PDA

View Full Version : American Sniper

Dedworth
26th January 2015, 22:37
A "must see" film :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
26th January 2015, 23:56
Yup, gritty realism! Been to see it twice, the rumours are in for the running to direct it were Spielberg and Eastwood with Eastwood winning. It would have been interesting to see how a Spielberg-directed American sniper had played.

Dedworth
27th January 2015, 00:50
If Clint was younger he'd be starring in it.

Kyle was an amazing man :-

When director Clint Eastwood and actor Bradley Cooper first set out to turn Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle’s autobiography into a Hollywood film, the pair traveled to Hamilton, Texas to meet with Kyle’s father.

The duo hoped to learn about Kyle’s life, and sought the blessings of his family before taking on the arduous task of creating a film — American Sniper — that would pay tribute to the legendary hero.

Wayne Kyle, Chris’ father, had a few reservations about the project when he met with Cooper and Eastwood, and it was reportedly an intense meeting.

The elder Kyle said he looked directly at Eastwood and warned him: “Disrespect my son and I’ll unleash Hell on you.”

Both Eastwood and Cooper assured him they wouldn’t do anything to cause the family any anguish.

“They looked me in the eye and told me they would honor my son’s memory. That was good enough for me,” Wayne said. “Both Mr. Eastwood and Mr. Cooper were men I could trust. They were very open and engaging and did not want to hide anything.”

The father had his doubts about his son’s 2012 autobiography being turned into a movie because he knew “what Hollywood can do and how it can change things.”

He was convinced by their decision to personally come see him and how “very respectful and honest” they were.

Cooper is still able to recite the names of Kyle’s entire family from memory, and described Kyle’s home as “sacred ground,” he said:

We spent three days with Taya, Kyle’s wife, and McKenna and Colton, the two children, and then Wayne and Debbie, his parents, and Jeff and Amy, his brother and his brother’s wife.

It changed us for the rest of the shoot. It was the thing that sort of concretized it for us and really made us both realize just how important a responsibility we had, and we also got tons of material from it.

American Sniper tells the true story of the most lethal sniper in Navy SEAL history. Kyle served four duties in Iraq, from 2003 to 2008, and according to the Daily Mail, killed as many as 255 insurgents.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/12/23/chris-kyles-father-to-clint-eastwood-disrespect-my-son-ill-unleash-hell-on-you/

Terpe
27th January 2015, 01:31
I watched it a couple of weeks ago. Remarkable film about a remarkable man.

Slip
27th January 2015, 10:02
It is one of around 100 films I have on the laptop to watch, since Harlene has arrived I have only watched a couple of films, no spare time now!

les_taxi
27th January 2015, 11:06
You're like me, I have lots on my pc but hardly ever find time to watch. Better download this one now. :biggrin:

bigmarco
27th January 2015, 12:55
Excellent film although I must confess having not read about Chris Kyle before the ending knocked me for six.

mickcant
27th January 2015, 13:19
Agree, an Excellent film :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

fred
28th January 2015, 07:34
Great film. Proper hero. Very sad and shocking ending.
We had a young marine live just up the road from us here on a years R&R from Iraq a few years back..
Very mentally disturbed individual..Very, very unpredictable character.

fred
28th January 2015, 08:02
BTW.. Did anyone not notice the fake Baby? :icon_lol:

Trefor
28th January 2015, 09:41
While the guy may be remarkable, releasing a film about sniping in Iraq is completely the wrong thing to do in the current terrorist 'climate'. Americans really are stupid sometimes. They even released this movie in the Middle East where it is getting some interesting feedback (seen various friends feeds where their friends are frothing about it).

Tawi2
28th January 2015, 09:54
BTW.. Did anyone not notice the fake Baby? :icon_lol:

Yeah, his daughter. :icon_lol:

andy222
28th January 2015, 10:38
A good film - disappointed at the ending - though they could have shown what happened when he got killed.

Trefor
28th January 2015, 17:59
While the guy may be remarkable, releasing a film about sniping in Iraq is completely the wrong thing to do in the current terrorist 'climate'. Americans really are stupid sometimes. They even released this movie in the Middle East where it is getting some interesting feedback (seen various friends feeds where their friends are frothing about it).

And guess what I've just seen:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2928652/Iraqi-Sniper-ISIS-posts-pictures-sniper-battalion-inspired-Chris-Kyle-s-notorious-insurgent-rival-Juba-killed-40-Americans-Baghdad.html

les_taxi
28th January 2015, 21:14
A good film - disappointed at the ending - though they could have shown what happened when he got killed.

Bloody hell! Cheers Andy :cwm23:

No point in watching it now!

andy222
28th January 2015, 21:28
It's still worth watching Les, to see Sienna Miller. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
28th January 2015, 21:58
Yes, but Andy, please put 'spoiler alert' in future - doubt I if will bother now :doh

Dedworth
28th January 2015, 21:59
Watch it Les - well worth it!

andy222
28th January 2015, 22:20
Yes, but Andy, please put 'spoiler alert' in future - doubt if I will bother now :doh

:icon_sorry: Sorry mate, still worth watching though!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
29th January 2015, 00:50
Yep, saw it tonight. One of my top ten films in my opinion.