PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous

Ako Si Jamie
4th March 2015, 20:13
Read more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31729808

I would imagine the police officer in question has been called worse than a pleb during his career as a copper.

Money grabbing pleb.

Tawi2
4th March 2015, 20:41
Plod nowadays are like footballers :icon_lol: bring back Regan and Carter. Any politician calling them a pleb would be given a good kicking :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
4th March 2015, 20:43
Read more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31729808

I would imagine the police officer in question has been called worse than a pleb during his career as a copper.

Money grabbing pleb.

Yes, he may have been called worse, but on this one I don't blame him for grabbing the £80,000! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th March 2015, 21:26
Away back in the dim and distant past as a youngster - like most kids - I was subjected to taunts from my peers. Always taller than average for my age ... and, of course, with a surname like mine ... I used to mockingly be called "BIG Little". Hardly surprising really ... :anerikke: ... when one thinks about it! It did annoy :angry: me intensely at the time, though.

OK, it's not as bad as being called a "pleb" maybe. But all the same, I remember feeling hurt - and possibly what irritated me most was the *other kids' pronunciation of my surname in the local dialect (I'd not long moved up to the rural Perthshire village of Glenfarg from my native Glasgow) whereupon the 't's in my name seemed somehow to've been dropped in *their peculiar accent, so that to me it sounded more like "Lu~hle" when the wee buggers pronounced it. Grr ... ! :cwm23:

Anyway, it was [I] around that time, I first heard the well-known couplet ... the words of which have stuck in my mind ever since:

"Sticks an' stones may break my bones
But names will never harm me!"

Methinks more adults should make those words their motto. Perhaps then, :cwm25: there would be less excuse for folk taking one another to court and suing them for ridiculous sums of money. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
4th March 2015, 22:15
Yes, he may have been called worse, but on this one I don't blame him for grabbing the £80,000! :xxgrinning--00xx3:It was hardly a gift though Michael. He instigated it by making a song and dance about something most men would have shrugged off.

Tawi2
4th March 2015, 22:31
Whose pocket does the actual cash come out of? :Erm:

marksroomspain
4th March 2015, 22:47
Have to agree with Michael on this one. What gives a toffee nosed tw-t the right to talk down to a police officer like that? Also been shown to be a liar! Good on the copper, I would certainly be smiling too...:biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
4th March 2015, 23:01
Have to agree with Michael on this one. What gives a toffee nosed tw-t the right to talk down to a police officer like that? Also been shown to be a liar! Good on the copper, I would certainly be smiling too...:biggrin:

Fair point about Mitchell and I'm not defending him at all. It's just ludicrous the copper gets £80k for being called a name. If he was badly injured in the line of duty then fair enough.

johncar54
5th March 2015, 08:43
It is not that he was called a Pleb but that Mitchell called him a liar.

I know several people who believed Mitchell's lies, and added their gut feeling that the coppers had all lied.

Well now that gut feeling can be put to bed.

Had there been no compensation many would still be saying that a copper lied.

Dedworth
5th March 2015, 09:54
Plod nowadays are like footballers :icon_lol: bring back Regan and Carter. Any politician calling them a pleb would be given a good kicking :icon_lol:

Seconded Tawi :biggrin:

You're nicked for the murder of Delphine Parks, the rape and attempted murder of Nina Akiboa. Anything you say will be taken down, ripped up and shoved down your scrawny little throat until you've choked to death. Gene Hunt chapter 1 verse 2.

Dirty Harry and the homicidal maniac. Harry's the one with the badge.

andy222
5th March 2015, 12:41
It is not that he was called a Pleb but that Mitchell called him a liar.

I know several people who believed Mitchell's lies, and added their gut feeling that the coppers had all lied.

Well now that gut feeling can be put to bed.

Had there been no compensation many would still be saying that a copper lied.
Totally agree John. Another lying Tory dealt with. :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: