PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

stevewool
9th March 2015, 21:18
What utter crap this programme has become. Yes, maybe I am the only person in the world that thinks it is more about the three stooges than the cars, but I am not going to watch or record this programme till the fat bloke goes. :Wave::Wave:

raynaputi
9th March 2015, 21:39
I like the show. It's funny. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: I don't care about the cars though.

Dedworth
9th March 2015, 21:53
I'm fairly even-minded. Clarkson is a bit of an oaf but tbh, I think it's well past its sell by date and their salaries and cost of the programmes are poor value for the licence payer.

I quite enjoyed watching The Classic Car Show the other day (a timed classic car rally in Scotland) and I like that Alex Riley bloke

Slip
9th March 2015, 22:21
I only like the star in a reasonably-priced car bit...

Not seen the latest episodes though... Will watch them 30 times on 'Dave' next year.

London_Manila
10th March 2015, 01:55
I like the show and find it mildly amusing Clarkson is hanging on in there after his recent gaffs :smile:

Their outing in Argentina somewhat backfired :wink:

Arthur Little
10th March 2015, 02:28
Will watch ... 'Dave' next year.

:icon_offtopic: ... but there're rumours circulating that we're unlikely to be seeing a lot of another Dave (TV-wise) from May 7 onwards!

Michael Parnham
10th March 2015, 07:55
What fat bloke? :Erm:

SimonH
10th March 2015, 09:32
:icon_offtopic: ... but there're rumours circulating that we're unlikely to be seeing a lot of another Dave (TV-wise) from May 7 onwards!

You shouldn't listen to rumours Arthur, they're normally made up by people with nothing better to do :wink:

malchard888
10th March 2015, 09:50
I'm fairly even-minded. Clarkson is a bit of an oaf but tbh, I think it's well past its sell by date and their salaries and cost of the programmes are poor value for the licence payer.

I quite enjoyed watching The Classic Car Show the other day (a timed classic car rally in Scotland) and I like that Alex Riley bloke

"The show is the most widely watched factual programme in the world and, despite that unfortunate Falklands car-reg row in Argentina, it shows no signs of heading for the scrapheap".

I think that makes it exceptional value for the licence payer!

Tawi2
10th March 2015, 10:31
The Chinese have copied the format, though they don't quite pull it off! :icon_lol: It's a unique show, three grown blokes playing with souped-up man toys. Men behaving badly on wheels.

malchard888
10th March 2015, 10:40
The Chinese have copied the format, though they don't quite pull it off. :icon_lol: It's a unique show, three grown blokes playing with souped-up man toys. Men behaving badly on wheels.

The American version doesn't pull it off either, the right mix of presenters is essential and these three gel perfectly.

Tawi2
10th March 2015, 18:11
The 3 are now 2. Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by the BBC earlier today. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
10th March 2015, 18:15
He had a "fracas" with one of the producers. Fisticuffs or manbags - everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a "fracas" :Erm:

stevewool
10th March 2015, 18:30
Too big for his boots methinks.

Arthur Little
10th March 2015, 18:30
The 3 are now 2. Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by the BBC earlier today. :icon_lol:

:cwm24: ... wonder how long he'll be kept "hanging on" ...

... in suspenders? :omg:

Tawi2
10th March 2015, 23:33
It's reported he punched :cwm24: a producer. That's surprised me as - even though he is a bit of a geezer with cars - I always saw him as a nancy sort of bloke :icon_lol:

Dedworth
11th March 2015, 10:45
It's reported he punched :cwm24: a producer. That's surprised me as - even though he is a bit of a geezer with cars - I always saw him as a nancy sort of bloke :icon_lol:

The "Producer" looks a bit of a wimp :smile::-

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/oisin1-e1426031373368.png

mickcant
11th March 2015, 10:55

Agree, he thinks he is above everyone and can act as he pleases :crazy:
Mick.

malchard888
11th March 2015, 11:22
If he does go I would imagine the likes of channel 4 & 5 and many other satellite channels will be knocking at his door with plenty of cash as he and Top Gear are very bankable. the BBC has many skeletons in their closet (Saville for one) and at least Clarkson is not pc, speaks his mind and is in tune with an awful lot of the public.

Arthur Little
11th March 2015, 13:16

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/oisin1-e1426031373368.png

:iagree: ... he does rather ... doesn't he?

Dedworth
11th March 2015, 18:21
:iagree: ... he does rather ... doesn't he?

The "Producer" looks like he deserves a clump

les_taxi
11th March 2015, 20:05
I like Clarkson, he says it as it is! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th March 2015, 22:15
I like Clarkson, he says it as it is! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

He's harmless really, just a self-made millionaire! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
11th March 2015, 22:26
BBC will lose a lot of money if they get rid of Top Gear. Apparently, if they won't show the last 3 episodes, the networks all over the world who already paid for the rights will be asking for refunds. :cwm25: I can't see anyone replacing Jeremy Clarkson. It won't be the same and the other 2 might not renew their contracts as well. They said contracts of these 3 guys are expiring end of this month.

Ako Si Jamie
11th March 2015, 23:37
To replace Clarkson they would need to find someone who is outspoken and capable of ruffling a few feathers!

Dedworth, what do you know about cars? :biggrin:

jonnijon
12th March 2015, 00:13
The man speaks his mind so go :Sex: hand wringers :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
12th March 2015, 00:14

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/oisin1-e1426031373368.pngHe look's like someone who's just been removed from Jeremy Kyle's stage!

London_Manila
12th March 2015, 02:13

Clarkson's off-the-cuff comments are meant to annoy people - that's his act. :icon_lol:

Steve.r
12th March 2015, 03:17
Anyone remember his chat show from a few years back, it was also TV gold imo

malchard888
12th March 2015, 08:41
Like him or loathe him, he certainly knows how to command an audience, and his political incorrectness certainly appeals to me - and many others - judging by the public reaction to his suspension.

cheekee
12th March 2015, 10:46
I heard on the radio this morning his suspension has something to do with not being allowed to order steak.

It pains me to say this as I love the show, but if that's true he deserves the boot to be honest. I wouldn't get away with that in my Profession.

andy222
12th March 2015, 12:24
Can't stand the bloke. He is arrogant.

mickcant
12th March 2015, 13:24
Can't stand the bloke. He is arrogant.

I'm with you about that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Certainly won't miss him.
Mick. :smile:

Dedworth
12th March 2015, 17:30
To replace Clarkson they would need to find someone who is outspoken and capable of ruffling a few feathers!

Dedworth, what do you know about cars? :biggrin:

:laugher:

I reckon Graham's already put in for it

Steve.r
14th March 2015, 03:08
I think he plays a great hand tbh, people like him say things that everyone else are too afraid to say in our PC correct society. Ought to give him more air time.

fred
14th March 2015, 05:13
I think he plays a great hand tbh, people like him say things that everyone else are too afraid to say in our PC correct society. Ought to give him more air time.

Completely agree..
Loved the way he ordered that Lightning fighter jet for his front lawn feature..
Probably to piss off his posh PC neighbours!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnGXerN0tlo

SimonH
14th March 2015, 09:41
Read this the other day and thought it was a fantastic summary Clarkson and his behaviour.

What he said.

Nothing excuses assault or bullying of work colleagues. I don't think any sane person would try to defend that.

But... Many millions of ordinary people, in their spare time, enjoy:

Rude jokes.
Offensive jokes.
Casually racist jokes.
Sexual innuendos and humour.
Jokes about women.
Jokes about disabled people.
Jokes about vegetarians.
Freedom from constant moaning about environmental concerns and melting ice while they drive their weekend cars at 17mpg.
Firing shotguns and rifles.
Hunting and shooting animals for sport.
Discussing how much other cultures or countries annoy them.
Indulging in a bit of loutish drunken 'rugby club' type behaviour.

But despite millions of people enjoying those things, apparently they aren't 'allowed' to have TV programs or media that reflect this, because somebody somewhere, finds it offensive and disagrees with it.

Clarkson is one of the few people, still in mainstream media, on channels like the BBC, that represent those people and the things they enjoy in life.

If Top Gear/Clarkson/similar things get taken away, what will people be left with as mainstream entertainment? Cookery programs? X Factor?

Michael Parnham
14th March 2015, 10:05
Read this the other day and thought it was a fantastic summary Clarkson and his behaviour.

What he said.

Nothing excuses assault or bullying of work colleagues. I don't think any sane person would try to defend that.

Rude jokes.
Offensive jokes.
Casually racist jokes.
Jokes about women.
Jokes about vegetarians.
Freedom from constant moaning about environmental concerns and melting ice while they drive their weekend cars at 17mpg.

But despite millions of people enjoying those things, apparently they aren't 'allowed' to have TV programs or media that reflect this, because somebody somewhere, finds it offensive and disagrees with it.

Clarkson is one of the few people, still in mainstream media, on channels like the BBC, that represent those people and the things they enjoy in life.

If Top Gear/Clarkson/similar things get taken away, what will people be left with as mainstream entertainment? Cookery programs? X Factor?

You couldn't have said it better! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th March 2015, 10:25
I agree to with what you are saying but I still think it's time to re do the programme.

I feel the show is all about the three of them. Let's get a silly car that no one else in our world could ever afford.

Replace him with who? I hear you asking. Mike Brewer comes to mind - even Quintin Wilson - and instead of a so called "star in a car", get a slot where you get a car for under £xxxx amount so Joe Bloggs can afford. Just my thoughts, no offence meant to lanky fat-belly blokes who think they are teenagers. :biggrin:

SimonH
14th March 2015, 10:38
It's an entertainment programme featuring cars though Steve, it's not a car buying guide programme. People watch it to be entertained and then chat with their friends or colleagues the following day about which car they'd have if they won the lottery.

There's similar programmes on property like Grand Designs, they're more of an entertainment programme than a what castle to buy programme. :smile:

Michael Parnham
14th March 2015, 11:16
I will agree with what Steve says regarding Quentin Wilson, if it becomes necessary, he would be the perfect replacement! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th March 2015, 11:16
I agree with you Simon, thoughI will still say, the programme has lost one viewer. But hey ho, there is 'Strictly Come Dancing' to look forward to. I hope he doesn't go onto this if he gets the boot - then that's another programme i won't be watching either. :doh:doh

Arthur Little
14th March 2015, 12:37
Well ... :anerikke: ... it's rumoured that Jeremy Clarkson's considering quitting the BBC - irrespective of the outcome of inquiries into his behaviour.

fred
14th March 2015, 13:19
He said: “All the dinosaurs died and now, years later, no one mourn their passing. These big imposing creatures have no place in a world that has moved on. You can start as many campaigns as you like and call on the support of politicians from all sides, but the day must come when you have to wave goodbye to the big monsters and move on. we lose one animal and gat another. The world turns.”
More than 800,000 people have now signed a petition to reinstate the presenter, fuelling speculation that Top Gear (http://www.topgear.com/uk/) would be scrapped if Clarkson was sacked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11472112/Jeremy-Clarkson-punched-producer-and-called-him-lazy-Irish.html

stevewool
14th March 2015, 13:44
He said: “All the dinosaurs died and now, years later, no one mourn their passing. These big imposing creatures have no place in a world that has moved on. You can start as many campaigns as you like and call on the support of politicians from all sides, but the day must come when you have to wave goodbye to the big monsters and move on. we lose one animal and gat another. The world turns.”
More than 800,000 people have now signed a petition to reinstate the presenter, fuelling speculation that Top Gear (http://www.topgear.com/uk/) would be scrapped if Clarkson was sacked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/11472112/Jeremy-Clarkson-punched-producer-and-called-him-lazy-Irish.html

Onwards and upwards they say

fred
14th March 2015, 14:18
Steve...Who are "They"?
Always wanted to know that!!

stevewool
14th March 2015, 14:27
Well, Fred (THEY) could be the person or people who are going onward and upward to a better place.

In fact, I am going to say that the day we fly out to our new home and life in the Philippines, so my kids will not feel upset. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
14th March 2015, 14:47
Quentin Wilson would be like watching paint dry or dying a slow death lying on a minefield. He isn't a patch on Clarkson. Clarkson is one of life's entertaining eccentric buffoonery types, old-school English middle-class. He is the shining star of the programme - without him, it's not going to be Top Gear but flop-gear. :icon_lol:

And whoever keeps sticking these...:anerikke::anerikke:......in my posts thanks for the editing but please,its how I speak in real life and these........:anerikke:....have no place in it. :NoNo::wink::icon_lol:

fred
14th March 2015, 14:51
And whoever keeps sticking these...:anerikke::anerikke:......in my posts thanks for the editing but please, it's how I speak in real life and these........:anerikke:....have no place in it. :NoNo::wink::icon_lol:

Are you saying that someone other than you edited your post?

raynaputi
14th March 2015, 14:56
The only shows I watch from the BBC apart from occasional news are Mrs. Brown's Boys, Top Gear, Doctor Who, Match of the Day (if I do remember it) and The Voice UK. One less show to watch if Top Gear will end. :thumbsdown:

Tawi2
14th March 2015, 15:00
I know so mate, my posts are what someone must think is "tidied up". :icon_lol: I look at them and think they seem totally out of context to how I envisaged them sometimes, grammar corrected, certainly punctuation and these damned things.......:anerikke:

Tawi2
14th March 2015, 15:03
Read Clarkson's autobiography, it's an insight into who and what he is. There's a chapter where he has a fox taking his chickens in the garden, so he buys a rifle and some ex-Russian NVG .....................:laugher:

fred
14th March 2015, 15:05
I know so mate, my posts are what someone must think is "tidied up". :icon_lol: I look at them and think they seem totally out of context to how I envisaged them sometimes, grammar corrected, certainly punctuation and these damned things.......:anerikke:

OK.. I`m on the case!!...So far though, it's a mystery???? :Erm:

Tawi2
14th March 2015, 15:07
I will keep a weathered eye out. Next time it happens, I will sing out LOUD - though perhaps now I have pointed it out, my posts will remain unaltered. I'd better bang one of these in just in case: .......:anerikke::icon_lol:

fred
14th March 2015, 15:33
It's an entertainment programme featuring cars though Steve, it's not a car buying guide programme. People watch it to be entertained and then chat with their friends or colleagues the following day about which car they'd have if they won the lottery.

There's similar programmes on property like Grand Designs, they're more of an entertainment programme than a what castle to buy programme. :smile:

I kind of agree but then when it comes to things like responsible fuel consumption and advise on savings and economical driving then I reckon there is no better than top gear.
Look at this for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w

stevewool
14th March 2015, 17:06
One man does not make the show, but hey, that's just my opinion. Look, don't get me wrong, there have been some great shows, but like anything, some shows just get boring after a while.

Michael Parnham
14th March 2015, 19:28
One man does not make the show, but hey, that's just my opinion. Look, don't get me wrong, there have been some great shows, but like anything, some shows just get boring after a while.

I've never watched Top Gear very often, but I still enjoyed the early programmes when they used to compare and test the average car! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
14th March 2015, 19:28

Disagree! The right person makes all the difference - he is good at what he does. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th March 2015, 20:26
Yes, he may be good at what he does, and so are the other two, but - and this is just me saying this - I think Hammond could be the right person to make all the difference and he, too, is good at what he does.

Ako Si Jamie
14th March 2015, 23:02

What he said.

Rude jokes.
Offensive jokes.
Casually racist jokes.
Jokes about women.
Jokes about vegetarians.

If Top Gear/Clarkson/similar things get taken away, what will people be left with as mainstream entertainment? Cookery programs? X Factor?What he says is spot on. Proof is in the plethora of Top Gear fans and those who enjoy stand-up comedians.

les_taxi
15th March 2015, 12:41
Yes, he may be good at what he does, and so are the other two, but - and this is just me saying this - I think Hammond could be the right person to make all the difference and he, too, is good at what he does.

Sorry Steve, he's a bit of a wimp. I like Clarkson - he's a mans man - old school, bit of a bugger, non-pc and good on him!

Soon our screens will be filled with pc, wimpy men/half women types, talking about the colour of the car. :NoNo:

Tawi2
15th March 2015, 13:02
Hammond is a metrosexual, Clarkson is a bloke. Hammond's the sort of guy who would get a kicking down the local pub, Clarkson is the sort who would get stuck in. I saw Clarkson on TV earlier, he looked like he had been dragged through 10 hedges backwards. Hammond wouldn't have given an interview unless he had spent 10 hours in makeup and wardrobe. Hammond hasn't got the entertainment factor Clarkson has.

Incidentally, a BBC head just likened Clarkson to (now then now then) Savile. Clarkson will probably kick off at such a comment.

les_taxi
15th March 2015, 13:17
Hammond is a metrosexual, Clarkson is a bloke. Hammond's the sort of guy who would get a kicking down the local pub, Clarkson is the sort who would get stuck in. I saw Clarkson on TV earlier; he looked like he had been dragged through 10 hedges backwards. Hammond wouldn't have given an interview unless he had spent 10 hours in makeup and wardrobe. Hammond hasn't got the entertainment factor Clarkson has.

Incidentally, a BBC head just likened Clarkson to (now then, now then) Savile. Clarkson will probably kick off at such a comment.

Yes, this new generation of soft gits worries me. :omg:! Last year, I remember going to pick up a fare of 4 lads and the last one took about 3 mins to come to the car - the excuse was he could not get his shoes on. :doh

Ako Si Jamie
15th March 2015, 13:37
Yes, this new generation of soft gits worries me. :omg:! Last year I remember going to pick up a fare of 4 lads and the last one took about 3 mins to come to the car - the excuse was he could not get his shoes on. :doh

Good job you're not a taxi driver in Westminster, Les. Plenty of soft gits down there! :wink:

joebloggs
15th March 2015, 14:28
I'm hoping he quits before the BBC sack him for gross misconduct. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Sounds like that's what's going to be happening from his rambling 'newspaper' column. Give Chris Evans a chance at replacing the :censored:

stevewool
15th March 2015, 14:40
I'm hoping he quits before the BBC sack him for gross misconduct. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Sounds like that's what's going to be happening from his rambling 'newspaper' column. Give Chris Evans a chance at replacing the :censored:

Replacing the what? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

les_taxi
15th March 2015, 16:35
He will have no problem getting TV work. They reckon his phone will be ringing red hot. Maybe Julian Clarey would be more to your taste Joe. :biggrin:

stevewool
15th March 2015, 16:52
This may be all home grown, remember Russell Brand when he opens his mouth too, just jumps onto any bandwagon. All he wanted was more publicity. WOW, that's another bloke who likes the sound of his own voice.

joebloggs
15th March 2015, 18:11
He will have no problem getting TV work. They reckon his phone will be ringing red hot. Maybe Julian Clarey would be more to your taste Joe. :biggrin:

Sure it will be. :icon_lol: Good as long as it's on Sky only :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well I'm sure Julian Clarey is a bit too macho for your liking Les, and you would prefer 'Chase Me' Duncan Norvelle instead :icon_lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZggclqsUeM

Tawi2
15th March 2015, 18:23
Duncan Norvelle is actually straight and happily married. I saw him in a gangster movie once :cwm25:

stevewool
15th March 2015, 21:06
What are yer all doing now? It's 8.04 pm :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: Check 'Dave', there could be a replay on there. :biggrin::biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
15th March 2015, 22:20
Duncan Norvelle is actually straight and happily married. I saw him in a gangster movie once :cwm25:

I bet he was getting chased by cops. :cwm3:

Ako Si Jamie
21st March 2015, 01:31
Seems like a section of fans want Steve Coogan to replace him. Apparently he knows a thing or two about cars.

Lancashirelad
21st March 2015, 02:00
I enjoy Top Gear even though most of jokes are telegraphed, cars keep accidentally getting damaged etc.

I would like Clarkson to stay, but am also a fan of Chris Evans. Steve Coogan is ok, but I find him funnier as Alan Partridge!

Michael Parnham
21st March 2015, 07:57
I enjoy Top Gear even though most of jokes are telegraphed, cars keep accidentally getting damaged etc.

I would like Clarkson to stay, but am also a fan of Chris Evans. Steve Coogan is ok, but I find him funnier as Alan Partridge!

Nice comment, yes, never thought of Chris Evans :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th March 2015, 12:25
Jeremy Clarkson’s Top Gear contract will not be renewed

I'm hoping so :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc

stevewool
25th March 2015, 20:42
He knew this would happen , you never know he may have planned it this way too, but hey ho here is me just thinking out loud maybe

joebloggs
25th March 2015, 21:12
he had to go .. he's 54 years old acting like some teenage thug :mad:

Oisin Tymon took himself to A&E after a 30-second physical attack caused swelling and bleeding to his lip, the inquiry found. It was accompanied by a sustained verbal tirade containing the “strongest expletives” and a threat to sack Tymon

http://www.theguardian.com/media/live/2015/mar/25/bbc-will-not-renew-jeremy-clarkson-contract-live-updates

grahamw48
25th March 2015, 22:03
Chris Evans stated on the radio this morning that there was no chance he would even want the job.

As for the rest of this overblown sorry affair: How much of my licence money have all these BBC PC pillocks wasted on a couple of blokes losing their tempers ? Yes, schoolyard stuff, and that's how it should be treated.

Now the idiot N Yorks police want to stick their noses in to waste even more money. Unbelievable. :NoNo:

Go and catch some damned burglars and drug pushers. :mad:

stevewool
25th March 2015, 22:10
I wonder if it was the other way round and Mr Clarkson was on the receiving end , would he have sued this person or what would he have wanted to happen,
Its funny that the richer they are the more they seem that they can sue you, again just me thinking out loud

Dedworth
25th March 2015, 22:23
I wonder if it was the other way round and Mr Clarkson was on the receiving end , would he have sued this person or what would he have wanted to happen,
Its funny that the richer they are the more they seem that they can sue you, again just me thinking out loud

I doubt Clarkson would have even wiped his shoes on him

grahamw48
25th March 2015, 22:30
Erm, I think it's the 'rich' people who get sued.

They have the ability to pay.

A whole industry of parasites has now grown up around that fact.

Of course WE end up paying for it all again. :NoNo:

joebloggs
26th March 2015, 00:01
As for the rest of this overblown sorry affair: How much of my licence money have all these BBC PC pillocks wasted on a couple of blokes losing their tempers ? Yes, schoolyard stuff, and that's how it should be treated.

one bloke losing his temper and assaulted another guy for 30 seconds and the producer didn't fight back,, Clarkson isn't a schoolboy thou,, he's 54, thou he acts like a kid :NoNo:

Erm, I think it's the 'rich' people who get sued.

They have the ability to pay.

A whole industry of parasites has now grown up around that fact.

Of course WE end up paying for it all again. :NoNo:

rich people can afford the best solicitors who know all the tricks to get them off scot free

jonnijon
26th March 2015, 00:35
If he was a pervert he would have got away with it

Michael Parnham
26th March 2015, 06:52
If he was a pervert he would have got away with it

Clarkson a pervert? His Mrs would kill him!:icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
26th March 2015, 09:35
There's a vacancy with One Direction if Clarkson's looking for work. :icon_lol:

mickcant
26th March 2015, 10:51
Even his friend Cameron has now backtracked on his support!
Mick.:cwm25:

grahamw48
26th March 2015, 10:57
Jeremy represents many thousands of us grumpy old men. :xxaction-smiley-047

Steve.r
26th March 2015, 11:22
A sad day imo. A 30 second fracas and he has a sore lip, what a poof, or can't I say that? What happened to the days when men were men? Sort it out and move on, again the PC crew win.

Tawi2
26th March 2015, 11:28
Yeah,hahaha,you can say poof,its freedom of speech in the uk for the time being,the producer actually went to A&E with his fat-lip,he is younger and fitter than clarkson but i dont think he retaliated.

grahamw48
26th March 2015, 12:01
Good thing it was a brief altercation, as Jeremy may have had a blinkin heart attack...overweight heavy smoker that he is.:cwm24:

johncar54
26th March 2015, 12:07
Clarkson, it would appear caused Actual Bodily Harm (ABH) to the producer (bruised and cut lip). If the police investigate and the CPS prosecute, then I do not see how he could escape conviction. Max 5 years imprisonment, not that he would get a custodial sentence.

joebloggs
26th March 2015, 17:50
Clarkson a pervert? His Mrs would kill him!:icon_lol:

you mean his g/f :wink:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jeremy-clarksons-close-friend-phillipa-5399608

joebloggs
26th March 2015, 18:02
A sad day imo. A 30 second fracas and he has a sore lip, what a poof, or can't I say that? What happened to the days when men were men? Sort it out and move on, again the PC crew win.

so you think it's acceptable for a work colleague to swear at you then beat you up for 30 seconds , resulting in you going to A & E and threat to get you sacked:Erm:. everywhere i've worked at, that's instant dismissal.

when men were men, you mean have a punch up, looking at the size and weight of clarkson it wouldn't have been a fair fight and what does violence solve :NoNo:

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 19:01
Good thing it was a brief altercation, as Jeremy may have had a blinkin heart attack...overweight heavy smoker that he is.:cwm24:

I think the opposite Graham poss icu for the "victim", a bit of a nancy boy who couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag. It's a good job it didn't go on any longer as he'd have ended up with a lot worse than a fat lip http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/punch.gif

joebloggs
26th March 2015, 19:11
I think the opposite Graham poss icu for the "victim", a bit of a nancy boy who couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag. It's a good job it didn't go on any longer as he'd have ended up with a lot worse than a fat lip http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/punch.gif

dedworth supporting violence in the work place :icon_lol:
i wonder if clarkson would have tired it if the other guy was bigger than him :cwm25: probably not :xxparty-smiley-004:

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 19:14
dedworth supporting violence in the work place :icon_lol:
i wonder if clarkson would have tired it if the other guy was bigger than him :cwm25: probably not :xxparty-smiley-004:

You've kept going on about Clarkson being a 54 year old thug Joe - looking at it another way the "Producer" is a 30 year old limp wristed luvvy wimp :biggrin:

Also just for the sake of good order not the workplace but a Hotel where they'd all gone to be fed & beered up

les_taxi
26th March 2015, 19:19
Go Clarksey gp-other lad looks like a poofta:biggrin:

joebloggs
26th March 2015, 19:32
You've kept going on about Clarkson being a 54 year old thug Joe - looking at it another way the "Producer" is a 30 year old limp wristed luvvy wimp :biggrin:

Also just for the sake of good order not the workplace but a Hotel where they'd all gone to be fed & beered up

clarkson in or out of work is representing his employer the BBC, just because he doesn't get the food he wants he throws a tantrum :furious3:

what's it matter what the other guy looks like Les :crazy:, is that how you sort any problems out with customers , have a :xxsport-smiley-002:, doesn't clarkson have the brains or self control :cwm25:

i know he doesn't have the brains of Piers Morgan :icon_lol:

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 19:47
clarkson in or out of work is representing his employer the BBC, just because he doesn't get the food he wants he throws a tantrum :furious3:

what's it matter what the other guy looks like Les :crazy:, is that how you sort any problems out with customers , have a :xxsport-smiley-002:, doesn't clarkson have the brains or self control :cwm25:

i know he doesn't have the brains of Piers Morgan :icon_lol:

I believe Clarkson isnt actually employed by the BBC he is on a freelance contract which happens to expire next week. So they haven't fired him just aren't renewing his contract - he's probably known this for months as they'd have been negotiating back then if they were looking to renew the deal.

As I said in post #21 the bloke probably had a clump coming to him

les_taxi
26th March 2015, 19:49
I have to face up customers sometimes as I would get slapped.If anyone is acting a bit aggressively I just make out I'm harder than I am.
Too many namby pamby she man about for my liking these days.
years ago if say a taxi driver nicked a job off you the threat of a slap sorted it now they would go running to the council like babies.
I'm old school and had a few fights especially on the Football field,yet we would all end up having a beer later.
Sometimes it's down to the beer.
I remember a few years back I was out on my best mates stag do and one of the staff where we worked (a van driver) decided to tip a pint of beer on my head in a club:cwm23:
I snouted him in the nose-he came forward so I gave him another which covered the grooms shirt in his nasal blood:yikes:
Bouncers removed me quickly:icon_lol:
Now on monday morning when the driver came to see me (I was general manager) he had a bit of a red beak but he thought I was going to sack him.
I said of course not it was too much beer for all-was dealt with at the time end of drama.
After that we got on really well.
Thats what would happen in the old days and to be honest it worked.

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 19:52
Off topic I know Les but that's why I like Keano as a bloke & pundit he's all or nothing, in your face, what you see is what you get.Completely the opposite of that narcissist ponce Savage who I'd love to see get a good slap

joebloggs
26th March 2015, 19:55
I believe Clarkson isnt actually employed by the BBC he is on a freelance contract which happens to expire next week. So they haven't fired him just aren't renewing his contract - he's probably known this for months as they'd have been negotiating back then if they were looking to renew the deal.

As I said in post #21 the bloke probably had a clump coming to him

maybe but

It emerged last night that Clarkson will still be paid and employed by the BBC until his contract expires at the end of the month.

from the snail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010167/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-BBC-internal-investigation-concludes-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html

why would this bloke have a clump coming to him ??? what you basing that on :anerikke:

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 20:06
why would this bloke have a clump coming to him ??? what you basing that on :anerikke:

He looks a smug, irritating type with a touch of luvvie thrown in - rather than being a grey man :smile:

stevewool
26th March 2015, 20:35
End of the day boys we all fall out and threaten this and that but the law is the law, no matter if you are a 7 stone weakling who looks like a luvvie or a big boned man who looks like a all in wrestler, you cannot put your hand on them no matter what they do

Arthur Little
26th March 2015, 20:45
Yeah,hahaha,you can say poof,its freedom of speech in the uk for the time being

Can you ... and is it, though? Because :icon_rolleyes: ... I got the impression it's "poof" :gost: ... and so~called "freedom" of speech was gone these days. :Erm:

Michael Parnham
26th March 2015, 21:17
End of the day boys we all fall out and threaten this and that but the law is the law, no matter if you are a 7 stone weakling who looks like a luvvie or a big boned man who looks like a all in wrestler, you cannot put your hand on them no matter what they do

It takes real men to sit down and air their differences!

cheekee
26th March 2015, 21:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLRna0RRvxo

Michael Parnham
26th March 2015, 21:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLRna0RRvxo

RIP!:biggrin:

SimonH
26th March 2015, 21:32
It could be that the jumped up little poof got what he deserved :Erm:
For all we know he may have been antagonising Clarkson for months, trying to get him to react. Maybe he has aspirations of being an editor and Clarkson gave him what was long overdue :cwm25:

les_taxi
26th March 2015, 21:45
Bet it was beer-I think all 3 will leave and set up a rival programme on another channel BBC loss:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th March 2015, 21:59
All three thought they was bigger then the show , lets hope the show proves them wrong,

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 22:35
Bet it was beer-I think all 3 will leave and set up a rival programme on another channel BBC loss:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd like to see that two fingers up at them

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/gruner/37179219_BBCBias02_xlarge.jpeg

Ako Si Jamie
26th March 2015, 22:45
I think I'd rather have a fat lip and sit at home than wait in A&E for four hours.

Yeah, that producer sounds a right Jessie.

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 22:48
I think I'd rather have a fat lip and sit at home than wait in A&E for four hours.

The majority are agreed he needed the clump :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
26th March 2015, 22:50

Everything in moderation, maybe he likes wasting A&E time :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
26th March 2015, 22:54
Off topic I know Les but that's why I like Keano as a bloke & pundit he's all or nothing, in your face, what you see is what you get.Completely the opposite of that narcissist ponce Savage who I'd love to see get a good slapThe insecure humourless Keane takes himself way too seriously by getting off on his fake hard man reputation at every opportunity.

Ako Si Jamie
26th March 2015, 22:55
Everything in moderation, maybe he likes wasting A&E time :Erm:Probably called an ambulance too. :cwm25:

Dedworth
26th March 2015, 23:13
The insecure humourless Keane takes himself way too seriously by getting off on his fake hard man reputation at every opportunity.

As a player he was a hard man. Look at some of the ponces around Nevilles, Savage, Ferdinand, Nasri, Torres, Henderson I bet Keane never possessed a pair of gloves or a snood. Didn't Keane have to go and sort out Viera in the tunnel after Gobby Gary Neville came blubbering to him ?

Ako Si Jamie
26th March 2015, 23:37
As a player he was a hard man. Look at some of the ponces around Nevilles, Savage, Ferdinand, Nasri, Torres, Henderson I bet Keane never possessed a pair of gloves or a snood. Didn't Keane have to go and sort out Viera in the tunnel after Gobby Gary Neville came blubbering to him ?He was neither professional nor fair but an attention seeker, unlike a proper tough guy like Stuart Pearce, for instance. Proof was when he went off grizzling from an altercation with Mick McCarthy during Ireland's World Cup preparations. :wink:

Steve.r
27th March 2015, 00:29
so you think it's acceptable for a work colleague to swear at you then beat you up for 30 seconds , resulting in you going to A & E and threat to get you sacked:Erm:. everywhere i've worked at, that's instant dismissal.

when men were men, you mean have a punch up, looking at the size and weight of clarkson it wouldn't have been a fair fight and what does violence solve :NoNo:when I started work, my apprenticeship at 16, yes it was a place where only the strong and hard willed could work. If you couldn't pull your weight, yes, you got hit or punched for being a blouse. Yes, verbal abuse was a daily occurrence too, but I stuck it out and ended up fully qualified. Too many disrespectful young people these days, who have no idea of hard work or responsibility in their work. So Clarkson didn't get what he wanted and the guy had a bitchy fit. Sounds like the type who I descri earlier. Another chancer looking for some easy money by publicizing how he got hit for not doing his job properly and winding up a person that perhaps he should have respected.

stevewool
27th March 2015, 07:54
I agree with some of what you say Steve, yes there are too many young people and old people too who are very disrespectful to others, and in the good old days you were either going to do it their way or the highway.

People earn respect and there are lots out there that have my respect.

A bully can never earn respect, and I think Clarkson has been made into someone who can say what he wants and nothing really happens to him. So this way you have made a bully, and who would respect him? Only a 'yes' person. Just my thinking

grahamw48
27th March 2015, 10:19
Steve.r has brought up a good point: Provocation (of Clarkson).

I don't seem to have read anything about this aspect in the reports.

jonnijon
27th March 2015, 13:00
I was getting my ass kicked round the deck of a trawler when I was 16 years old, never done me any harm. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
27th March 2015, 13:58
Having been reared by a short-tempered (ex-boxer) dad who believed in good smacks around the ear, I'd recommend the producer guy works on his ducking technique. :biggrin: :xxsport-smiley-002:

johncar54
27th March 2015, 14:25
I just heard that the victim says he does not want to pursue the matter. However, unless the law has changed, no one can 'authorise' another to hit him in these circumstances. I hope that just like everybody else Clarkson has to face up to the possiblity of a charge for ABH.

But I know UK has lost it's way on practically everything, so who knows what might happen now.

fred
27th March 2015, 20:57
Looks like the show is over at least on the BBC.
Hopefully the 3 of them team up on a different Chanel next year.
I wonder how the BEEB expect to raise the 65 million the show brings in??
Up the licence fee?

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Top Gear boss Andy Wilman plot their next career move at secret meeting

Clarkson, James May and Top Gear boss Andy Wilman met in secret today
Hinting show's end, Mr May said: 'We always knew it wouldn't last forever'
Insiders say Hammond will also refuse to make further episodes of show
Mr Wilman, Top Gear's executive producer, is also reportedly set to quit
\eremy Clarkson met with co-star James May and Top Gear boss Andy Wilman in a secret meeting, as the trio continue to plot their next career move.Clarkson, 54, is said to be weighing up his options after being dropped from the BBC yesterday for punching producer Oisin Tymon.
Mr May and fellow co-star Richard Hammond are both expected to leave the show with him, after claiming the trio ‘come as a package’.
However, in a hint that the Top Gear contingent may be planning to work together again, they were spotted together – minus Mr Hammond who lives in Herefordshire – following a secret meeting in London.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3012606/Fellow-Gear-stars-James-Richard-Hammond-set-follow-Jeremy-Clarkson-BBC.html#ixzz3VcMj348C
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Terpe
7th April 2015, 07:58
http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/anKvN1B_460s.jpg

Steve.r
7th April 2015, 08:39
I just heard that the victim says he does not want to pursue the matter. .Aww bless him, poor 'victim'... He doesn't even have the nuts to follow it through

johncar54
7th April 2015, 13:01
Aww bless him, poor 'victim'... He doesn't even have the nuts to follow it through

I see that the police have now said no action will be taken.

Whilst that will save public money, I know that in the past, and probably still for the 'ordinary man in the street' they would have been prosecuted as, I understand, there were witnesses to the assault.

One law for Clarkson and another for Joe Public, or so it would seem.

joebloggs
7th April 2015, 18:21
when I started work, my apprenticeship at 16, yes it was a place where only the strong and hard willed could work. If you couldn't pull your weight, yes, you got hit or punched for being a blouse. Yes, verbal abuse was a daily occurrence too, but I stuck it out and ended up fully qualified. Too many disrespectful young people these days, who have no idea of hard work or responsibility in their work. So Clarkson didn't get what he wanted and the guy had a bitchy fit. Sounds like the type who I descri earlier. Another chancer looking for some easy money by publicizing how he got hit for not doing his job properly and winding up a person that perhaps he should have respected.

:icon_lol: I've worked in many places, but those who used their fists had lost the argument :wink: and their job :biggrin:

As for the old days :olddude: everyone was respectful, 'ang on, Clarkson is in his mid 50's he's no teenager :doh

And for the rest of your post, it was Clarkson who reported it to the BBC, probably because he realised he was in deep :censored: the producer didn't and the producer has not spoken to the press or anyone as far as I can tell and he doesn't want to press charges, so that's a funny way of seeking publicity. :cwm25: And as for winding Clarkson up, I think the abuse was all from Clarkson

It's :icon_lol: that so many on here defend him for assaulting another person, would you defend him if he beat his wife, g/f or kids up :crazy:

les_taxi
7th April 2015, 18:39
It's that so many on here defend him for assaulting another person, would you defend him if he beat his wife, g/f or kids up

No of course not, but he hasn't so not relevant Joe.
No-one knows the facts, but if this was a one off under the influence of alcohol - and who knows what was said exactly - then for me, it's dealt with.

joebloggs
7th April 2015, 18:52
No of course not, but he hasn't so not relevant Joe.
No-one knows the facts, but if this was a one off under the influence of alcohol - and who knows what was said exactly - then for me, it's dealt with.

It's not a one off, is it Les ?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/mar/17/mediamonkey.pressandpublishing

And why was Clarkson so :censored: off ? :cwm25: Don't talk about teenagers these days when you've got lowlifes like Clarkson as 'role models' :NoNo:

stevewool
7th April 2015, 19:24
It's :icon_lol: that so many on here defend him for assaulting another person, would you defend him if he beat his wife, g/f or kids up :crazy:

Don't count me as one of those that defend this slob. It's a pity he did not pick on someone who would have given him what he gave out. I bet then there would be arrests and people being sued too.

Good riddance, I say. Just my own thoughts, no offence meant to other slobs

les_taxi
7th April 2015, 20:28
It's not a one off, is it Les ?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/mar/17/mediamonkey.pressandpublishing

And why was Clarkson so :censored: off ? :cwm25: Don't talk about teenagers these days when you've got lowlifes like Clarkson as 'role models' :NoNo:

Well at the end of the day he's got lots of fans including me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
7th April 2015, 22:10
Don't count me as one of those that defend this slob. It's a pity he did not pick on someone who would have given him what he gave out. I bet then there would be arrests and people being sued too.

Good riddance, I say. Just my own thoughts, no offence meant to other slobs

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well at the end of the day he's got lots of fans including me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sums him up :NoNo:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053800/Jeremy-Clarkson-injunction-Top-Gear-star-lifts-gag-ex-wife-Alex-Hall.html

jonnijon
8th April 2015, 00:00
We know there was no hot food at the end of a day's work, that's wrong. We do not know what the producer said to earn the slap do we?

So stop slagging Clarkson all the time.

Arthur Little
8th April 2015, 00:59
We know there was no hot food at the end of a day's work, that's wrong.

Not ideal,:iagree: ... but when you're slogging away from 6.45 am till 10.15 pm on Election duties at a polling station without access to hot food - other than that which is brought into you by your partner, or otherwise subsist on cold sausage rolls, sandwiches and flasks of lukewarm tea/coffee for 151/2 hours - then that IS, IMO, something to get grouchy :angry: about! Therefore, by comparison ... :anerikke: ... I'd say Clarkson got off lightly and was being paid a fortune for mucking around in cars.

Arthur Little
8th April 2015, 03:02
Therefore, by comparison ... :anerikke: ... I'd say Clarkson got off lightly and was being paid a fortune for mucking around in cars.

Having said that :icon_rolleyes: ... Jeremy can come across as being a likeable enough bloke in his own way, and I'm sure he - and the programme of which he was the mainstay - will be much missed. :wink:

stevewool
8th April 2015, 05:36
We know there was no hot food at the end of a day's work,

AND? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

SimonH
8th April 2015, 06:11
We know there was no hot food at the end of a day's work,

AND :Erm::Erm::Erm:

To be fair Steve, that's not the gist of what Jonnijon was saying. The point was that we don't know what happened leading up to the slap.
The producer could have been winding him up all day, and then at the end of the long day after a few beers pushed Clarkson over the edge. Then to top it all he could have shouted the place down saying he'd have Clarkson's job and he was off to A&E like a little cry baby. Clarkson may have then sobered up pretty quickly and reported himself to the BBC as a damage limitation ploy :Erm:

les_taxi
8th April 2015, 08:57
Well its BBC loss. Sky will probably snap all 3 of them up.

SimonH
8th April 2015, 09:27

Would you criticise him for giving someone a fat lip if they had been slagging off his wife and kids :Erm:

Iani
8th April 2015, 10:33
Aww bless him, poor 'victim'... He doesn't even have the nuts to follow it through

You know, you COULD on the other hand interpret that as "he manned up, and like blokes throughout the ages, accepted that sometimes you get a punch for being a prat, decided to grow up and let it go".

Who knows though.

As for Clarkson, well I've said before, I'm almost convinced he's a year or so decided he's getting on a bit, wants to "retire" but either doesn't want to be remembered as the guy who wrecked Top Gear, or even just wants to make a "laddish" name for himself so he's trying to get himself sacked.

les_taxi
8th April 2015, 10:42
I'm with the slap for being a prat brigade. Sometimes it's deserved.

grahamw48
8th April 2015, 13:46
JC will be presenting at least one new edition of BBC's 'Have I Got News For You'...coming soon. :smile:

stevewool
8th April 2015, 17:24
End of the day, we have all been hit - either by our parents or some bully - and did it do us any harm? :NoNo: But on the other hand, it is not right either way. I would hate to be in a situation where someone gave me a clip and I was like many of you lot are saying A WIMP, I WOULD BE SH-T SCARED. Now that is wrong in anyone's eyes.

Noboby knows what really happened and all I know is what I have read from here. Yes, he was good at his job - a MAN'S MAN some say. Well he's not my man's man, but that's just my opinion.

grahamw48
8th April 2015, 17:48
He did serve as a good reminder and incentive for me to stop smoking. The man looks at least 10 years older than his actual age. Still hard to believe he is only 54.

stevewool
8th April 2015, 18:06
There you go Graham , cant thank him enough for that, we are all getting older, some can manage it better then others, some cant,
If he had a cold salad instead of a large steak on that night that would have maybe made him feel younger too, hang about he had nothing, so he had no nutrition, thats why he looks shagged and old too

stevewool
8th April 2015, 18:08
end of the day, we have all been hit - either by our parents or some bully - and did it do us any harm? :nono: But on the other hand, it is not right either way. I would hate to be in a situation where someone gave me a clip and i was like many of you lot are saying a wimp, i would be sh-t scared. Now that is wrong in anyone's eyes.

Noboby knows what really happened and all i know is what i have read from here. Yes, he was good at his job - a man's man some say. Well he's not my man's man, but that's just my opinion.

Who put this smilie in my thread ???????

joebloggs
8th April 2015, 18:37
To be fair Steve, that's not the gist of what Jonnijon was saying. The point was that we don't know what happened leading up to the slap.
The producer could have been winding him up all day, and then at the end of the long day after a few beers pushed Clarkson over the edge. Then to top it all he could have shouted the place down saying he'd have Clarkson's job and he was off to A&E like a little cry baby. Clarkson may have then sobered up pretty quickly and reported himself to the BBC as a damage limitation ploy :Erm:

he pushed himself over the edge, as for your 'coulds', the facts

On 9 March 2015, Jeremy Clarkson reported to BBC management that he had been involved in a physical and verbal incident with Oisin Tymon, the producer of Top Gear, at the Simonstone Hall hotel, North Yorkshire, while working on location. The incident had occurred on 4 March 2015 and Jeremy Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, pending investigation.

I was asked to undertake an investigation to establish the facts of what occurred. In conducting my investigation, in line with the BBC’s usual practice, I interviewed a number of witnesses and others connected with the incident. Accounts were agreed, based on my interviews, with each participant.

Having conducted these interviews and considered the evidence presented, I conclude the following: on 4 March 2015 Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson. During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently.

Specific facts I have found as part of my investigation are as follows:

Earlier on 4 March, studio recording of Top Gear had taken place in Surrey and the presenters had travelled that same evening to the location shoot in North Yorkshire.
The incident occurred on a patio area of the Simonstone Hall hotel, where Oisin Tymon was working on location for Top Gear.
The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness.
It is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation.
The verbal abuse was directed at Oisin Tymon on more than one occasion – both during the attack and subsequently inside the hotel – and contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack him. The abuse was at such volume as to be heard in the dining room, and the shouting was audible in a hotel bedroom.
Derogatory and abusive language, relating to Oisin Tymon and other members of the Top Gear team, continued to be used by Jeremy Clarkson inside the hotel, in the presence of others, for a sustained period of time.
It is clear that Oisin Tymon was shocked and distressed by the incident, and believed that he had lost his job.
Following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination.
Over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person.
And it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.

It was not disputed by Jeremy Clarkson or any witness that Oisin Tymon was the victim of an unprovoked physical and verbal attack. It is also clear to me that Oisin Tymon is an important creative member of the Top Gear team who is well-valued and respected. He has suffered significant personal distress as a result of this incident, through no fault of his own.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-fracas-report-full-text-bbc-macquarrie

Arthur Little
8th April 2015, 19:04
He did serve as a good reminder and incentive for me to stop smoking. The man looks at least 10 years older than his actual age. Still hard to believe he is only 54.

Tbh, Graham ... :Smokin: moderation[/B]] has precious little to [I] do with the ageing process. :NoNo: Far less so, I'd say, than uncontrolled, long-term alcohol consumption. :NEW1: Rather, it's when those two vices are indulged in to excess that the complexion eventually turns pallid and prematurely wrinkled.

Now, my maternal grandfather, for instance, smoked (mainly a pipe) from his teens, had double pneumonia twice ... yet lived until he was *97 years old - by *which age, he'd still a full head of [predominantly] black Brylcreemed hair (something I'll never have, whatever age I reach ... despite regularly "borrowing" his Brylcreem whenever we visited :wink:) - and remained smooth-skinned all his days.

Indeed, my granny, his wife - who'd never smoked in her life - was often mistaken for being his mother ... in spite of the small age-gap between the pair of them amounting to a mere fourteen months. :smile:

SimonH
8th April 2015, 19:07
who put this smilie in my thread ???????

The phantom editor strikes again :NoNo:

SimonH
8th April 2015, 19:09
:icon_lol: I've worked in many places, but those who used their fists had lost the argument :wink: and their job :biggrin:

As for the old days :olddude: everyone was respectful, 'ang on, Clarkson is in his mid 50's he's no teenager :doh

And for the rest of your post, it was Clarkson who reported it to the BBC, probably because he realised he was in deep :censored: the producer didn't and the producer has not spoken to the press or anyone as far as I can tell and he doesn't want to press charges, so that's a funny way of seeking publicity. :cwm25: And as for winding Clarkson up, I think the abuse was all from Clarkson

My coulds, your woulds :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
8th April 2015, 19:34
End of the day, we have all been hit - either by our parents or some bully - and did it do us any harm? :NoNo: But on the other hand, it is not right either way. I would hate to be in a situation where someone gave me a clip and I was like many of you lot are saying A WIMP, I WOULD BE SH-T SCARED. Now that is wrong in anyone's eyes.

Noboby knows what really happened and all I know is what I have read from here. Yes, he was good at his job - a MAN'S MAN some say. Well he's not my man's man, but that's just my opinion.

Who put this smilie in my thread ???????

:Erm: ... y'mean this > ':NoNo:'?

Oh :yeahthat: was me, Steve ... because I felt it emphasised the point you'd been making about none of us being any the worse of wallops we'd had from [I stress] our parents.

:icon_sorry: ... if you prefer ... :anerikke: ... I can easily remove it again.

Arthur Little
8th April 2015, 19:47

:nono-1-1:, Simon ... he doesn't! See my explanation.

SimonH
8th April 2015, 19:56
:nono-1-1:, Simon ... he doesn't! See my explanation.

Arthur, I posted that before you put up your explanation :smile:
The real phantom editor hasn't got the :censored:s to admit to their editing :NoNo:

stevewool
8th April 2015, 20:25
Don't remove it Arthur, it makes my replies look better, thankyou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th April 2015, 21:59

:xxparty-smiley-004:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5V1vSuEMMo

joebloggs
8th April 2015, 22:01
My coulds, your woulds :icon_lol:

Now which post, yours or mine is nearer the truth ? :biggrin:

SimonH
8th April 2015, 22:04
Now which post, yours or mine is nearer the truth ? :biggrin:

Mine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th April 2015, 22:08
Mine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:laugher::crazy: as usual

London_Manila
9th April 2015, 01:56
I am sure if most of us hit one of our co workers then the police would take a great interest and we would probably end up in court on an assault charge.......

I like Clarkson but feel physically attacking one's fellow colleagues is beyond the pale

Ako Si Jamie
9th April 2015, 12:27
I am sure if most of us hit one of our co workers then the police would take a great interest and we would probably end up in court on an assault charge.......

I like Clarkson but feel physically attacking one's fellow colleagues is beyond the paleThis.