PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 2015

Michael Parnham
13th March 2015, 18:15
Don't forget, Australian Grand Prix this weekend, Lewis already on form! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th March 2015, 16:36
Lewis in Pole for tomorrow's race. Well Done, :unitedkingdom:

raynaputi
14th March 2015, 17:36
Just created a new thread for this topic since it's the new season. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th March 2015, 19:24
Just created a new thread for this topic since it's the new season. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope you alter the year each year Rayna!:Erm:

raynaputi
14th March 2015, 19:33
Hope you alter the year each year Rayna!:Erm:

:Erm::Erm:

Michael Parnham
17th March 2015, 13:15
What's happened to F1 fans? C'mon Graham back me up! After all, your G/F won with young Lewis pushing her along! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
17th March 2015, 13:22
Good start for Hamilton :engflag: . Vettel & Rosberg should wind their necks in :biggrin:

Terpe
17th March 2015, 14:47
Really nice work from Lewis. He looks a bit more relaxed, hope he can focus his natural talent.
Mercedes still top of the tree. Bringing happy memories from my old stamping grounds in the village.

andy222
17th March 2015, 15:14
Early days yet but a easy win for the first race. A bit dissapointed with Button though. I hope they get thier fingers out and give him a decent car.

Michael Parnham
17th March 2015, 15:47
Early days yet but a easy win for the first race. A bit dissapointed with Button though. I hope they get thier fingers out and give him a decent car.

Always liked Jenson Button, the ultimate 'nice guy' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th March 2015, 21:44
Qualifying today, don't know the results but whatever should be an exciting race tomorrow!:xxgrinning--00xx3: The reason I don't know the results is because F1 have updated their website and now I don't know how to find the results!:anerikke:

stevewool
28th March 2015, 21:47
Hope it rains half way through the race

Terpe
29th March 2015, 01:02
Moved posts to this 2015 thread :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
29th March 2015, 12:59
Moved posts to this 2015 thread :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I was sticking with the old Thread then it never needs changing every year! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
29th March 2015, 13:46
I was sticking with the old Thread then it never needs changing every year! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

There's nothing wrong with creating a new topic thread every year. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Even Fred creates new threads for his jokes every year!

Michael Parnham
30th March 2015, 07:44
There's nothing wrong with creating a new topic thread every year. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Even Fred creates new threads for his jokes every year!

Sorry Rayna, when one reaches my time in life we don't like change. Anyway just watched recorded Grand Prix, what a great race I found it quite exciting and good for Vettal, well done to him. I think this year could be one of the best now Ferrari have at last got their car on form, it will be tough for Mercedes now what with Ferrari and Williams pushing them along also don't forget the two new rookies and I think McLaren will improve a little later in the season too! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th April 2015, 20:07
Looks like tomorrows race will be exciting!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th April 2015, 00:22
Moved your post to the current thread Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
12th April 2015, 01:12
Moved your post to the current thread Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think Michael don't like using this thread coz he wants to stick with the old one he made. :Erm:

Michael Parnham
12th April 2015, 06:54
I think Michael don't like using this thread coz he wants to stick with the old one he made. :Erm:

Sorry Rayna, don't mean anything, it's the first thread that registers in the list when looking for Formula 1 and just never thought. After watching todays race I will try to remember to use your Thread! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
18th April 2015, 19:54
Qualifying today at Bahrain, Lewis pole, Rosberg busy crying! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
20th April 2015, 06:53
Fantastic race, Lewis won but I was so pleased to see Kimi Raikkonen at second place, if the race could have had a few more laps Kimi would have won. Things will start to change now I'm sure, Ferrari and Williams doing well now, also Alonso did good too but felt so sorry for Jenson, hope things improve for him in the not too distant future. Looks like this season could be very exciting! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th April 2015, 07:43
Great to see Lewis Hamilton again powering to a winning start this season :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Always a reminder of our UK village life to see Mercedes doing so well too :wink:

I wonder If Lewis Hamilton is thinking Red is the new Silver :biggrin:
All rumour of course :Erm:

Michael Parnham
20th April 2015, 08:56
Great to see Lewis Hamilton again powering to a winning start this season :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Always a reminder of our UK village life to see Mercedes doing so well too :wink:

I wonder If Lewis Hamilton is thinking Red is the new Silver :biggrin:
All rumour of course :Erm:

Love it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
20th April 2015, 16:05
I want to see Lewis beating Rosberg every day of the week. Rosberg likes to throw his dummy out and it is great to watch a grown man act like that when it is a German getting beat by an English man all the time.
At least we will see a good fight this year with Ferrari back in the mix.

Dedworth
20th April 2015, 17:41
Well done Lewis hope he keeps dealing with the opposition

Michael Parnham
20th April 2015, 21:26
I want to see Lewis beating Rosberg every day of the week. Rosberg likes to throw his dummy out and it is great to watch a grown man act like that when it is a German getting beat by an English man all the time.

Lewis and Nico come from completely the opposite family backgrounds! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
20th April 2015, 23:14

Just remember Hamilton is driving a German car. Just thought I would mention it. :wink:

Michael Parnham
11th May 2015, 08:50
Is no one interested any more? Yesterdays race not bad its good now that Ferrari are back on form, things are beginning to change but having said that Mercedes will still be hard to beat. Nico won yesterday followed by Lewis and the other guy, I think he's German, isn't he? :Erm:

KeithD
11th May 2015, 09:13
I started a new thread earlier :wink:

Michael Parnham
11th May 2015, 13:37
I started a new thread earlier :wink:

Sorry Keith, missed it but still nobody has said anything, they would rather say nasty things about Andy Murray and I bet they wish they could play tennis half as well as he does, Andy Murray has ever done me any harm! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
11th May 2015, 13:44
Sorry Keith, missed it but still nobody has said anything, they would rather say nasty things about Andy Murray and I bet they wish they could play tennis half as well as he does, Andy Murray has never done me any harm! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They say nasty things about Murray just because he said in the past that he would never support the England football team, I think! Oh and because he is a Scottish Nationalist! People are just crazy if that's just the reason to hate someone especially when they don't know them personally. :crazy: I bet they earn peanuts compared to what he earns and he couldn't care less about them either. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th May 2015, 13:49
They say nasty things about Murray just because he said in the past that he would never support the England football team, I think! Oh and because he is a Scottish Nationalist! People are just crazy if that's just the reason to hate someone especially when they don't know them personally. :crazy: I bet they earn peanuts compared to what he earns and he couldn't care less about them either. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Love what you say Rayna! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th May 2015, 14:14
I'm an English Welsh Nationalist :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th May 2015, 12:17
Felt sorry for Lewis yesterday, seems his team made a grave mistake. Having said that, it was an excellent race! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
25th May 2015, 12:22
Felt sorry for Lewis yesterday, seems his team made a grave mistake. Having said that it was an excellent race! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That race is not actually a race. Even the F1 bosses say it is just more of a parade to showcase F1.

stevewool
25th May 2015, 14:26
The race is lost or won in the paddock these days,

KeithD
25th May 2015, 20:30
The race is lost or won in the paddock these days,

Especially when the horses get in the way :Erm:

Michael Parnham
7th June 2015, 12:23
Lewis in pole position, looking forward to today's race should be plenty of overtaking! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th June 2015, 14:16
Lewis in pole position, looking forward to today's race should be plenty of overtaking! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael ... I've always been meaning to ask: :Erm: ... what is 'pole' position in relation to F1?

KeithD
7th June 2015, 14:55
They park just behind someone from Poland :Wave: :cwm3:

Michael Parnham
7th June 2015, 15:25
Michael ... I've always been meaning to ask: :Erm: ... what is 'pole' position in relation to F1?

I must say Keith's reply made me smile, what it means is that when they qualify the day before the race the driver who gets round the track with the quickest time starts at the front when the race takes place, hence Pole position! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th June 2015, 15:45
I must say Keith's reply made me smile, what it means is that when they qualify the day before the race the driver who gets round the track with the quickest time starts at the front when the race takes place, hence Pole position! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat: reply of his made me chortle too, Michael ... :68711_thanx:

Michael Parnham
4th July 2015, 15:31
Silverstone qualifying, Lewis on Pole Position for tomorrows race, well done once again Lewis :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th July 2015, 15:36
Silverstone qualifying, Lewis on Pole Position for tomorrows race, well done once again Lewis :xxgrinning--00xx3:

How I wish I could be there for the weekend.
I doubt my internet speed will allow me to watch.

Michael Parnham
4th July 2015, 18:46
How I wish I could be there for the weekend.
I doubt my internet speed will allow me to watch.

Every race is on 'Star Sport' channel in Philippines Peter, and you see the full race not just the highlights:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th July 2015, 18:50
A good few years i went to the grand prick and the cost was £100 for the weekend no seats just a grass bank to sit on and watch the screens, this was the year they stopped the pit wark because someone nicked a helmet from one of the garages, anyway a good weekend was had but you cannot beat watching it on tv , if its your sort of thing that is

jonnijon
4th July 2015, 23:43
I will be streaming live :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th July 2015, 00:15
:icon_sorry: ... motor racing - or indeed [watching] ANY sport - is just not my scene. :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
5th July 2015, 15:26
Well Lewis won and I'm happy with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
5th July 2015, 16:52
Well done Lewis - EuroTrash dealt with :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th July 2015, 18:01
Did you check out 'Star Sports' for F1 Peter? I watched every race whilst in Philippines, as we had Sky Cable TV and Internet. Used to watch 'Fox' and 'Syfy' channels for all the different Sci Fi series such as Falling Skies etc! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th July 2015, 00:59
Did you check out 'Star Sports' for F1 Peter? I watched every race whilst in Philippines, as we had Sky Cable TV and Internet. Used to watch 'Fox' and 'Syfy' channels for all the different Sci Fi series such as Falling Skies etc! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sadly not. I'll check through our TV channels another time.
I completely missed the F1
I went out with my camera and lost track of time

Saw Lewis being interviewed on BBC world news though :Jump:

Michael Parnham
6th July 2015, 07:35
Sadly not. I'll check through our TV channels another time.
I completely missed the F1

Saw Lewis being interviewed on BBC world news though :Jump:

Lewis has really matured since he first joined F1, turned out to be a really great guy, his family must be so proud of him! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
6th July 2015, 07:45

Thats the way to do it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th July 2015, 16:07

Thats the way to do it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thing is, I'm retired, no longer wear a watch and don't have a mobile phone.
I'm creating a new world for myself :Jump:

grahamw48
29th July 2015, 00:12
:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
29th July 2015, 06:42
Btw, Sundays race was the best one this year, I am an avid viewer of F1 and have followed it on TV since it was first programmed. Did you find it on Star Sport Peter?

Terpe
29th July 2015, 08:54
Btw, Sundays race was the best one this year, I am an avid viewer of F1 and have followed it on TV since it was first programmed. Did you find it on Star Sport Peter?

I checked my channels the other day and sadly no Star Sport.
I do have a couple of pretty good sports channels so was able to follow most of the Tour de France which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I also found a channel called DMax which covers most of my favourite motoring programmes including a lot of UK ones like 'Wheeler Dealers'. It's quite funny (and nice) to hear a British accent :icon_lol:

grahamw48
29th July 2015, 10:23
Excellent series, Wheeler Dealers. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Trefor
29th July 2015, 13:08
:biggrin:

LOL!

They both scored points on Sunday which is nice to see.

Anyone else see the rumours about Jenson doing a spot on the new Top Gear? Could be interesting.

Trefor
29th July 2015, 13:10

I love how they spend say £8,500 (not counting Ed's blood, sweat and tears) and then Mike says 'we will make good money on this one', only to make £250. i know its for TV but still...

Ed runs a garage somewhere near Bracknell, seems like a good guy. Mike is classic 'car dealer' spec and replaceable :smile:

Michael Parnham
29th July 2015, 16:18

Cracking series Graham! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th July 2015, 21:55
I checked my channels the other day and sadly no Star Sport.
I do have a couple of pretty good sports channels so was able to follow most of the Tour de France which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I also found a channel called DMax which covers most of my favourite motoring programmes including a lot of UK ones like 'Wheeler Dealers'. It's quite funny (and nice) to hear a British accent :icon_lol:

Tour de France, spot on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
29th July 2015, 22:28
I love how they spend say £8,500 (not counting Ed's blood, sweat and tears) and then Mike says 'we will make good money on this one', only to make £250. i know its for TV but still...

Ed runs a garage somewhere near Bracknell, seems like a good guy. Mike is classic 'car dealer' spec and replaceable :smile:

Good programme - I remember one where they did up a Triumph Stag it sold for naff all and they made a fiver :yikes:

grahamw48
29th July 2015, 22:31
:laugher:

(Back in the day, those Stags always seemed to be owned by poncy blokes like Jason King off that 70s show :biggrin:).

.http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/20/article-1259498-00A24D78000004B0-622_233x404.jpg

stevewool
30th July 2015, 07:50
:laugher:

(Back in the day, those Stags always seemed to be owned by poncy blokes like Jason King off that 70s show :biggrin:).

.http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/20/article-1259498-00A24D78000004B0-622_233x404.jpg

Bloody hell Graham is that you in your younger day? :biggrin:

grahamw48
30th July 2015, 11:58
The thought had crossed my mind. :cwm25:

I was a lot younger than him though. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2015, 14:37
Lewis just won Belgian Grand Prix, well done once again Lewis!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
23rd August 2015, 15:12
Poor Vettel :icon_lol:

Rosberg... 2nd best again :laugher:

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2015, 15:25
Poor Vettel :icon_lol:

Rosberg... 2nd best again :laugher:

Was a very fast race Keith, quite a number of cars dropped out due to various faults all in the first couple of laps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
6th September 2015, 07:27
Italian Grand Prix today, Lewis in pole again!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
6th September 2015, 08:51
Italian Grand Prix today, Lewis in pole again!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As long as he gets away quick, he should win, but he has struggled at the start in 2 out of the last 3 races.

Michael Parnham
7th September 2015, 12:18
Great race, well done Lewis:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
7th September 2015, 12:21
Most exciting 2hrs of my F1 life :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... not the race .... the stewards enquiry :icon_lol:

Rory
7th September 2015, 15:29
Was good to see Lewis win again,love him or hate him, he is one of the top 3 drives in F1 but has the best car. Rosberg is not in the same league. I only rate Vettel and Alonso on par with Lewis.

Serious potential in Verspappen, the 17 year old drives with no fear, some might call him a little reckless. I could not believe it when i saw him overtaking Nasr on the outside in Belgium. Would anyone else have tried that ?

stevewool
7th September 2015, 19:47
Sorry to spoil the plot, WHAT DO I DO NOW GUYS:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:, errrrrrrrrrr drive the bloody car ,
I wonder if they would be as good as they are without all the gizmos that helps them win a race ie the pit lane and the radio

KeithD
7th September 2015, 20:23
Of course they'd be good enough. They've driven all kinds of different cars to get to F1. As Jeremy Clarkson showed in one episode of Top Gear when he drove one, it doesn't matter what tech it has, driving something with the acceleration and braking of an F1 car is suicidal. :omg:

Rory
7th September 2015, 20:38
Sorry to spoil the plot, WHAT DO I DO NOW GUYS:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:, errrrrrrrrrr drive the bloody car ,
I wonder if they would be as good as they are without all the gizmos that helps them win a race i.e. the pit lane and the radio

To be honest i agree with you but it is technology that is advancing. A lot of the gizmos as you call them that are in your car now were first tested in Formula 1. What i would love to see back in manual gears, that would show the men from the boys.

stevewool
7th September 2015, 20:39
Well that put me in my place if Jeremy the Slapper Clarkson has driven one :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
21st September 2015, 09:05
Really good race at Singapore yesterday, more overtaking than anticipated, sadly Lewis had a problem with his car therefore had to retire halfway through the race but pleased to see Vettel, Ricciardo and Raikkenen on the Podium, well done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2015, 14:13
Lewis back where he belongs at the Japanese Grand Prix, well done Lewis!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th September 2015, 14:47
Lewis back where he belongs at the Japanese Grand Prix, well done Lewis!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, yes. Totally agree. Well done Lewis and well done Mercedes.
My little UK village triumphs again :Jump:

Personally I think that corner battle was half/half but Lewis had it overall.
Plenty of time to come back.

WooHoo Lewis.

I was lucky to attend and watch the Japanese Grand Prix many times.
Thank you to my ex boss for those times. Such happy days
Cheers. :Beer:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2015, 16:56
Yes, yes. Totally agree. Well done Lewis and well done Mercedes.
My little UK village triumphs again :Jump:

Personally I think that corner battle was half/half but Lewis had it overall.
Plenty of time to come back.

WooHoo Lewis.

I was lucky to attend and watch the Japanese Grand Prix many times.
Thank you to my ex boss for those times. Such happy days
Cheers. :Beer:

Lucky Fella, remember you can follow F1 on Sky Cable, Star Sport!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
27th September 2015, 18:26
Well done Lewis and well done Mercedes.

Eh up :cwm24: What is Lewis doing with Graham's new wife? :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2015, 19:41
Eh up :cwm24: What is Lewis doing with Graham's new wife? :biggrin:

Like it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th October 2015, 07:24
Russian Grand Prix today, Nico in pole position Lewis in a comfortable 2nd position, lets see what happens!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th October 2015, 14:05
Great race, Hamilton, Vettel, Perez on the Podium in that order, Putin hugged and kissed them and when the Champagne flowed Putin and his croanies got slightly wet!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
11th October 2015, 16:01
Got some balls spraying Putin . :omg: :icon_sorry:

Nice to see him taking such an interest though. :smile:

Great race. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th October 2015, 05:35
Lewis has the title within reach of his grasp. I hope he can continue his performances and not get fazed.

Well done to Lewis Hamilton and to Mercedes :Jump:

Michael Parnham
12th October 2015, 08:09
Lewis has the title within reach of his grasp. I hope he can continue his performances and not get fazed.

Well done to Lewis Hamilton and to Mercedes :Jump:

Did you manage to watch it on TV Peter?:Erm:

Terpe
12th October 2015, 13:42
Did you manage to watch it on TV Peter?:Erm:

Sadly not Michael.
Yesterday was the Fiesta of our village. I was busy eating and drinking and drinking and drinking all day and all night.

It was a tough ask but I had no choice and had to do it.:biggrin:

I can only watch replay clips.

raynaputi
25th October 2015, 22:26
Well done to Lewis Hamilton! 3rd time world champion! :Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

One of the most exciting race I've seen this year.

Poor Nico Rosberg, sulking...ahahahahaha.. :icon_lol:

Terpe
26th October 2015, 02:30
Well done to Lewis Hamilton! 3rd time world champion! :Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

One of the most exciting race I've seen this year.

Poor Nico Rosberg, sulking...ahahahahaha.. :icon_lol:

Woweeeee :Jump:
Congratulations and well done indeed Lewis Hamilton and also great work Mercedes.

I'll bet all the folks in my village back in UK will have celebrated.
There'll be some great Christmas Bonus this year.

:Jump::Jump:

Must try and catch up on that race with iPlayer

Michael Parnham
26th October 2015, 06:48
Really was a very exciting race, well done Lewis, looking forward to next year even though this year hasn't finished yet. Great stuff!:waver::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
26th October 2015, 10:32
Rosberg throwing his toys out of the pram was funny. :smile: Especially as he had handed the Championship to Hamilton. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
26th October 2015, 11:13
Well done Lewis ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A good advert for F1 in front of the American (motor sport mad) audience too. :smile:

Hopefully next season will, as rumoured, return to cars that sound rather more impressive.

Michael Parnham
1st November 2015, 14:24
Mexican Grand Prix, Qualifying Nico Poll Lewis 2nd and Sebastian 3rd, should be good tonight 10.30 BBC Highlights!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd November 2015, 09:48
The problem with Mexico is that the thinner air makes overtaking very difficult. So, you end up with a relatively boring race. Lewis couldn't overtake Rosberg as he lost down force, grip, and his breaks overheated whenever he got close.

Michael Parnham
2nd November 2015, 12:38
The problem with Mexico is that the thinner air makes overtaking very difficult. So, you end up with a relatively boring race. Lewis couldn't overtake Rosberg as he lost down force, grip, and his breaks overheated whenever he got close.
Oh dear, I didn't know as I haven't watched it yet, but thank you anyway young Keith. Will watch it this afternoon!:xxgrinning--00xx3: