PDA

View Full Version : Schengen visa for Portugal

marksroomspain
30th January 2015, 23:32
Hi guys just wondering does anybody know if an application can be made for a schengen visa for Portugal in the north of England as we don't fancy travelling to London.

Has anybody applied like this? Cheers forum...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
31st January 2015, 01:53
Portuguese Consulate General in Manchester

1 Portland street, 2nd Floor
Manchester, M13BE
United Kingdom
Telephone (+44) 161 236 09 90
Telefax (+44) 161 236 20 64
E-mail consulado@manchester.dgaccp.pt

Don't know if this is either close to you or even if still valid.
You'd need to check it out

Terpe
31st January 2015, 01:57
Have you asked their Embassy if they allow online applications ?
Some used to at one time.

marksroomspain
31st January 2015, 16:41
Portuguese Consulate General in Manchester

1 Portland street, 2nd Floor
Manchester, M13BE
United Kingdom
Telephone (+44) 161 236 09 90
Telefax (+44) 161 236 20 64
E-mail consulado@manchester.dgaccp.pt

Don't know if this is either close to you or even if still valid.
You'd need to check it out

Thanks Peter, will check it out! Hope so, as don't fancy long trip South. At least Manchester is only a 2-hour drive...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anakin
16th August 2015, 12:31
Is it pretty straightforward getting a schengen visa to visit Portugal?

My wife has an ILR and was thinking of taking her to Europe for the first time next month.
Wondered if anyone had applied online or is it a visit in person job?

marksroomspain
16th August 2015, 17:47
Is it pretty straightforward getting a schengen visa to visit Portugal?

My wife has an ILR and was thinking of taking her to Europe for the first time next month.
Wondered if anyone had applied online or is it a visit in person job?

Hiya Anakin I done a post a couple of days ago regarding this and you have to actually go in person either to Manchester or London whichever is nearer to you.

Process is simple basically for your wife 1 passport photo, passport & copy, BRP & copy, marriage certificate & copy also flight itinerary showing actual flights booked and paid for and your passport & copy.

If you get an early appointment visa can be processed within 2 hours so really simple and a lot more accommodating than other embassies....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PS: Schengen application is filled in online and then printed off to secure an appointment at the embassy and at the time my wife done it it was a wait of around 3 weeks for next appointment date...

Anakin
16th August 2015, 18:00
Cheers marksroomspain, that's exactly what I wanted to know!
Was wondering if you had to book a holiday first before you got your visa.
Very helpful - thanks.

filscot99
3rd September 2015, 22:24
Cheers marksroomspain, that's exactly what I wanted to know!
Was wondering if you had to book a holiday first before you got your visa.
Very helpful - thanks.
hello just want to ask if you were able to apply for a schengen visa, planning to apply this week, thanks

filscot99
5th September 2015, 10:15
Hiya Anakin I done a post a couple of days ago regarding this and you have to actually go in person either to Manchester or London whichever is nearer to you.

Process is simple basically for your wife 1 passport photo, passport & copy, BRP & copy, marriage certificate & copy also flight itinerary showing actual flights booked and paid for and your passport & copy.

If you get an early appointment visa can be processed within 2 hours so really simple and a lot more accommodating than other embassies....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PS: Schengen application is filled in online and then printed off to secure an appointment at the embassy and at the time my wife done it it was a wait of around 3 weeks for next appointment date...

Hello there, can you tell me the website to fill up application form to secure an appointment please? thank you