and many more.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
17th February 2016, 06:35
Been watching 'Stargate Universe' the past few months on Pick TV, it's on weekdays every day at about 11am and still running, I find it a brilliant Sci Fi series really gripping stuff. I record it and watch five episodes over the weekend, a new Sci Fi series titled 'Sancturary' starts 29th Feb on Pick TV, previews look good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
17th February 2016, 21:14
Been watching 'Stargate Universe' the past few months on Pick TV, it's on weekdays every day at about 11am and still running, I find it a brilliant Sci Fi series really gripping stuff. I record it and watch five episodes over the weekend, a new Sci Fi series titled 'Sancturary' starts 29th Feb on Pick TV, previews look good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i love sci fi :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
18th February 2016, 08:52
'The 100' second series has just started this week on E4 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
29th February 2016, 18:26
11am tomorrow and every weekday on Pick TV rerun of 'Stargate Universe' series 1 followed by series 2 (40 episodes) is available for those who need to record it, I've just watched it all and find it to be brilliant:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
29th February 2016, 22:54
http://www.couchtuner.ch/ For all your TV.

Michael Parnham
5th March 2016, 18:32
For you Arthur also Mick, 'Raven Radio - 50's' you'll find it on the internet if you haven't got Internet Radio. Very enjoyable, brings back loads of nice memories!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th March 2016, 18:24
1am in the morning, 'Absolute Fear' on Syfy channel, story takes place in the Philippines, I'll be recording it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
25th March 2016, 19:11
1am in the morning, 'Absolute Fear' on Syfy channel, story takes place in the Philippines, I'll be recording it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Michael, set to record :smile:

sparky
29th March 2016, 02:46
KODI is great but i wouldnt pay for a preloaded stick- its very easy to do it yourself in @ 15 mins - plenty of youtube vids showing hows its done now, as well as facebook groups

Michael Parnham
4th April 2016, 17:20
For those who haven't seen it before, 'Columbiana' first class thriller not to be missed, E4 9pm enjoy!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
16th April 2016, 21:06
Watched 'Oblivion' last night that I recorded a few weeks ago, really enjoyed it a good film. Never heard of it before I recorded it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
7th May 2016, 22:06
Tonight's film was 'Elysium' brilliant Sci Fi film, really enjoyed it!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
22nd May 2016, 14:51
John Wick starring keanu reeves and willem dafoe,none stop visceral violence,massive body count,good soundtrack,and theres even a moral to the tale....Always be kind to dogs :wink:

Slip
22nd May 2016, 16:23
Watched London's falling the other night...

My god, what a pile of rubbish. Usual stuff, loads of gun fire that misses the good guys. but hits the bad guys all the time :doh

Tawi2
22nd May 2016, 16:45
Yup,that is a load of toffee,i once saw one called Behind enemy Lines,usual rubbish american pilot shot down over bosnia,loads of guys brassing him up as he ran,even a helicopter has a go at him,he escapes without a scratch :laugher:

Michael Parnham
22nd May 2016, 16:48
I recorded 'Savages' again last week will get to watch it when I find time, one of the best thrillers I've seen 1st class film:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
22nd May 2016, 16:51
Son of a Gun ewan mcgregor good heist movie,he plays a good part,quite gritty.

Michael Parnham
22nd May 2016, 19:10
Son of a Gun ewan mcgregor good heist movie,he plays a good part,quite gritty.

Will check it out:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd May 2016, 19:11

Two bit rubbish really:NoNo:

Tawi2
22nd May 2016, 19:30
Two bit rubbish really:NoNo:

I havent seen a decent filipino movie yet michael,they are all a waste of an hour and a half on average of my life,pinoys dont do good movies (and thats not a generalisation) my kid said they are low on talent and budget.

stevewool
22nd May 2016, 20:25
Dirty Grandpa , very funny film

fred
23rd May 2016, 00:37
Just saw the new X men film!! Excellent movie!

Tawi2
23rd May 2016, 13:07
Legend,i am not a fan of UK gangster type movies,cliched and OTT normally,but Tom Hardy plays thuggery and buggery (the kray twins) with panache.

Slip
23rd May 2016, 13:57
Been hearing about how good Deadpool is for a while now. So with a few hours spare this afternoon I thought I'd watch it. I managed 35 minutes before I turned it off.....:NEW5:

Tawi2
23rd May 2016, 13:59
35 minutes?Your a glutton for punishment,it was a crock of crap :NoNo:

Slip
23rd May 2016, 13:59
The Martian............just brilliant 10/10 imho

Haven't seen it yet... on my saved movies on my kodi app on the TV... Harlene and her mother said it was good when they watched it without me the other week!

Michael Parnham
23rd May 2016, 17:00
Haven't seen it yet... on my saved movies on my kodi app on the TV... Harlene and her mother said it was good when they watched it without me the other week!

Not seen 'The Martian' yet, I will buy it on Blue Ray for Christmas, in fact it would be better if 4K discs were available:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd May 2016, 17:43
Not seen 'The Martian' yet, I will buy it on Blue Ray for Christmas, in fact it would be better if 4K discs were available :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Talking of "Martians", Michael :icon_lol: - and given your penchant for Science Fiction - it occurred to me you might be interested in taking a look at this link to a new thread of mine.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/59203-British-Made-Robot-Christened-Bruno-Aims-To-Beat-NASA-In_Finding-Life-On-Mars

Although based on fact, as distinct from Sci~fi ... :anerikke: ... I thought it is likely to be your :tea_cup5: sort of thing!

stevewool
26th May 2016, 20:44
Just finished watching the film Spotlight,
Its one of those films you have to watch and after you have watched it, you think that cant have happened , but it did and maybe is still happening

Michael Parnham
27th May 2016, 07:45
Talking of "Martians", Michael :icon_lol: - and given your penchant for Science Fiction - it occurred to me you might be interested in taking a look at this link to a new thread of mine.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/59203-British-Made-Robot-Christened-Bruno-Aims-To-Beat-NASA-In_Finding-Life-On-Mars

Although based on fact, as distinct from Sci~fi ... :anerikke: ... I thought it is likely to be your :tea_cup5: sort of thing!

Yes Arthur, have checked it out, it's real stuff of today interesting also quite gripping, must follow how these things progress:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th May 2016, 07:50
Its one of those films you have to watch and after you have watched it, you think that cant have happened , but it did and maybe is still happening

Spotlight, what channel was it on Steve? as I have just been reading the review and looks interesting!

Tawi2
27th May 2016, 13:25
Excellent film,when i saw it i wondered if the philippines would allow it to be shown given that the country is run by the church :cwm25:

stevewool
27th May 2016, 14:06
Spotlight, what channel was it on Steve? as I have just been reading the review and looks interesting!

I down loaded it from the internet Michael

Michael Parnham
27th May 2016, 19:51
I down loaded it from the internet Michael

Thank you Steve, I will just buy it on Blue Ray, no idea how to watch films on a computer plus I love my 65" telly and sound system:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
29th May 2016, 14:37
Just saw this L.Dicaprio film.. How they did some of these scenes I will never fully understand!!
Some stunning camera work..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.jpg/220px-The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.jpg

stevewool
29th May 2016, 14:56
Just saw this L.Dicaprio film.. How they did some of these scenes I will never fully understand!!
Some stunning camera work..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.jpg/220px-The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.jpg

Amazing camera work, and the bear scene has to be one of the best scenes ever

stevewool
29th May 2016, 14:56
Just watched the new Star wars film, i have just wasted a few hours of my life :NoNo:

Terpe
29th May 2016, 15:08
Just watched the new Star wars film, i have just wasted a few hours of my life :NoNo:

To be honest I haven't watched any since the very first one.
:icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
30th May 2016, 07:50
Hmmmm, 'The Revenant' another one for my Christmas list:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
30th May 2016, 08:13

Where's my yellow card :mad:

Consider yourself on a verbal warning for mentioning the 'C' word when we're still in May :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
30th May 2016, 13:03
They will be selling Christmas things in the Malls August:xxparty-smiley-050::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
30th May 2016, 13:19
Fantastic movie,but brutal,filmed in alberta,glad i didnt visit canada back in those days :cwm25:

stevewool
30th May 2016, 13:29

Dont tell Michael what happens to the 3 ducks and the cat at the end of the film, and who comes back from the dead to kill the midget, sorry small person

Tawi2
30th May 2016, 13:35
midget, sorry small person
The cat gets the vertically challenged guy by the throat,and is pecked to death by the ducks,sad ending :bigcry:

stevewool
30th May 2016, 13:50
The cat gets the vertically challenged guy by the throat,and is pecked to death by the ducks,sad ending :bigcry:

BRILLIANT, I said dont tell him, well thats saves him £3 , what other film was you thinking off

fred
30th May 2016, 13:51
They will be selling Christmas things in the Malls August:xxparty-smiley-050::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dont jump the Gun Micheal...Xmas starts here September 1..

Tawi2
30th May 2016, 13:54
BRILLIANT, I said dont tell him, well thats saves him £3 , what other film was you thinking off
£3 for a blu ray revenant movie? :yikes:

stevewool
30th May 2016, 13:54
For god sake dont mention about the jolly green giants, that come and kill Mat Damon in the film The Martians, thats what he is buying for C word too

stevewool
4th June 2016, 20:54
A little late , but if you have nothing to do tonight watch this film, Twelve Years A Slave , get your hankies out

Steve.r
4th June 2016, 22:18
Anybody watching season 6 Game of Thrones?

Michael Parnham
5th June 2016, 07:48
A little late , but if you have nothing to do tonight watch this film, Twelve Years A Slave , get your hankies out

I recorded it thank you Steve, will be watching it in a day or two, I remember when it was released it had brilliant reviews:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th June 2016, 08:12
Its on in the back ground, every hour of every day it seems :biggrin:, Emma likes it

Michael Parnham
5th June 2016, 09:24
Dont jump the Gun Micheal...Xmas starts here September 1..

Never given Christmas a thought until the end of the first week in December, never knew that anyone bothered before then until I lived in Philippines, I was genuinely shocked :yikes:

stevewool
6th June 2016, 17:01
Just watch the film, The Finest Hours,
A true film a little long but what brave men they where/wear/was

fred
6th June 2016, 18:03
where/wear/was

What/Which?

stevewool
6th June 2016, 18:07
What/Which?

Did you mean Witch

Michael Parnham
8th June 2016, 00:15
Just watched a first class thriller titled 'Prisoners' about two missing little girls, excellent film!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
8th June 2016, 15:26
Just saw Tarantino`s "The hateful eight"..:yikes:

Definitely not your typical western.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvc4SrXMjTiCF5gkVjdvN5a6Onc3QUy5lbEXTdyeDSdoOefiFgMw

Michael Parnham
8th June 2016, 16:14
I've just watched a film that I have been meaning to watch since it's release in 1973 and I absolutely loved it, 'American Graffiti' talk about nostalgic, and the cars from Studebakers to Lincolns and Packards a great film with Richard Dreyfuss and Harrison Ford amongst many others. Just loved it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
8th June 2016, 16:23
Just saw Tarantino`s "The hateful eight"..:yikes:

Definitely not your typical western.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvc4SrXMjTiCF5gkVjdvN5a6Onc3QUy5lbEXTdyeDSdoOefiFgMw

Just downloaded, will watch later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
8th June 2016, 16:48
Just downloaded, will watch later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its a bit slow for a while Steve but bare with it!

Steve.r
8th June 2016, 18:23
Its a bit slow for a while Steve but bare with it!

stevewool
8th June 2016, 20:25
Money Monster, 6 out of ten, i am so glad i did not pay for this film , but for free its worth a few hours of your life

Steve.r
8th June 2016, 22:25
Finished Hateful 8 Fred, Nice movie, kind of what I expect from Tarrantino.

stevewool
9th June 2016, 22:39
Came home the other day to Emma watching The Sound Of Music :smile:

Arthur Little
10th June 2016, 01:25
Came home the other day to Emma watching The Sound Of Music :smile:

Could do worse, Steve ...:anerikke: ... I've seen the film several times in the past, and have to say, I very much prefer sentimental movies of its type to the senseless (frequently violent) rubbish being screened in cinemas and copied on television nowadays.

fred
10th June 2016, 17:15
Just watched The brothers Grimsby.. Best skip the elephant scene IMO.
I have no further comment.:biggrin:

Terpe
10th June 2016, 17:20
Recently I watched John Wick, X-Men, London Has Fallen
Groundhog Day (again) and Gods of Egypt.

Enjoyed them all.

stevewool
10th June 2016, 18:13
Just watch my EYE LIDS , a few hours of bliss :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
10th June 2016, 21:18
Just finished watching Warcraft. Lots of angry Orcs. I will watch again when I can get an HD copy.

I also watched X-Men Apocalypse which was very good if you like that sort of thing. It explains a few things too from the other movies.

Michael Parnham
12th June 2016, 15:14
Watched the 2011 remake of 'Straw Dogs' that was first made in 1971 I believe with Dustin Hoffman and Susan George, the new version with James Marsden and Kate Bosworth was to me far superior, thrilling gripping stuff, a must watch.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
12th June 2016, 20:15
Just finished Gods Of Egypt ​nice movie, downloaded in 1080p so really good clarity. Well worth a watch.

stevewool
12th June 2016, 20:19
Just finished Gods Of Egypt ​nice movie, downloaded in 1080p so really good clarity. Well worth a watch.

Watched that too, yesterday and today , Emma liked it:biggrin:

stevewool
12th June 2016, 20:21
Watch Batman vrs Superman the other day , I am just so glad i dont pay for these films at the cinema

Steve.r
12th June 2016, 20:25
Watch Batman vrs Superman the other day , I am just so glad i dont pay for these films at the cinema
I will see if I can find a good quality one of that.

stevewool
12th June 2016, 20:39
The best film i have watched so far for a long time The Revenant , and i watched it again the other night on Kodi , a fantastic copy

Terpe
13th June 2016, 15:31
I'm pretty sure Fred suggested The Hateful Eight.

That was good enough to me to watch it. It's a long film but, wow, thank Fred for the tip.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had my attention the whole way.

As far as I'm concerned, anything from Quentin Tarantino just has to be seen. IMHO
When you add a cast headed by Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell it really spells unmissable.

My sort of film. Brilliant

stevewool
15th June 2016, 07:08
The Imitation Games,
I enjoyed this film, so sad for someone who helped saved so many people and reducing the war by years, and for someone so young ,

Steve.r
15th June 2016, 11:17
The Imitation Games ,
seen it, and was very good.

i have downloaded all the series of Vikings, now going to start to watch.

stevewool
15th June 2016, 13:15
seen it, and was very good.

i have downloaded all the series of Vikings, now going to start to watch.

That's my next watch when Emma does a double shift

stevewool
15th June 2016, 21:21
Schindler's list is the film we are watching, i hope there is a hell for these who carried out there orders

stevewool
19th June 2016, 12:24
Mary Poppins,Emma's choice but i could not help myself sing along with all the songs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
19th June 2016, 13:35
How about showing Ems, Bedknobs & Broomstick

stevewool
19th June 2016, 14:59
How about showing Ems, Bedknobs & Broomstick

Thats what i said to her yesterday, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
19th June 2016, 16:16
I'm pretty sure Fred suggested The Hateful Eight.

That was good enough to me to watch it. It's a long film but, wow, thank Fred for the tip.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had my attention the whole way.

As far as I'm concerned, anything from Quentin Tarantino just has to be seen. IMHO
When you add a cast headed by Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell it really spells unmissable.

My sort of film. Brilliant

Glad you enjoyed!!

stevewool
19th June 2016, 18:42
Just watched the new Mission Impossible Rogue Nation,
A good Sunday afternoon action movie,
The music is still brilliant I remember watching the TV series all those year's ago

fred
20th June 2016, 01:51
The music is still brilliant I remember watching the TV series all those year's ago

Not as good as Joe 90 IMO.:wink:

stevewool
2nd July 2016, 20:04
Watch American sniper the other night, I did enjoy the film , shame about his life being cut short

Steve.r
2nd July 2016, 20:30
Watch American sniper the other night, I did enjoy the film , shame about his life being cut short
Yes, seen that too. It's good. Steve, if you like that, try Lone Survivor

I am just downloading the new Independence Day movie. The screen grabs look ok, so I will let you know what I think later

Slip
2nd July 2016, 20:54
Just watched central intelligence starring Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson as we said we fancied a comedy action film tonight. We laughed once I think!

jonnijon
2nd July 2016, 22:45
Try these if you can stream.
http://www.watchallchannels.com/british-tv-html/
http://www.couchtuner.ch/
http://123movies.to/

stevewool
10th July 2016, 20:20
The 33,
Just finished watching this film, its about the 33 minors that was trapped underground in Chile for over 2 months,
Very good film

Steve.r
10th July 2016, 20:58
Just finished London Has Fallen ​quite a nice action packed movie.

stevewool
10th July 2016, 21:06
Tried watching the new Tarzan film the other day, it was so long in getting started i had to switch it off, maybe if could have been a great film but so SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW, anyone who watches this let me know if it turns out to be good

Terpe
11th July 2016, 01:53
I'm a bit of a Steven Seagal fan.
I just enjoy his kind of movies.

Anyway, the other day I watched Code Of Honour directed by Steven Seagal and also starring him.

If anyone else is a fan then you'll enjoy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
11th July 2016, 08:37
Tried watching the new Tarzan film the other day, it was so long in getting started i had to switch it off, maybe if could have been a great film but so SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW, anyone who watches this let me know if it turns out to be good

Not found a decent copy yet...Harlene wants to watch it so spent 20 minutes on Kodi searching but they were bad cam copies.

Trefor
11th July 2016, 15:15

Watched this with my Brother and Rose at the weekend. Great movie, very Sacha Baron Cohen - goes a bit too far and makes you cringe (as did Borat and his other movies to a certain extent).

Trefor
11th July 2016, 15:15

Watched this with my Brother and Rose at the weekend. Great movie, very Sacha Baron Cohen - goes a bit too far and makes you cringe (as did Borat and his other movies to a certain extent).

Slip
11th July 2016, 15:34

We watched that the other night! I haven't laughed so loud in ages... The elephant scene and when he had to suck the poison from his brother!

stevewool
16th July 2016, 21:11
Just watched Star Trek, Into Darkness,
I think these films are better then star wars, cant wait to see the latest film Beyond

Terpe
18th July 2016, 15:52
Despite mostly awful critics, I personally enjoyed the latest Independence Day film.
It's my kind of film.
If you enjoyed the original I think you'll like it

Michael Parnham
18th July 2016, 20:23
Despite mostly awful critics, I personally enjoyed the latest Independence Day film.
It's my kind of film.
If you enjoyed the original I think you'll like it

Will make a point of adding it to my list Peter, thank you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th July 2016, 08:25
Star trek, Beyond , just watch this yesterday, disappointed is all i have to say

stevewool
31st July 2016, 21:40
Just watched the film , Spy in the sky,
It was more like a documentary i thought, but i did enjoy it

Steve.r
31st July 2016, 22:27
Not see it yet Steve, I will look for a download

stevewool
7th August 2016, 20:20
We watched that the other night! I haven't laughed so loud in ages... The elephant scene and when he had to suck the poison from his brother!

I have not seen Emma laugh so much while watching this film,

stevewool
7th August 2016, 20:22
Just been to watch Jason Bourne , in my eyes its not as good as the others but still worth watching

Terpe
8th August 2016, 13:58
Just been to watch Jason Bourne , in my eyes its not as good as the others but still worth watching

Thanks Steve.
I'll watch as soon as I can :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
8th August 2016, 14:33

I have all the others on box set But waiting for a good copy until I watch this

stevewool
8th August 2016, 14:39
To me the Bourne films are amazing same music through out,
The books are also very good to read too

fred
20th August 2016, 13:45
Just watched the "I.P man" trilogy..
Very good if you like old school Kung fu movies.. Starts just before the Japs invaded China and ends in Hong Kong where IP man started his wing chun school.
Based on the geezer that taught Bruce.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8LM519_WB0Uy5DApAQxXwQWBoq3lG_QpdRiVaSAU7WXUmUbek

Slip
20th August 2016, 21:50
Just watched Bastille day... OK if you want an action film without special effects spoiling it, 6/10

Watched Now you see me 2 yesterday. Really enjoyed the first one a few years ago, the second one was just as good.

Michael Parnham
21st August 2016, 13:46
11.25 pm tonight Film Four, 'The Paper Boy' brilliant film:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
21st August 2016, 14:01
11.25 pm tonight Film Four, 'The Paper Boy' brilliant film:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers Micheal..I`ll see if my internet is good enough to watch it..
OI..!! It better be good!!:ReadIt:

stevewool
21st August 2016, 20:23
Watched Eddie the eagle Edwards film all about his life, was a nice few hours of easy watching

Terpe
22nd August 2016, 14:13
Just watched Bastille day... OK if you want an action film without special effects spoiling it, 6/10

Watched Now you see me 2 yesterday. Really enjoyed the first one a few years ago, the second one was just as good.

I watched Bastille day a few day ago too. Quite enjoyed it.
I agree with your 6/10 rating

Terpe
22nd August 2016, 14:15
I'm a die-hard fan of Jason Statham and have watched most of his films. All follow the same 'action genre' and Statham storyline. But I enjoy that.

Just watch his film 'Homefront' and yet again it didn't disappoint.
6/10

Terpe
23rd August 2016, 02:31
I'm a die-hard fan of Jason Statham and have watched most of his films. All follow the same 'action genre' and Statham storyline. But I enjoy that.

Just watch his film 'Homefront' and yet again it didn't disappoint.
6/10

Another one from Jason Statham well worth a watch is Parker.

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2016, 08:54
Watched a film last night made in Sweden (subtitled) 'The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest' awesome thriller:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
23rd August 2016, 17:44
Saw 'The Mechanic' the other night, that's a good JS film. There is a sequel that I am waiting to see too.

stevewool
23rd August 2016, 18:32
The best film I saw JS in was the film The Bank Job,
Brill film all the way through and it was a true story too

fred
25th August 2016, 06:31
Laughed through the whole of this film..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iCFi14Glbk

Michael Parnham
25th August 2016, 08:29
Laughed through the whole of this film..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iCFi14Glbk

Looks good Fred, is the title 'Due Date'?

fred
25th August 2016, 12:51
Looks good Fred, is the title 'Due Date'?

Yes.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
25th August 2016, 13:26
What a tital "Due Date" perfect

Michael Parnham
25th August 2016, 20:00
Yes.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Fred:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th August 2016, 21:04
A very nice film to watch with your love one,
Brooklyn, bring out the hankies

stevewool
20th September 2016, 18:30
Just watched the film, The Kingdom,
I enjoyed it:xxgrinning--00xx3: hope you do too

Steve.r
20th September 2016, 19:32
I downloaded and watched Train to Busan today.

It is Korean made with subtitles and is a little along the lines of 28 Days/28 Days Later and World War Z. If you like a good zombie escape movie, download it NOW!!!

fred
22nd September 2016, 11:27
Never even new this film existed till today..
True story of Albert Pierrepoint..Britains most prolific hangman.
Excellent film with an unexpected twist..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN9Oq5yihZY

SimonH
22nd September 2016, 11:51
Brilliant film Fred, fantastic bit of acting from Timothy Small as well :smile:

stevewool
22nd September 2016, 13:14
Never even new this film existed till today..
True story of Albert Pierrepoint..Britains most prolific hangman.
Excellent film with an unexpected twist..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN9Oq5yihZY

i will have to watch this one, i think Tim is a very good actor indeed right from his days in boys from the black stuff,

Terpe
22nd September 2016, 14:38

Like Steve, I'm a big fan of Tim Small.
This film will be going into my movies folder ASAP :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Fred and Simon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
2nd October 2016, 07:02
Just watched a fantastic film last night, "Free State of Jones" .
Mathew McConaughey staring in this true story, 10 out of 10 i would give this

Terpe
2nd October 2016, 14:07
A film called 'Marvellous'

It's a biographical film about the life of Neil Baldwin. Someone who always found a positive side and enhanced his life.

I enjoyed it to a point. Comparable to a Forest Gump spin-off.

Terpe
2nd October 2016, 14:16
If you enjoyed anything about the film 'Jaws', then 'The Shallows' will keep the tension high as well as we share the heart-stopping moments of a non-stop nightmare with a great white.

stevewool
2nd October 2016, 17:36
A film called 'Marvellous'

It's a biographical film about the life of Neil Baldwin. Someone who always found a positive side and enhanced his life.

I enjoyed it to a point. Comparable to a Forest Gump spin-off.

What a nice film, even brought a tear to my eyes ,

fred
3rd October 2016, 06:56
What a nice film, even brought a tear to my eyes ,

Me too Steve...Thanks Peter!

Arthur Little
3rd October 2016, 13:05

:Erm:, Simon ... I think you mean Timothy Spall. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
3rd October 2016, 17:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

The bloke out of Ourveedersoweritspeltzane Pet ? :biggrin:

stevewool
3rd October 2016, 18:07
:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

The bloke out of Ourveedersoweritspeltzane Pet ? :biggrin:

Yep thats the one he played Barry

fred
4th October 2016, 00:31
Yep thats the one he played Barry

Skip to 1:28.. Always remember that!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giWMXfy82g

SimonH
4th October 2016, 07:11
:Erm:, Simon ... I think you mean Timothy Spall. :icon_lol:

Thanks for spotting my small mistake Arthur, surprised it took you a week to notice it :Rasp:

stevewool
4th October 2016, 08:39
What mistake :Erm:

Steve.r
4th October 2016, 10:40
I caught a bit of Inglorious .......s the other night, I am going to download it to watch all through.

fred
4th October 2016, 11:01
I caught a bit of Inglorious .......s the other night, I am going to download it to watch all through.

Good film that...Enjoyed a lot!

stevewool
4th October 2016, 12:31

Yep I enjoyed that too,

stevewool
4th October 2016, 12:41
i will have to watch this one, i think Tim is a very good actor indeed right from his days in boys from the black stuff,

Can't find a copy of this anywhere, any idea's where I can get it for free

Steve.r
4th October 2016, 12:58
What movie Steve?

fred
4th October 2016, 13:02
Just watched "warrior"...
Bloody good flick that!

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/8063104/p8063104_p_v8_az.jpg

fred
4th October 2016, 13:07

Steve...The youtube full movie I posted is ready to watch...Just click the start button man!!..:icon_lol:

stevewool
4th October 2016, 13:12
What movie Steve?

The hangman one

stevewool
4th October 2016, 13:12
Steve...The youtube full movie I posted is ready to watch...Just click the start button man!!..:icon_lol:

Thanks fred

stevewool
9th October 2016, 19:47
Just spent a few hours watching " the infiltrator", Very Very good, again based on a true story, 9/10

Terpe
10th October 2016, 06:53
Just watched a fantastic film last night, "Free State of Jones" .
Mathew McConaughey staring in this true story, 10 out of 10 i would give this

Enjoyed it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
10th October 2016, 06:55
Just spent a few hours watching " the infiltrator", Very Very good, again based on a true story, 9/10

I have it to watch but just didn't give time yet.
I'll move it up the list and get to it ASAP :wink:

fred
10th October 2016, 10:19
Watched this last night... True story of the brilliant bobby Fischer.. Probably the best chess player of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFP3Lm8vSQ

stevewool
14th October 2016, 10:24
Swiss army man, starring Daniel Radcliffe,
What a waste of two hours,
One out of ten I would give it and that's just for the farts

Steve.r
14th October 2016, 12:53
One out of ten I would give it and that's just for the fartsyes also think it was pants. Could have been so much better.

Also, I saw the Infiltrator, I was disappointed. It had potential to be good, but I was left feeling like I missed something.. I know it followed a true story, but it was just a let down.

Terpe
14th October 2016, 12:59
One out of ten I would give it and that's just for the farts

I'll delete that one then ...... thanks Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th October 2016, 13:03
.......I saw the Infiltrator, I was disappointed. It had potential to be good, but I was left feeling like I missed something.. I know it followed a true story, but it was just a let down.

Watched The Infiltrator last night. Actually I enjoyed it a lot. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
14th October 2016, 13:28
Watched The Infiltrator last night. Actually I enjoyed it a lot. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Acting was good, production was good, it was just the story, albeit true, lacked the big ending, left feeling deflated.

Terpe
14th October 2016, 13:55
Acting was good, production was good, it was just the story, albeit true, lacked the big ending, left feeling deflated.

How about that Golden Oldie 'True Romance' ?
One of my faves.

If you're a Robert De Niro fan try 'The Family'

stevewool
14th October 2016, 14:14
yes also think it was pants. Could have been so much better.

Also, I saw the Infiltrator, I was disappointed. It had potential to be good, but I was left feeling I missed something.. I know it followed a true story, but it was just a let down.

I ei enjoyed this, maybe because it was a true story, could have done with a bit more action though

Steve.r
14th October 2016, 14:24
I watched Killer Elite the other night. That's a good watch :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th October 2016, 14:27
How about that Golden Oldie 'True Romance' ?
One of my faves.

If you're a Robert De Niro fan try 'The Family'

True romance, amazing film

fred
14th October 2016, 14:53
True romance, amazing film

Yeah,agree..Couple of the best scenes of all time in that film..The Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walkern scene especially.
Enjoyed infiltrator....That guy must have balls of steel to do what he did.. Incredible bravery.

Terpe
16th October 2016, 11:04
I watched Killer Elite the other night. That's a good watch :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good. I'm sure I'd seen it before but didn't stop me from watching.
I'm a JS fan anyway :wink:

Terpe
16th October 2016, 11:10
'Non-Stop' with Liam Neeson.
Quite a decent suspense thriller taking place on a York City to London trans-atlantic flight.

Liam Neeson does a good job of maintaining the tension. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

6/10

Terpe
16th October 2016, 11:31
For those who are fans of a Mel Gibson action movie, 'Blood Father' won't disappoint you.

Actually Mel Gibson puts in a pretty good performance in this.

I'm a fan so I give 7/10
If I wasn't a fan I say 5-6

Steve.r
17th October 2016, 17:57
Just watched Monsters, Dark Continent

Might be worth watching Monsters first, but this is a better sequel.

Terpe
30th October 2016, 15:28
Star Trek 'Beyond'

2/10

That's only because i'm a long time Star Trek fan.

Sadly this was the very worst Star Trek I'd ever seen. Didn't even make it to the end :NoNo:

stevewool
17th November 2016, 20:14
Hell and high water.
Some how i was expecting lots from this film, but i did not get any at all, i hope others who may watch this see more then i did.
Be interesting what your thoughts maybe

Terpe
18th November 2016, 15:12
Hell and high water.
Some how i was expecting lots from this film, but i did not get any at all, i hope others who may watch this see more then i did.
Be interesting what your thoughts maybe

Steve, I've got it but not yet watched.
Should I bother or not ?
Your view us appreciated

Terpe
18th November 2016, 15:21
I recently watched a recent film from Pierce Brosnan called I.T.

Personally I like him and I enjoy his films. This one is OK and worth a watch.

I'd give 5/10 although if you're a fan I creep it it up a 7
I like IT stuff and this thriller kept my interest going

stevewool
18th November 2016, 16:44
Steve, I've got it but not yet watched.
Should I bother or not ?
Your view us appreciated

If you have a spare hour or two Peter it's worth watching with a beer, but if you had to pay for this then don't bother

stevewool
19th November 2016, 18:10
Just watched the film War Dogs,
I did enjoy this and as a true story was even better.
Just goes to show with a little now how and the balls to do it, well anything is possible

Terpe
20th November 2016, 14:06
Just watched the film War Dogs,
I did enjoy this and as a true story was even better.
Just goes to show with a little now how and the balls to do it, well anything is possible

Yes, I watched last week and thought it was pretty good.
I'd give 7/10 as it's based on a true story.

Beware of the friends you don't know from top to bottom I say.....
Well worth a watch

stevewool
20th November 2016, 14:22
Beware of the friends you don't know from top to bottom I say.....
Well worth a watch

That's why most of us have a only one or two true friends, if we are lucky

stevewool
20th November 2016, 14:23
Just watching, Now you see me, will report later