PDA

View Full Version : My Mayor....

Terpe
29th December 2014, 04:18
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/hk/8Ej_RX2NZOuQFXTAduxSTxjZzh/newsinfo.inquirer.net/files/2014/01/300x287xduterte121-300x287.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CdMglpiHdDydqN5gq7tu.jpg

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
29th December 2014, 05:47
I am friends with the mayor in the next town Peter, I went to his house and shot a number of weapons in his rather large gardens and land. He even gave me his own 9mm automatic pistol to shoot.

Terpe
29th December 2014, 06:24
I am friends with the mayor in the next town Peter, I went to his house and shot a number of weapons in his rather large gardens and land. He even gave me his own 9mm automatic pistol to shoot.

That's great Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've learnt over the years that who you know can be important here in the Paradise Islands, especially when it's more than just an aquaintance, such as having shared interests etc.

Living in the rural area when I was younger almost naturally involved hunting, shooting and fishing.
I owned a Webley & Scott 410 bolt action shotgun for many years.

Plenty of safe places to use it in those days.

I haven't done any kind of shooting since my early 20's but still enjoy fishing.

Longweekend
29th December 2014, 09:53
I unfortunately had a rather different relationship with our local mayor when we lived in Zambales. He thought he owned the town including our land above the salvage line on the beach, he was under the impression he could build his summer vacation hut there. I'm sure there are many good mayors out there but unfortunately we did not get one of them, he spent too much time swanning around with his bodyguards in tow expecting the local people to bow down to him.....:NoNo:

Dedworth
29th December 2014, 10:18
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/hk/8Ej_RX2NZOuQFXTAduxSTxjZzh/newsinfo.inquirer.net/files/2014/01/300x287xduterte121-300x287.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CdMglpiHdDydqN5gq7tu.jpg

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Top Man - we need loads like him over here

grahamw48
29th December 2014, 10:25
We need more border guards like him....licensed to fire at truck parasites. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
29th December 2014, 10:43
If he becomes President I might consider leaving.
The Phils could be turned into a Police state, a bit like when they had martial law here.
I don't trust Policemen here.

SimonH
29th December 2014, 11:00
I was stopped the other day, asked see my licence and how long I was staying. When I told him 5 weeks he said I need a Philippino licence for over a month, I said no it's over 3 months, he just grunted and let me on my way. It was dinner time :icon_lol:

Tawi2
26th January 2015, 11:32
I have been to the range a few times when he has been there,I was at a birthday party 2 weeks ago and his daughter was there.

Ann1984
26th January 2015, 12:37
I Will vote him for president in 2016:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
26th January 2015, 13:45
I Will vote him for president in 2016
Watch his program on sunday mornings he isnt going to stand,he would get a large vote in Mindanao but not the visayas or Luzon.

jake
26th January 2015, 14:08
I have been to the range a few times when he has been there,I was at a birthday party 2 weeks ago and his daughter was there.

Unlucky!

I wonder how many god children the mayor and his daughter have in the Davao area? 100's if not 1,000's would be my guess. Of course being honest politicians I'm sure they don't grant any favours to their godchildren or parents :cwm25:

I exchange pleasantries with Mayors etc at weddings, baptismals but for the most part avoid politicians whenever I can, as they can't be trusted when the :censored: hits the fan.

Mayor Duterte wouldn't stand a chance against the big boys.

Tawi2
26th January 2015, 14:12
Mayor Duterte wouldn't stand a chance against the big boys.
Yup, the birthday party was one of his political cronies who happens to be very wealthy indeed :icon_lol: I wonder how they make their cash :Erm: