PDA

View Full Version : Duterte warns Davao businessmen

Terpe
7th January 2015, 08:24
Mayor Rodrigo Duterte has warned businessmen against corrupting government employees by offering money to speed up business permit renewal, saying, “I will throw all your papers.”

“Do not abet corruption. Do not corrupt us,” Duterte said, adding, “Kundi magkaka-problema kayo sa akin (Or else you will have problems with me).”

Duterte said he has already forewarned developers and other big investors against giving even one peso to any government employee or official. He also warned employees against accepting money from businessmen or face outright dismissal from service.

Duterte said he has no problem if businessmen would use and pay fixers such as accountants and bookkeepers if they do not have enough time to process their permits at City Hall. The mayor, however, emphasized the need to follow government rules.

The mayor also told Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) personnel to refrain from acting as middlemen for fire extinguisher producers.

Duterte assured that processing of permits will be complete in three days.

Application for business permit renewals is from Jan. 3 until Jan. 20 at the one-stop-shop at the Sangguniang Panlungsod and NCCC Mall.

The Business Bureau is expecting over 30,000 business permits for renewal.

For business renewal, businessmen or their representative must bring the previous mayor’s permit, a notarized list of all employees, authority to transact the renewal of mayor’s permit, clear photocopy of valid ID, barangay clearance, certified copy of proof of exemption, and available financial statement of the previous year.

Source (http://www.interaksyon.com/article/102501/duterte-warns-davao-businessmen-against-corrupting-city-employees-in-renewal-of-permits)

Terpe
7th January 2015, 08:27
Love him or hate him, he has been the major contributory factor in making Davao City a safe, law-abiding and peaceful place to live.

Long may it continue I say :Jump:

Dedworth
7th January 2015, 12:01
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/machine-gun.gif

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
7th January 2015, 12:46
I hope he has good bodyguards although the majority agree with what he says it only takes one person to assassinate him.

Arthur Little
7th January 2015, 13:47
I hope he has good bodyguards although the majority agree with what he says it only takes one person to assassinate him.

Funnily enough, Andy ... your statement reminds me of a wisecrack Duterte made during one of his weekly Sunday television interviews when I was in the Phils; he [?joked :biggrin:] that he'd made arrangements for his body to be cremated after his death to prevent anyone trying to kill him twice!! :cwm24: