PDA

View Full Version : 15 Romantic getaways in the Philippines

Terpe
15th February 2015, 07:56
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sites/default/files/a_images/access/related/ValentineInfo.jpg

Source (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/advertorial/lifestyle/02/13/15/15-romantic-getaways-philippines)

stevewool
15th February 2015, 11:17
All look nice, but anywhere is nice shared with someone special!

Michael Parnham
15th February 2015, 11:26

True! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th February 2015, 12:11

I'll second that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
15th February 2015, 13:08
Dahican Beach in Mati is on my bucket list as are a couple of others mentioned. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not sure I would class Corregidor Island as romantic though, seeing it was the scene of a bloody battle during WWII. :Erm:

Terpe
15th February 2015, 15:05
Dahican Beach in Mati is on my bucket list as is a couple of others mentioned. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you decide to visit Mati let me know and I'll check it out. Maybe join you. It's just past my wife's home town. NPA area so care is needed.

Ako Si Jamie
15th February 2015, 21:16
If you decide to visit Mati let me know and I'll check it out. Maybe join you. It's just past my wife's home town. NPA area so care is needed.

I'm maybe going to the Phils after Easter although I won't go to Mindanao unless I'm insured. Do you know of any travel insurance companies that cover Mindanao, Peter?

If not, I could meet you somewhere else if you fancy a jolly around the Visayas or even Luzon. :smile:

Terpe
16th February 2015, 05:30
I'm maybe going to the Phils after Easter although I won't go to Mindanao unless I'm insured. Do you know of any travel insurance companies that cover Mindanao, Peter?

If not, I could meet you somewhere else if you fancy a jolly around the Visayas or even Luzon. :smile:

Best not visit Mati:-

NPA attacks police station in Mati City

Four Philippine Army soldiers and one New People's Army (NPA) rebel were killed during a shootout Saturday night at a Davao Oriental police station.

According to a report by GMA News' Unang Balita’s Real Sorroche, not less than 50 NPA rebels attacked a police station in Mati City, Davao Oriental on February 14.

The NPA rebels were able to enter the station but the 30 officers on duty were able to defend it from being complete taken.

The NPA escaped in three vans after soldiers arrived, leaving behind a truck. When the soldiers gave chase, a landmine exploded, killing three soldiers and injuring one. Another soldier was killed when he passed by an NPA checkpoint.

According to 10th Infantry Division public affairs officer 1Lt. Vergel Lacambra, the insurgents attacked the police station around 7:30 p.m.

Soldiers from the 701st Brigade caught up with the retreating gunmen.

"Responding Army troops engaged the withdrawing enemy and a firefight erupted in a running gunbattle resulting in two [soldiers wounded] and one enemy killed," Lacambra said.

Col. Bienvenido Datuin, commander of the 701st Brigade, said that joint AFP-PNP personnel based in Mati had contained the situation, with pursuing troops now tracking the attackers.

Meanwhile, 10th ID commander Maj. Gen. Eduardo Aņo called the attack a "desperate nuisance move" by the insurgents.

Source (http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/437413/news/regions/4-soldiers-1-rebel-die-after-npa-attacks-davao-oriental-police-station)

Ako Si Jamie
16th February 2015, 22:34
Best not visit Mati:-

NPA attacks police station in Mati City

Four Philippine Army soldiers and one New People's Army (NPA) rebel were killed during a shootout Saturday night at a Davao Oriental police station.

According to a report by GMA News' Unang Balita’s Real Sorroche, not less than 50 NPA rebels attacked a police station in Mati City, Davao Oriental on February 14.

The NPA rebels were able to enter the station but the 30 officers on duty were able to defend it from being complete taken.

The NPA escaped in three vans after soldiers arrived, leaving behind a truck. When the soldiers gave chase, a landmine exploded, killing three soldiers and injuring one. Another soldier was killed when he passed by an NPA checkpoint.

According to 10th Infantry Division public affairs officer 1Lt. Vergel Lacambra, the insurgents attacked the police station around 7:30 p.m.

Soldiers from the 701st Brigade caught up with the retreating gunmen.

"Responding Army troops engaged the withdrawing enemy and a firefight erupted in a running gunbattle resulting in two [soldiers wounded] and one enemy killed," Lacambra said.

Col. Bienvenido Datuin, commander of the 701st Brigade, said that joint AFP-PNP personnel based in Mati had contained the situation, with pursuing troops now tracking the attackers.

Meanwhile, 10th ID commander Maj. Gen. Eduardo Aņo called the attack a "desperate nuisance move" by the insurgents.

Source (http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/437413/news/regions/4-soldiers-1-rebel-die-after-npa-attacks-davao-oriental-police-station)Just bring Dedworth along. We'll be as safe as houses. :wink: