PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Dating Customs

KeithD
22nd February 2015, 11:44
http://filipinaroses.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Philippine-Dating-Customs-300x205.jpg (http://filipinaroses.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Philippine-Dating-Customs.jpg)
Formally courting someone is part of the Philippine tradition. In the early days, Filipino men court women by showing the woman and her family what he is capable of doing. For instance, the man should know to do light bulb fixtures, farming, fetch water from the well, do carpentry, and the most important of all, the capability of supporting the woman financially and show her family that he genuinely loves the woman. However, just like any other country, Philippine dating customs have also changed through time. Younger generations just text each other some “cheesy” and “kilig” pick-up lines and that’s it. You have yourself a boyfriend or a girlfriend. But, this article will focus more on the traditional way of how Filipinos win the heart of a Filipina.

Going to church with a Filipina and hearing the mass with her is a good indication that you are really serious about going out with her, and you want more from her than just dating for fun and excitement.
Filipino men and women are known to have a great sense of humor despite of the harsh problems they are facing. Filipinos are good with jokes and doing fun and silly things. Be fun and outgoing yourself can help boost both of your moods and prevent awkwardness.
If both of you are still in the get-to-know-each-other phase, do NOT talk to her about sex! Despite the changing world, there are still lots of Filipinas who are conservative and are not open to such conversations. They will only see you as a pervert and that you are only after lust, not love.
When dating a Filipina, men should make sure they give them a ride home safely. It’s not really necessary that you should own a car. Philippines have lots of jeepneys and taxis, as long as the girl is with and you make her feel safe, then everything’s good!
Also, Filipinas can be frugal as well. It can be a bonus if you take her out on expensive dates and dinners, but don’t do this too often. Some girls might be impressed, but others don’t want you to lavish your savings on them, especially when you are not official yet. They prefer simple dates such as a picnic in the park, or strolling, and hanging out in the mall and watch movies.
Introducing you to his/her family could mean that they are serious in having a relationship with you. So be sure you make a good impression when meeting up with her family. Filipinos like to have lots of gatherings, so be prepared in meeting the family and make sure you remember all the names!
Last but not the least, SERENADING. This is the oldest form of dating custom in the Philippines. In the early generations, men would sing a long song along with his friends or “barkada” while playing the guitar and the woman witness them from her balcony. Now, anyone can do it just about anywhere. Many have witnessed a formal courtship and serenading in malls and parks with all the balloons and flowers. Truly, Filipinos have a unique way of courting a fellow Filipino woman!

http://filipinaroses.com/philippine-dating-customs/ | Philippine Dating Customs

imagine
22nd February 2015, 13:14
Good subject! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd February 2015, 14:30
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I seem to recollect much of that

mickcant
24th February 2015, 10:32
Can see where I went wrong :cwm25:
Mick. :smile:

Dedworth
24th February 2015, 13:58
I think I was in danger of getting kicked into touch on day one but somehow saved my skin :biggrin:

Tokyo
27th February 2015, 14:51
Nice guide, Win2Win. It reminds me my 2nd visit :smile:

Tawi2
1st March 2015, 13:03
I guess Tokyo doesn't get a third visit! :icon_lol: Banned on the 1st post has to be a record. :icon_lol:

robbie bobby
1st March 2015, 19:15
I did the first 6 but left our the serenading due to the fact I can't sing.

Good post Win2Win! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
1st March 2015, 22:05
Expensive dates and dinners? I went a step further and took mine on four all expenses paid holidays around the Phils covering eleven provinces. Fat lot of good it did me. :icon_lol:

Next time. Jollibees. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
2nd March 2015, 00:32
They are not all the same Jamie. Live and learn. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
2nd March 2015, 09:55
Good read, very enjoyable!:xxgrinning--00xx3: