PDA

View Full Version : Team Davao

Terpe
3rd February 2015, 09:05
The club started about 19 years ago by a group of friends here in Davao City, united by one passion -- practical shooting -- under the auspices of the Philippine Practical Shooting Association. In 1996, Team Davao was born.

The pioneers of the club were Edwin Gotamco, Cresencio Reyes, Bong Basan of Goldcup Shooters Club and Ret. Col. Bernardo Alejandro. Edwin and Cresencio are still active shooters up to now.

The team members compete in shooting competitions across Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, garnering numerous awards in different kills category.

Among the club's distinguished shooters include -- Jay Agayan (2001 Australasian Champion Standard Division), Jon Christopher Gotamco (2008 World Shoot Bali XV and 2011 Worlds Shoot XVI Greece-Philippine Team Standard Division), Bernardo Mari Alejandro (2011 World Shoot XVI Greece - Philippine Team Production Division, 2011 PPSA Open Nationals Champ-Production Division, 2011 PPSA Nationals Champ-Production Division), Edwin Gotamco (2014 World Shoot Orlando Florida, Philippine Team Super Senior Production - Team Champion, Gold and 3rd Place Bronze for individual award).

In 2010, Team Davao Inc. was officially formed as a non-profit organization under the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission). The effort was through the leadership of past president Dr. Anthony Alberto Angala.

Also, a firing range was constructed and developed located at Maa, Diversion Road and it has become the Official Home of Team Davao Inc.

In 2012, under the leadership of past president Atty. Raymond Batu, Team Davao Incorporated officially became Gun Club duly registered with the Philippine Practical Shooting Association.

The members of the club is not only engaged in practical shooting but has also contributed to the betterment of the Swat Team of Davao City Police Office in terms of developing its firing range, ammunition and equipment for practice and training.

The new officers for 2015 headed by President Edwin Gotamco (President) and club Vice President are planning to make the group better not only in the sports of practical shooting, but also to create projects to help other gun enthusiasts, coordinate with the Davao City Police Office through Senior Superintendent Vicente Danao in any possible way.

And last January 23, the club held the induction of a new set of officers and trustees and acceptance of new members at the Marco Polo Hotel. The members of the club were honored with the presence of Davao City Mayor Rodrigo R. Duterte who gave an inspirational speech and acted as the inducting officer.

Source (http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/lifestyle/2015/02/02/durian-central-team-davao-389859he)

Terpe
3rd February 2015, 09:13
Wonder if they'd let a foreigner (me) join as a member :Erm:

Maybe I'll go there and ask next time I go to Maa

That's if I can find some spare time :Cuckoo:

andy222
3rd February 2015, 15:27
Double the fee for you to join Terpe. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
7th February 2015, 14:25
I shot at Diversion Road a few times, decent range. :xxgrinning--00xx3: