PDA

View Full Version : Aeon Towers Davao Abreea Mall Road Collapse

KeithD
1st February 2015, 10:12
I think they forgot to add concrete, or more likely due to corruption it was sold off and replaced with sand :doh

Lucky the Mall was closed when the Abreea Mall Road Collapsed. Some sites say it is a pathway, but it is obviously the road around the building to the parking areas. The road collapse looks like it is into the car parking area.

I would not like to be living in that building, the tallest in Davao, and new. How strong are the foundations? :omg:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2015/02/01/malls-road-collapses-389619

http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9266&stc=1

Terpe
1st February 2015, 14:32
I'm neither a qualified civil engineer nor a qualified builder. Having said that I've gained some experience over the years drawing up building plans and specifications.

Based on what I've personally seen during my short time here I've become convinced that I've witnessed the worst building/construction/roadworks etc ever in my life.
To say it's worrying would be an understatement.
The house I currently rent has the poorest build quality I've ever experienced.
I've seen major road construction that clearly hasn't had motorised traffic in mind.

You just couldn't make it up.

andy222
1st February 2015, 15:26
Its more fun int the Philippines. :wink:

Arthur Little
1st February 2015, 17:00
:yeahthat:'s new since I was last there six years ago.

:yikes: ... scary!

Arthur Little
1st February 2015, 17:35
Reminiscent of the former Tayside House erected on the waterfront at Dundee in the late 1970s. Purpose-built originally as the Headquarters of the *Regional Council, it was, in turn, occupied by *its successor ... following Scottish Local Government reorganisation circa 1996 and, throughout its existence had, somewhat ominously :cwm24: - if not appropriately - earned iself the nickname, 'Faulty Towers' until its [fairly] recent demolition.