PDA

View Full Version : Any filipina experienced this as well?

Jentobeharrison
27th January 2015, 21:46
Arrived here in UK July last year and I can see my hair is going everywhere on our floor. Around December - and now January - my hair loss is worse, in that whenever I wash my hair, there is bunch of hair coming out from my head. Not breaking hair, but it just really comes out from the scalp. I've had advice from the doctor saying that he needs to check my blood to see if I have problems in vitamins but there's none. And now my thick long black hair is gone and it's so thin that I can see my scalp. :bigcry:

Anyone else experienced this? If so, what remedies did you guys use?

tiger31
27th January 2015, 22:20
It sounds like you may have Alopecia, which for a Filipina would be a disaster. You maybe need to go back to doctors and ask for more blood tests to find the cause of it.

SimonH
27th January 2015, 22:30
I wouldn't worry, (I know that's easy to say) but it will most probably grow back :smile:

Does any of this sound familiar :Erm:

Telogen effluvium
Telogen effluvium is a common type of alopecia where there is widespread thinning of the hair, rather than specific bald patches. Your hair may feel thinner, but you're unlikely to lose it all and your other body hair isn't usually affected.

Telogen effluvium can be caused by your body reacting to:

Hormonal changes, such as those that take place when a woman is pregnant
Intense emotional stress
Intense physical stress, such as childbirth
A short-term illness, such as a severe infection or an operation
A long-term illness, such as cancer or liver disease
Changes in your diet, such as crash-dieting
Some medications, such as anticoagulants (medicines that reduce the ability of your blood to clot) or beta-blockers (used to treat a number of conditions, such as high blood pressure)

In most cases of telogen effluvium, your hair will stop falling out and start to grow back within six months.

London_Manila
28th January 2015, 01:51
The water here is harsh, diba. Maybe that could be a reason

Anne2014
28th January 2015, 08:55
Arrived here in UK July last year and I can see my hair is going everywhere on our floor. Around December - and now January - my hair loss is worse, in that whenever I wash my hair, there is bunch of hair coming out from my head. Not breaking hair, but it just really comes out from the scalp. I've had advice from the doctor saying that he needs to check my blood to see if I have problems in vitamins but there's none. And now my thick long black hair is gone and it's so thin that I can see my scalp. :bigcry:

Anyone else experienced this? If so, what remedies did you guys use?

I can relate with you in this. I agree with London_Manila, it's the water. Have you tried turning the water temperature down?

London_Manila
29th January 2015, 03:29
Our water is not exactly pure in the UK after all the treatments its been through :cwm25:

People out in south east asia have much smoother skin than us and i put it all down to the water we use for bathing ..... no facts to back it up just my thoughts :smile:

fred
29th January 2015, 03:50
My Mrs used to have the same problem in the UK..
No problem anymore since we moved here.

raynaputi
29th January 2015, 09:19
You must be living in an area with hard water? I live in North Wales and water here is soft, like the ones in Manila, and never have problems with hair or skin.

KeithD
29th January 2015, 09:26
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-connection-between-hard-water-and-hair-loss.htm

grahamw48
29th January 2015, 16:15
Yes, London is a (particularly) hard water area. Water hardness varies considerably in different parts of the country...as all us fish keepers know.

A phone call to your local water supply company (or google now ?) will produce for you a detailed chemical analysis of your local tapwater .

KeithD
29th January 2015, 16:40
On the balance of probabilities it is more likely a medical condition. If it was something influenced by the water it would be more of a widespread problem in hard water areas, and the companies would have had to do something about it on public health grounds.

grahamw48
29th January 2015, 17:47
Agreed Keith. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
29th January 2015, 18:25
So if we see a load of boneheads around it's an indication of hard water :biggrin:

cessxy
30th January 2015, 20:54
I have the same problem as you, but my hair is still thick and strong though. Try not to wash your hair everyday. Three times a week washing your hair is enough. And yeah, turn down the water temperature. And use Argan Masque once a week, to make your hair strong and shiny. You can get that in Sally's. You will notice in a few weeks that you don't have much hair falling out.

Btw use Argan oil as well - after you wash your hair.

fred
31st January 2015, 00:43
I dont think its the hard water.. We live on lime stone island here.
We have Manny Pacquio water.. Hard as ....!

KeithD
31st January 2015, 09:47
Hard as ....!

a dwarf? :Erm:

DAnn
5th February 2015, 16:17
Hi, I have been experiencing a similar thing since I arrived. Must be hormonal changes, or stress due to my body coping with the cold temperature. I have been noticing a lot of physical changes in me aside from the falling hair. Anyways, regarding the hairfall, try the Garnier shampoo 2 in 1 - it is a green bottle. You can easily find it in any poundland store. It is more expensive to buy it in Tesco and the likes. The green Garnier conditioner is also good. So far this product has reduced the hairfall or could be that I am less stressed now because my body is getting used to the cold. It's so cold in England! Bbbrrrrrhhh! The things we do for love huh! :smile: Anyways, try the product, if it didn't work for you, you lost a £1 :smile: