PDA

View Full Version : Red Nose Day

stevewool
13th March 2015, 19:58
Yes, it's back! And it's going to make so much money for the needy, they'll say. But will it? Don't get me wrong, I give to charity too, but it's about time we looked after ourselves.

Think how much money has gone towards all those charities, and has it helped? Yes, it has, but what have we all learnt? They need more money every year.

We cannot support other countries now. It's hard enough to support just this country. Just my own thinking maybe, but it's a free country to say what I feel!

Dedworth
13th March 2015, 20:28
I'm very careful who I donate money to and certainly wouldn't want any of it getting into the hands of despots in Africa etc or massive amounts creamed off for the "administration" of the charity. Many charities provide an overpaid refuge for left wing trough feeders

30 charity chiefs paid more than £100,000

The leaders of some of the biggest charities risk bringing “the wider charitable world into disrepute” by taking large pay rises while donations are falling, according to the regulator.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10224104/30-charity-chiefs-paid-more-than-100000.html

raynaputi
13th March 2015, 21:32
I'm watching it now and quite like the show. :xxgrinning--00xx3: