PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken ID

stevewool
5th February 2015, 07:49
On our last trip to the Philippines I was mistaken a few times, "HI JOE", you know you get it from the street corner and also "ARE YOU AMERICAN, IS HE YOUR BROTHER?"

But the other day out with my mate, what was said blew me away, "IS THIS YOUR DAD?" :yikes::yikes:

Ok, I know I am getting on a bit, but if that's the case, the person sitting next to me is too. Maybe I should look in the mirror before I go out, put a little colour on my hair (say, go red) and maybe some colour to my cheeks too. Every little helps, they say!

jake
5th February 2015, 08:46
Just goes to show years of alcohol abuse, smoking and the wrong diet doesn't always age a person :icon_lol:

I paid him well after you departed :wink:

Steve, a nice red/orange colour would suit you. I'm sure there must be plenty of Indian shops in Derby selling henna. It is supposed make your hair healthier, so some might grow back!

Slip
5th February 2015, 10:01
I just got called Americano everytime I went anywhere!

Then when I explain I am from England, they reply, "oh, how far on the bus to America then?"

I gave up after a few days!

Terpe
5th February 2015, 11:06
Whenever anyone shouts 'Hey Joe' I always shout back 'Hey Phil'

They usually say their name is not Phil, I just smile and say, 'mine's not Joe'.

Haven't heard it since I've been in Davao.

Terpe
5th February 2015, 11:08
On our last trip to the Philippines I was mistaken a few times, "HI JOE", you know you get it from the street corner and also "ARE YOU AMERICAN, IS HE YOUR BROTHER?"

But the other day out with my mate, what was said blew me away, "IS THIS YOUR DAD?" :yikes::yikes:,

Ok, I know I am getting on a bit, but if that's the case, the person sitting next to me is too. Maybe I should look in the mirror before I go out, put a little colour on my hair (say go red) and maybe some colour to my cheeks too. Every little helps they say!

Now I'm puzzled......is that someone who looks young for their years or is it someone looking old for their years??

I've said it many times, if I knew I'd reach this age I'd have taken much better care of myself :biggrin:

imagine
5th February 2015, 12:08
I've had "hi Joe" shouted at me just once from some young guys riding the back of a truck.

At least 50% of women stare at me smiling, and about 1% of guys give a curious look,

Many times I am asked by single women if I am single :biggrin:

I get girls waving to me when I am on the road travelling.

Feels good, everyone being so friendly! :smile:

Often those I talk to think I'm American but I soon put them right. About 50% have no idea of :Britain: or where in the world the UK is.

grahamw48
5th February 2015, 12:30
For years I've been mistaken for one handsome movie star or another. ...Take it in my stride now. :biggrin:

The 'Hey Joe' people in the Phils are just being friendly, so take it as a compliment. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
5th February 2015, 13:41
Now I'm puzzled......is that someone who looks young for their years or is it someone looking old for their years?

I've said it many times, if I knew I'd reach this age I'd have taken much better care of myself :biggrin:

It was my neighbour and he asked me if Steve was my dad! :cwm24:

I was born old and get younger every day. At present I'm nearly 50 years young!

stevewool
5th February 2015, 19:40
Jake, I hope you paid him well, or you got him some glasses. :grosyeux:

There is no more hair dye around Derbyshire :biggrin:, someone must be buying it in bulk! :icon_lol: