PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy DIY stuff

stevewool
11th January 2015, 14:29
Where would you go to buy all the big things for building the house in the Phils? I mean windows, doors, plasterboard and so on. Are there big stores that you can work round?

Any ideas boys?

Longweekend
11th January 2015, 14:34
We used the local builders merchants, they also opened an account for us which was useful and they delivered FOC..... :biggrin:

stevewool
11th January 2015, 14:40
Cheers for that, I am glad you knew what I meant rather then just DIU. For others it's meant to be DIY.

imagine
11th January 2015, 14:44
I used a builders merchant for most of our stuff, negotiated discount.

Sand, gravel we ordered from someone else who delivered by truck,

Shopped around for quotes on colour roof, windows, doors, tiles.

jake
12th January 2015, 08:12
As other have said builders merchant. The problem is they don't always have everything on display and if your not sure of the exact name, it can sometimes be a pain.

If you're looking for a store where you can see everything on display, I would recommend Wilcon Builders Depot. Not always the cheapest but you can at least find what you want without knowing the proper name. They also have a very good range of tiles and indoor stuffs. I know there is one on C5 just before the turn off for Marakina, as I pass it at least twice a week. Wouldn't cost much to go there by taxi.

http://www.wilcon.com.ph/

stevewool
24th January 2015, 11:53
Thanks Jake - what a store! Everything that you are wanting and good prices too. Even better, being shown around by someone who knows what they are on about! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th January 2015, 01:51
As other have said builders merchant. The problem is they don't always have everything on display and if your not sure of the exact name, it can sometimes be a pain.

If you're looking for a store where you can see everything on display, I would recommend Wilcon Builders Depot. Not always the cheapest but you can at least find what you want without knowing the proper name. They also have a very good range of tiles and indoor stuffs. I know there is one on C5 just before the turn off for Marakina, as I pass it at least twice a week. Wouldn't cost much to go there by taxi.

http://www.wilcon.com.ph/

Luckily we have quite a few DIY stores close by.
Best of all though is a huge Wilcon warehouse/store about 10 mins away by jeep.
Amazing place. I only go there by myself these days as my wife gets bored after about 20 minutes :icon_lol:
I sometimes browse around for more than an hour.
It's just amazing the stuff they have. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th January 2015, 06:33
Luckily we have quite a few DIY stores close by.
Best of all though is a huge Wilcon warehouse/store about 10 mins away by jeep.
Amazing place. I only go there by myself these days as my wife gets bored after about 20 minutes :icon_lol:
I sometimes browse around for more than an hour.
It's just amazing the stuff they have. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's a man's thing :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
26th January 2015, 07:10
We use just about every Chinese back street construction merchant there is here, along with the plush type DIY stores like citi hardware etc.
It takes time to find out who sells what and at what price but taking the time can save you a lot of money on a big project.
Also bare in mind that some outlets have free delivery but many do not.
In the Chinese outlets,always ask for a discount.. It doesn't matter if you are only buying one kilo of nails.. Discounts are usually between 5/10%.

Terpe
26th January 2015, 07:25
We use just about every Chinese back street construction merchant there is here, along with the plush type DIY stores like citi hardware etc.
It takes time to find out who sells what and at what price but taking the time can save you a lot of money on a big project.
Also bare in mind that some outlets have free delivery but many do not.
In the Chinese outlets,always ask for a discount.. It doesn't matter if you are only buying one kilo of nails.. Discounts are usually between 5/10%.

Thanks for that great tip Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I haven't got around to back street browsing yet as I tend to get lost and look like a bewlidered tourist.

Give me another month and I'll be check out all those tucked away places for sure :icon_lol:

stevewool
26th January 2015, 07:55
Shopping for windows,taken a few days but I think we have found what I am wanting, aluminium double glazed with built in Mozilla nets, dark glass too. They will make the sizes we want and fit them too, great price.

jake
26th January 2015, 13:47
Even better, being shown around by A FIT, GOOD LOOKING BLOKE who knows what they are on about! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That"s better :wink::icon_lol:

stevewool
1st February 2015, 08:39
That"s better :wink::icon_lol:

Indeed, you are right there Jake, many many thanks for the time you spent with us , would never have found so many things without you