PDA

View Full Version : Cagbalete Island

raynaputi
6th January 2015, 14:43
Anyone been here? They said it's a paradise there. Although I wouldn't be prepared to take the travel chaos.. :cwm25: Though I'm guessing some of you will..:biggrin:

Here's a blog about it. http://paonazario.com/2014/04/16/6-hours-and-470-pesos-to-paradise/

https://paolanazarioph.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/screen-shot-2014-04-16-at-1-26-29-am.png?w=777&h=386

Jamesey
6th January 2015, 21:49
Interesting! Looks very much "off the beaten path".

Another island to add to my list!

Ako Si Jamie
8th January 2015, 00:29
Heard of it but haven't been. Looks lovely as does the Calaguas Islands further south in Cam Norte.

Kells
22nd April 2016, 19:51
An old thread I know, but we stayed here in Cagbalete off season September 2015. We stayed at Pansacola Resort mid-week Thursday and Friday. This resort seemed to be the only one open during week days during off season on the island. There was one other couple staying here, but other than that we had the beach to ourselves. When the weekend arrived, it was a different place. Huge groups of students camping and big groups of families. BBQ's, bonfires, karaoke and fire dancing, good fun.
What I really like about Cagbalete Island is how clean the island is. There is no rubbish here, it is a pleasure to walk the beach unlike other places we have been to. There are plenty of Bangka boats to ferry you to Mauban (ph1,000) if you need to visit an ATM. They allow cash withdrawals up to ph10,000 at a cost of ph200. There is also a 7/11 if you need to get supplies. The boatmen will also take you to Baliskan Island Lighthouse, Sandbar on the northern end of the island (this is a beautiful spot), and Snorkeling about 500 meters out from the resorts. Cost ph2,000 for about 4 hours, good value.
We enjoyed Cagbalete Island. We made good friends with one of the staff at Dona Choleng, she was very helpful to us, made life a little easier for us.

Another blog here:- http://mybackpackdiaries.blogspot.ie/2013/03/cagbalete-island-perfect-summer-getaway.html

Michael Parnham
22nd April 2016, 20:01
An old thread I know, but we stayed here in Cagbalete off season September 2015. We stayed at Pansacola Resort mid-week Thursday and Friday. This resort seemed to be the only one open during week days during off season on the island. There was one other couple staying here, but other than that we had the beach to ourselves. When the weekend arrived, it was a different place. Huge groups of students camping and big groups of families. BBQ's, bonfires, karaoke and fire dancing, good fun.
What I really like about Cagbalete Island is how clean the island is. There is no rubbish here, it is a pleasure to walk the beach unlike other places we have been to. There are plenty of Bangka boats to ferry you to Mauban (ph1,000) if you need to visit an ATM. They allow cash withdrawals up to ph10,000 at a cost of ph200. There is also a 7/11 if you need to get supplies. The boatmen will also take you to Baliskan Island Lighthouse, Sandbar on the northern end of the island (this is a beautiful spot), and Snorkeling about 500 meters out from the resorts. Cost ph2,000 for about 4 hours, good value.
We enjoyed Cagbalete Island. We made good friends with one of the staff at Dona Choleng, she was very helpful to us, made life a little easier for us.

Another blog here:- http://mybackpackdiaries.blogspot.ie/2013/03/cagbalete-island-perfect-summer-getaway.html

Welcome to the Forum Kells and thank you for sharing, very nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th April 2016, 07:03

Very informative. Thanks for posting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th April 2016, 07:03

Very informative. Thanks for posting :xxgrinning--00xx3: