PDA

View Full Version : Driving Test experience

rani
4th February 2015, 14:09
Hi guys! I am trying to secure a driver's license here in the UK and it seems like it's really hard to get one.

I passed the theory test on my first attempt but had two practical tests already both of which, I failed. :bigcry: I got one serious mark on my last test when the examiner asked me to stop on the single carriageway/main road when its "safe". I thought it wasn't safe to park on the main road so I hesitated. Almost parked, but changed my mind and drove on further down the road. What a mistake!!!!!

Is it because i was used to driving the "Filipino way"? And, I used to drive an automatic car back home in the Phils, but hubby wanted me to pass this manual thingy. So depressing to get a failing mark (not to mention that it's too costly as well) BUT I will try again and again.....)

What about you? How many attempts before you got hold of your "passed certificate"?

Trefor
4th February 2015, 14:11
How about going for an auto license over here? This is what my Rose did. Much less to think about during the test, especially during the reverse turn/parking etc. Sometimes there is a bit of luck in passing, but if you've got the basics right and are safe then you'll get through eventually. They are looking for safe drivers, not good drivers. Good comes with experience.

les_taxi
4th February 2015, 14:26
Try and stick with a 'manual' as, if you pass in an automatic, that's the only type you can drive in future. Just keep at it till you pass. Good luck! ☺

mjwoz
5th February 2015, 15:20
Will follow this post...:smile:

DAnn
5th February 2015, 16:06
Hi, all!

:smile: I'm currently still using my int'l driver's license but it will expire in August.

When should I start preparing or applying for a UK Driver's License?